lavernamoon

Rank 0
lavernamoon
PostedAug 11, 2011 2:27 pm   Last edited by lavernamoon on Nov 23, 2011 11:16 pm. Edited 12 times in total

Lord Gale Leon Xerxes

Grand Fantasia Fan Fiction
I apologize ahead of time. I am making many drafts of this story so it is undetermined whether or not the story will be finalized. This stage is purely experimental and will be corrected in due time. Please make suggestions for the story either it be kind thoughts or constructive criticism. All would be kindly appreciated. Thank you for viewing this post.

Chapter One:

------------Late afternoon at Lord Gale’s Manor--------------

Lord Gale sat in his armrest chair near the crackling fireplace of his manor. Butler Olsen had been knocking for a few minutes and gently wiggled the knob of the door. He glanced at Gale who held a history book tightly in his hands. Ah the young master must be sleeping. No bother waking him up now…I best make him more comfortable. Now where is that foot rest? Ah here we go. Butler Olsen scooted a plump red footrest to Gale and struggled to lift Gale’s long legs onto the footrest. Something is missing here…Ah wait! He neatly unfolded a thick red blanket and gently place it across Gale’s body, lifting his arms so they rested nicely on top of the blanket. Butler Olsen smiled briefly and then heard a knock on the door. Bah! Who is it now?

“Where is Lord Gale? May I speak with him?” Olsen walked steadfast to the door fumbling with the door knob as if in a hurry to get out in case Lord Gale would awake. He shut the mahogany door behind him after he stepped out of the room.

“Shh! Lord Gale is sleeping.” Butler Olsen hushed to the visitor. “What did you need from him?”

“I’m only a messenger boy sent by his highness, King Troy. He requests an urgent audience with Lord Gale first thing in the morning.”

“Alright, will do. I will pass the notice to Lord Gale, but please he is extremely tired from today’s plans. So if you may?”

“Alright. But before I go, Duke Posolain wants his Lordship to read this letter.” The messenger took a blank white envelope with an official red stamp out of his bag. He held it in front of him.

“Well alright.” Butler Olsen said, plucking the envelope from the boy’s hands lightly. He stared at the envelope questioning its contents.

“Do you know what this letter is about?” The messenger nodded sadly. “Sadly, I do not. It seems to be a private matter between the Duke and his Lordship.”

“Of course, I understand.” Said Butler Olsen. “Thank you very much for the message.” “My pleasure. Good day.”

Butler Olsen strolled through the corridors of the large manor quickly making his way to the kitchen to eat his supper with the other hired help. Delectable mouth-watering aromas of toasted wheat loaf bread, sweet blueberry and apple pies, and red bell pepper corn soup filled the air. It seemed the other workers were in a rush to gobble the bits of food and what little was left of it if he would be lucky if he was even spared a few droplets of soup and half-bitten apples. When he got there he spotted five of his fellow workers: Martha the Washer, Franklin the Cook, Dolores the Maid, and Peter the Lackey. Martha and Franklin babbled about various pieces of news they heard from locals and visitors nearby in the city of Kaslow, where they often visited to restock cleaning and cooking supplies. Peter bolstered on about his encounters and “friendships” with the other Kaslow knights, White Knight Brigade, to Dolores who nodded fascinated and trying her best to keep up with the conversation. It became apparent to Butler Olsen that he also had a few stories of his own that could be seen as noble and heroic. At least, in the eyes of Lord Gale, he thought. As he arrived at the kitchen he pulled out a sturdy wood stool. The others made note of his presence.

"Oh hey there Olsen!"

"Why hello." Butler Olsen poured soup into his porcelain bowl.

"So did you hear what happened at the Kaslow Council Meeting today?" Martha chimed.

"No, I haven't." He said, carefully selecting his tone of voice to make it seem like he wasn't interested, when he really was.

"Well you know it seems that the Ilyian Council and Kaslow Council have made a land contract to improve city relations between the two factions."

"That isn't surprising. So what piece of land will be in this land contract?" Butler Olsen asked.

"I heard that it is the land on the far left side of Belcar Plateau." Everyone stopped eating and looked at Martha. It seemed that everyone went from mildly interested to eager.

