hatore

Rank 1
hatore
PostedAug 10, 2011 3:41 am
I like this system and when I get home from work I shall be looking at it more carefully. My current thought is that we should be judging based on how long it should take the average person to acquire enough points to get certain items, not the actual price of it for now since other ways to get these coins will be coming in game.
For starters...and this is assuming if you buy only that one item

-Random dyes oughta be gettable once a day for the average person. (I do hope you put in all the colours for the sake of everyone at some point!)

I shall edit this post later. Thank you for reading.

Bored and bitter graphic designer at your service.
Advertisement

daawitko

Rank 0
PostedAug 10, 2011 6:17 am

make it live not fix price
in my oppinion best for this purpose is to make the pricing autoballanced (live) means the price depends on how favorite the item is... so the trash items will drop on cost and the most liked will grow on cost...

Luminous85

Rank 0
Luminous85
PostedAug 10, 2011 9:23 am
Some Monkey pointed his finger this way...

"original post from another thread"

Good idea, bad usage...

1 - Because it requires you to be online constantly...

2 - I don't think anyone would really keep their computers on 24/7... it would dramatically reduce your computer's life...

3 - Also, not everyone can be on at all time... some people can only come on at limited time, so it'll be very tough for them to gather up the coins...
Like for people that go to school or have work... what to do? bring a laptop to school and open it up while in class? (will get confiscated), open the game during work... boss will probably end up firing you for it.
Keeping it open at home doesn't work either... because unless you're a Bot... you can't be there to click on the NPC to get the coin chests...

4 - And the coins every 2 hours... gave way too little, I mean I got 2 coin every 2 hours... >_<

5 - it only contains non-popular items, except for the jewel and dye

6 - to make it better... keep the same 2 hours, but let the NPC give more coin and add in actually popular items such as Eden Crystals (NT), Fashion (NT), etc...

All you needed to do is kept it as how it is currently... every thing you buy from the Eternal Shop is non-trade able, thus it doesn't matter if someone is able to keep online for a long period of time to gather bunch of coins to buy Eternal Shop stuff... because they can't sell it anyways to inflate the economy.

Forsaken World have a similar system, it requires you to stay online and click on divination to get stuff every once in a while (cooldown gets longer and longer the more you click on it...)
Bad thing is... all items you get from that system is time limited...
Which is the reason why I left that game and come to this game instead.
Well, I was at Vindictus first, but since the "totem swinging guy" came out too later... I already left the game.

Right now I am still trying out Dragon Nest while attempting to play this game... but the "timer stops when offline" gets me >_<... cause opening up 2 games at a time on a laptop overheats.....

Currently not playing much GF, trying to catch up on my Manga and Anime. ~~~~~

luffy3san

Rank 1
luffy3san
PostedAug 10, 2011 10:39 am
only issue i have with this is the 2 hour cd and it doesn't go down while players are offline. maybe lower the cd or raise the amount of coins per hour...

ra82064

Rank 2
ra82064
PostedAug 10, 2011 9:10 pm
giving 2 coins every 2 hours isnt a good idea people will complain to no end and start spamming rage posts about it so either start going up 1 coin(by which i mean 2+1 every hour)or not it might be a bad idea

tragicmat1

Rank 0
tragicmat1
PostedAug 10, 2011 10:32 pm
I don't really think the time to get more coins should be shortened. I mean, it's annoying enough to travel to Aven every two hours to get a chest. But to cut that time in half? Bleh.

As for pricing suggestions, perhaps a hour to hour exp boost would work out.

Auric Jewl=7 Day worth of Bonus Exp.

Let's go with playing an average of 10 hours a day (this includes afk time seeing as that count towards getting more coins). So 10 hours a day for 7 days would be 70 hours. In this case, I think 70 coins would be pretty fair. Any lower, there won't be a single player playing online anymore that doesn't have an Auric Jewel on.

Exp Charm I think about 8-10 coins would be good. One day= One exp charm.

World Calls... Will people actually buy these? o,o Maybe in Emergencies... So one coin o,o

As for what to add to the shop, you should add a mount for like 599 coins. Razz Makes people save up coins, wanting to use them, but also wanting to save for mount. It's brilliant Smile

Blade.HJ1

Tfin

Rank 0
Tfin
PostedAug 10, 2011 11:26 pm
As it stands, there is nothing in the shop that want, certainly nothing I want enough to be there every 2 hours and stay online all the time.

They exp jewels are almost good, but I've been selling the ones I get, and these can't even be sold. (Why I sell them is a subject for a separate discussion.)

desufin

Rank 0
PostedAug 10, 2011 11:53 pm
Considering that there will be more ways to attain the currency for this store eventually as well as more content in the store, I think this thread is kinda too early to make fair suggestions.

It's nice to see that you want feedback on it, but the feedback you are getting is horribly tilted because of the lack of ways to gain coins right now and you said it yourself in the first post, prices too high or too low will only be harmful (admittedly given by how horrible fortune bags are I don't think too low can be harmful to make up for it... just saying) in the long run.

That said, I do hope the content in this shop will include more than just consumables eventually!

firedale2002

Rank 4
firedale2002
PostedAug 11, 2011 4:06 am
So far, I've only discovered one of the secret ways to gain EP. Using that, if you played 24 hours straight, getting the chest as soon as the cooldown was finished, you could get 30 EP a day.

If you played for 12 hours as some do, you could get 18 EP.
If you played for 8 hours as some do, you could get 14 EP.
If you played for 4 hours as some do, you could get 10 EP.
If you only played 2 hours as some do, you could still get 8 EP a day.

Again, that's just with one of the secondary ways of gaining the EP. When you consider those numbers, hopefully it'll help with better estimating what should be charged for things.

One example, just based on this, the 7 Day Iris Jewel in the IM is 399 AP. That's about 4.00 USD for people that actually use AP.
The 7 Day Iris Jewel in the ES, since it's pretty much like getting 'free AP' simply for playing the game, it shouldn't take more than 14 days playing the minimum of 2 hours a day to get enough points to purchase the 7 Day Iris Jewel (which lasts a week). So 8x14= 112 EP. The Iris Jewel shouldn't cost more than 112 EP in my own opinion. This way, people that play extremely casually can still get it eventually, while people that play constantly would still take about 4 days to earn it. It seems balanced to me in my head, but that doesn't mean it's actually balanced.

If there are other ways beyond the two that I know of to gain EP, then of course, the prices can go up some because there will be ways to get more than 8-30 EP a day.

Tfin

Rank 0
Tfin
PostedAug 11, 2011 7:22 am
firedale2002 wrote:
So far, I've only discovered one of the secret ways to gain EP. Using that... Again, that's just with one of the secondary ways of gaining the EP. When you consider those numbers... If there are other ways beyond the two that I know of....  

How about if no one tells you, the way you just told no one?