Author Message

AndoSky

Aeria: Product Manager
AndoSky
Joined
05 Sep 2007
Posts
6117
Location
United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:28 pm
Liddokun wrote:
It won't be top guild holding on their territory forever because the defender (1 guild) would have to defend against everyone else in the entire server hoping to knock them off the throne. The defending NPCs are not a push over either as they are raid level NPC with huge amount of HP. Attackers have to work together to conquer the crystals and the guardians protecting it on top of the defending guild. This is an exciting new feature because everyone who attends get rewarded for their efforts (thru the daily pvp quest reward) so not only the winner (but the winners get rewarded more, of course). You can buy very nice blueprints and use the war stones to make very nice items as reward (as for what exactly is in the blueprints you will find out soon enough ^_~ *build suspense*). Also you can exchange war stones for "interesting items".  

Thanks for explaining Smile

Advertisement

Moon_Phase

Rank 2
Moon_Phase
Joined
05 Sep 2008
Posts
662
Location
Nanticoke United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:44 pm
Cunnington wrote:
Moon_Phase wrote:


Yep, in a nutshell. Basically, the guilds who exploited venin the most will hands down win, because they'll have the gold to upgrade all the equipment to +10, so you'll get one or two people being able to take on 20 or so lesser geared players. Basically, the PvP system is immediately flawed and bias, the only saving grace is that it isn't forced on you. But I expect a huge amount of elitism to come from this, and honestly ~ this game right now could do with far less of that.  


Please stop being ridiculous.

First: If someone did enough venin to actually afford to +10 anything thats a feat within itself Seeing as thats hours upon hours of grinding the dungeon. You are berating someone for putting forth effort to better themselves.

Second: The players that have +10 to begin with are likely also interested in pvp. They are the ones helping keeping servers up. Yeah other pvpers probably laugh and scoff at them for wasting money on a free game, but in reality they still are the ones keeping the game alive.

Third: Stop making groundless theories stating a player will be able to be a lesser gear player. If the opposing players are both drastically undergeared AND under leveled it may be possible for a player to kill many of his opponents. However the average player of equal skill and level still has a decent chance to defeating an opponent of greater gear in this game. Do not misunderstand having multiple +10 does give you a clear advantage but does not equal insta win. You would have known this given you attempted pvp before bashing it.

Fourth: Someone people enjoy competitions. Some develop enlarged egos or become elitist as you say. Yeah welcome to the world. You must seriously not pay attention to any form of competition if you are complaining about that. Honestly complaining about that is as futile as complaining that the sun is only up for half the day.

Finally: If its not being imposed upon you. Why are you even complaining?  


Is really worth me posting a counter-post to this? And wasting my time, probably not.

Who am I? I'm no one -- But I fight against tyranny and against so-called White Knights. I'm for fairness and equality for all - What do you stand for?

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
Joined
21 Sep 2007
Posts
4107
Location
Orlando, FL United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:52 pm
*community whines about no PvP content*

*PvP content is implemented*

*community whines about content*

Good lord, people.

Link5549

Rank 2
Link5549
Joined
25 May 2010
Posts
796
Location
Under a bridge United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 4:20 pm
Lol, I dont see any 1 guild holding on to an area for more than a week. The defenders are 1 guild and some NPCs vs. everybody else? Lol, and what if that 1 guild has like 5 people online at the time of the invasion xD?

So people need to stop QQing about "omg 1 guild gonna own all da areas"

KagamiHiiragi2

Rank 0
KagamiHiiragi2
Joined
29 Jul 2011
Posts
68
Location
United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 4:21 pm
 
Fourth: Someone people enjoy competitions. Some develop enlarged egos or become elitist as you say. Yeah welcome to the world. You must seriously not pay attention to any form of competition if you are complaining about that. Honestly complaining about that is as futile as complaining that the sun is only up for half the day.  


I'm largely competitive by nature and I have a "want to win" attitude. But I don't project an ego on other people nor do I drop insults to people.