"But that is important land to Kaslow history. Surely King Troy knows this?" Franklin asked.

"Indeed he does." said Martha.

"But rather than use the land as a trade outpost he wants to build a living quarters for guardsman in the nearby watch outpost in Belcar Plateau."

"Wow...He will have his hands quite full I'm sure." Peter said.

Martha continued.

"King Troy is a busy man so he decided to entrust the building opportunity to one of the Lords in the royal family. " Everyone asked in sync.

"Which would be?" Martha chuckled.

"Why our very own Lordship! Lord Gale himself!"

Everyone picked up their mugs and rejoiced.

“Well it seems I came at a good time.” Lord Gale leaned on the doorway and smiled ceremoniously. His figure was so tall that he nearly hit his head atop the doorway. Lord Gale always makes note of the buildings and remodels them to his convenience. Peter stood on his chair.

“My Lordship, congratulations!” Peter squealed like jelly rabbit. After a few minutes of excitement Peter was the only one still cheering. No one was strong enough to break it to him that it wasn’t that big of a deal.

“Thank you, Peter.” Lord Gale scoffed.

[i]“Please sit down it isn’t so much to get excited about.”

Peter didn’t stop.

“Nothing? Of all King Troy’s lords he picked our young Lord Gale, one of the most highly respected in the Kaslow Council and well received among Ilyians and Jaleans over all of Saphael. You are the only member that qualifies perfectly.”

Everyone grinned widely this time agreeing with Peter, who was starting to get wound up in his fantasies of Lord Gale.

“Ah our Lordship…why the very land he walks on turns from dirt to gold. His hair shimmers beautifully in the moonlight…a golden beam of light shines down on the path he walks on like a God---” Before Peter continued to sputter anymore nonsense, Lord Gale kindly interrupted with news of his own.

“I don’t need to have a party or anything fanciful.” He smiled.

“But what I want is to take all of you out to choose what gift you would like to have. That is my celebration.”

Everyone applauded and looked at Lord Gale with wide puppy like eyes.

“You are too kind, Lord Gale.” His loud laughter boomed throughout the room, his sweet silky smooth voice was deep and full.

“And so adorable too!” chimed Peter.

The night ended in a gathering of hearty laughter, light jokes, and a surprisingly scrumptious meal. Butler Olsen and the other help cleaned up the kitchen and headed to their bedrooms after they were dismissed by Lord Gale.

Gale sat at the foot of his luxurious red and gold king sized bed staring at the window. His chin was propped up against his fist and he felt himself escape into deep thought. The moonlight shone against his curly dark black hair.

"I never thought to say it to everyone but I'm not in the slightest proud of receiving the job to build in Belcar Plateau. Even if it is his royal highness, King Troy, that selected me himself despite council or not...this is not ordinary land to be traded among the councils at free will."

His forehead began to crease in anxiety as he thought more and more of the situation.

"I will make sure that there is little interference between the soldiers, raptors and apes.

He woke up suddenly startled. His sweat trickled down his chin, tears leaking out his eyes. His fists were bundled up in his bed sheets. His breathing was unsteady. A nightmare had befallen him.
Advertisement

neckling

Rank 0
neckling
PostedAug 29, 2011 11:43 pm
I really like this. *-* I hope you continue! :'3

lavernamoon

Rank 0
lavernamoon
PostedSep 03, 2011 4:39 pm
Thank you I will. Smile Since it is the weekend I figure I'll begin brainstorming by listening to various music. ^-^ I'll try my best to make a good story.

lavernamoon

Rank 0
lavernamoon
PostedSep 06, 2011 7:58 pm
I don't know what mood I should take this story to because I'm confused whether I should make it light hearted or more serious. I'm often confused. I don't want to end up erasing my story because of my confusion.

NinjaOnTop

Rank 0
NinjaOnTop
PostedSep 10, 2011 4:26 pm
Ohh this is pretty interesting... didnt know there was fanfiction about GF too xD

Hope you continue writing ^^

Sakura10Sands

Rank 0
Sakura10Sands
PostedSep 17, 2012 8:24 pm
Just realised u are talente writer love all ur writings Very Happy keep on that