Just feels unnecessary to act this way to be honest and it does tend to downgrade the enjoyment of a game if the community has a great deal of people who project their egos on others. So welcome to the world.

fantasykristal

Rank 1
fantasykristal
Joined
25 Jul 2008
Posts
383
Location
Katy, Texas United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Liddokun wrote:
It won't be top guild holding on their territory forever because the defender (1 guild) would have to defend against everyone else in the entire server hoping to knock them off the throne. The defending NPCs are not a push over either as they are raid level NPC with huge amount of HP. Attackers have to work together to conquer the crystals and the guardians protecting it on top of the defending guild. This is an exciting new feature because everyone who attends get rewarded for their efforts (thru the daily pvp quest reward) so not only the winner (but the winners get rewarded more, of course). You can buy very nice blueprints and use the war stones to make very nice items as reward (as for what exactly is in the blueprints you will find out soon enough ^_~ *build suspense*). Also you can exchange war stones for "interesting items".  


cant wait to see how thats gonna work =D

tryharder11

Rank 0
Joined
08 Aug 2011
Posts
33
Location
United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 5:22 pm
Sounds like a chore.

Armandmtl

Rank 0
Joined
07 Jul 2011
Posts
167
Location
Toronto Canada
PostedAug 09, 2011 6:12 pm
Liddokun wrote:
It won't be top guild holding on their territory forever because the defender (1 guild) would have to defend against everyone else in the entire server hoping to knock them off the throne. The defending NPCs are not a push over either as they are raid level NPC with huge amount of HP. Attackers have to work together to conquer the crystals and the guardians protecting it on top of the defending guild. This is an exciting new feature because everyone who attends get rewarded for their efforts (thru the daily pvp quest reward) so not only the winner (but the winners get rewarded more, of course). You can buy very nice blueprints and use the war stones to make very nice items as reward (as for what exactly is in the blueprints you will find out soon enough ^_~ *build suspense*). Also you can exchange war stones for "interesting items".  


Well that makes this a lot more appealing.

tryharder11

Rank 0
Joined
08 Aug 2011
Posts
33
Location
United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 6:21 pm
Armandmtl wrote:
Liddokun wrote:
It won't be top guild holding on their territory forever because the defender (1 guild) would have to defend against everyone else in the entire server hoping to knock them off the throne. The defending NPCs are not a push over either as they are raid level NPC with huge amount of HP. Attackers have to work together to conquer the crystals and the guardians protecting it on top of the defending guild. This is an exciting new feature because everyone who attends get rewarded for their efforts (thru the daily pvp quest reward) so not only the winner (but the winners get rewarded more, of course). You can buy very nice blueprints and use the war stones to make very nice items as reward (as for what exactly is in the blueprints you will find out soon enough ^_~ *build suspense*). Also you can exchange war stones for "interesting items".  


Well that makes this a lot more appealing.  


So it's going to cycle between 2 or 3 guilds, the worst part being those 2 or 3 guilds are going to want you to show up to every one. So it's either join one of those guilds and be competitive to enjoy the game by trading in the freedom of doing what you want.

Armandmtl

Rank 0
Joined
07 Jul 2011
Posts
167
Location
Toronto Canada
PostedAug 09, 2011 6:48 pm
tryharder11 wrote:
Armandmtl wrote:
Liddokun wrote:
It won't be top guild holding on their territory forever because the defender (1 guild) would have to defend against everyone else in the entire server hoping to knock them off the throne. The defending NPCs are not a push over either as they are raid level NPC with huge amount of HP. Attackers have to work together to conquer the crystals and the guardians protecting it on top of the defending guild. This is an exciting new feature because everyone who attends get rewarded for their efforts (thru the daily pvp quest reward) so not only the winner (but the winners get rewarded more, of course). You can buy very nice blueprints and use the war stones to make very nice items as reward (as for what exactly is in the blueprints you will find out soon enough ^_~ *build suspense*). Also you can exchange war stones for "interesting items".  


Well that makes this a lot more appealing.  


So it's going to cycle between 2 or 3 guilds, the worst part being those 2 or 3 guilds are going to want you to show up to every one. So it's either join one of those guilds and be competitive to enjoy the game by trading in the freedom of doing what you want.  


Can't have it all man.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: