Author Message

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
Joined
07 Nov 2009
Posts
3887
Location
Rosemount United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 11:02 am
smil3ypoo wrote:
will the territory wars apply to the new maps as well?  


what new maps? owait...
Advertisement

BigNakedBob32

Rank 4
BigNakedBob32
Joined
17 Apr 2009
Posts
1992
Location
United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 11:02 am
smil3ypoo wrote:
will the territory wars apply to the new maps as well?  


The schedule only goes up to Arid Wilds, so I'd have to assume that it ends there at least for now.

Lucentos

Rank 0
Joined
27 Nov 2010
Posts
47
Location
Nevograd Russia
PostedAug 09, 2011 11:45 am
I`m have concern about gold upkeep to be effective in Territory wars - will be Territory wars be longwaited major goldsinker and allow to held prices a bit lower for a bit more time?

Moon_Phase

Rank 2
Moon_Phase
Joined
05 Sep 2008
Posts
662
Location
Nanticoke United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 1:19 pm
MeiuAngel wrote:
Wait, guild war rewards can be used to get Eden Crystals? And blueprints for weapons?

X-Legend gives PvPers/PvP guilds an unfair advantage again, what a surprise -_-
Why can't there be a way to get Eden Crystals from PvE if there is one for PvP?

No point in competing unless your guild is one of the top 10, I imagine, you'd probably get slaughtered. So all the rewards will go to a small group on each server - again, unsurprising.
But some people will get some fun out of it, so I suppose it's a good update in that way, at least.

Also, you shouldn't be surprised the times are bad for the EU. They usually are on any game that isn't hosted by a European company xD  


Yep, in a nutshell. Basically, the guilds who exploited venin the most will hands down win, because they'll have the gold to upgrade all the equipment to +10, so you'll get one or two people being able to take on 20 or so lesser geared players. Basically, the PvP system is immediately flawed and bias, the only saving grace is that it isn't forced on you. But I expect a huge amount of elitism to come from this, and honestly ~ this game right now could do with far less of that.

Who am I? I'm no one -- But I fight against tyranny and against so-called White Knights. I'm for fairness and equality for all - What do you stand for?

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
Joined
07 Nov 2009
Posts
3887
Location
Rosemount United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 1:26 pm
This game should have just left out PvP, and just let other games, PvP in PvE games = QQ

hack742

Rank 1
hack742
Joined
03 Dec 2010
Posts
228
Location
tactown United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 1:33 pm
The one thing i like about this schedule is that it works for almost every1, and it creates a way of friendly competition with guilds, I say good luck to all those who go for the goal of capturing territories

CherryMX

Rank 1
CherryMX
Joined
17 May 2011
Posts
226
Location
Funkytown United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 2:03 pm
MeiuAngel wrote:
Wait, guild war rewards can be used to get Eden Crystals? And blueprints for weapons?  


By the sound of it, the blueprints aren't purchased via war stone means. They only require them to craft.
Of which also, the blueprints are exclusively fame-locked items and one or two unique accessories.

 
X-Legend gives PvPers/PvP guilds an unfair advantage again, what a surprise -_-
Why can't there be a way to get Eden Crystals from PvE if there is one for PvP?  


.... Seriously?
There is. You know those Hero rankings? Top 20 will all receive Eden Crystals.
Oh, you mean why isn't there a PVE method that didn't require actually doing work? Yeah uh, tough luck.


Moon_Phase wrote:
Yep, in a nutshell. Basically, the guilds who exploited venin the most will hands down win, because they'll have the gold to upgrade all the equipment to +10  


wat
Mental note: Entering a dungeon for any reason except doing it for your main quest or to do the GQ once every 20 minutes is exploiting.

 
so you'll get one or two people being able to take on 20 or so lesser geared players  


Nope.

 
Basically, the PvP system is immediately flawed and bias, the only saving grace is that it isn't forced on you. But I expect a huge amount of elitism to come from this, and honestly ~ this game right now could do with far less of that.  


Would you like some cheese with that whine?
If you don't like something, ignore it. All that really comes out of this system is the ability to make yellows of famelocked weapons. And, really, those won't make much of any difference in PVE at all. PVP? Yeah, maybe. But... if you're interested in PVP you're interested in this, so it's clear you're not so it has no real effect on you.

BlueDude50 wrote:
This game should have just left out PvP, and just let other games, PvP in PvE games = QQ  


The only people I see "QQ'ing" are the people who this won't effect, they're only complaining because some people will have the ability to gain some items they can't for putting out more effort than they are. Which... Yeah, that's just stupid.
Also, not releasing PVP would ultimately outright kill the game. A large, large bulk of people who drive IM sales are the ones interested in PVP. Remove that and they no longer push said sales. And an even larger chunk of the community just plainly wouldn't even play the game.
And then you get people QQ'ing about people ninja'ing worthless trophies that do stupidly inane/bad things that are "lolsorandum xD" and how people keep killing world bosses before they can.

Liddokun

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Liddokun
Joined
22 Feb 2008
Posts
3141
Location
San Francisco United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 2:36 pm
It won't be top guild holding on their territory forever because the defender (1 guild) would have to defend against everyone else in the entire server hoping to knock them off the throne. The defending NPCs are not a push over either as they are raid level NPC with huge amount of HP. Attackers have to work together to conquer the crystals and the guardians protecting it on top of the defending guild. This is an exciting new feature because everyone who attends get rewarded for their efforts (thru the daily pvp quest reward) so not only the winner (but the winners get rewarded more, of course). You can buy very nice blueprints and use the war stones to make very nice items as reward (as for what exactly is in the blueprints you will find out soon enough ^_~ *build suspense*). Also you can exchange war stones for "interesting items".

Cunnington

Rank 0
Joined
14 Jun 2011
Posts
68
Location
United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 2:49 pm
Moon_Phase wrote:


Yep, in a nutshell. Basically, the guilds who exploited venin the most will hands down win, because they'll have the gold to upgrade all the equipment to +10, so you'll get one or two people being able to take on 20 or so lesser geared players. Basically, the PvP system is immediately flawed and bias, the only saving grace is that it isn't forced on you. But I expect a huge amount of elitism to come from this, and honestly ~ this game right now could do with far less of that.  


Please stop being ridiculous.

First: If someone did enough venin to actually afford to +10 anything thats a feat within itself Seeing as thats hours upon hours of grinding the dungeon. You are berating someone for putting forth effort to better themselves.

Second: The players that have +10 to begin with are likely also interested in pvp. They are the ones helping keeping servers up. Yeah other pvpers probably laugh and scoff at them for wasting money on a free game, but in reality they still are the ones keeping the game alive.

Third: Stop making groundless theories stating a player will be able to be a lesser gear player. If the opposing players are both drastically undergeared AND under leveled it may be possible for a player to kill many of his opponents. However the average player of equal skill and level still has a decent chance to defeating an opponent of greater gear in this game. Do not misunderstand having multiple +10 does give you a clear advantage but does not equal insta win. You would have known this given you attempted pvp before bashing it.

Fourth: Someone people enjoy competitions. Some develop enlarged egos or become elitist as you say. Yeah welcome to the world. You must seriously not pay attention to any form of competition if you are complaining about that. Honestly complaining about that is as futile as complaining that the sun is only up for half the day.

Finally: If its not being imposed upon you. Why are you even complaining?

nitesdreamer

Rank 0
Joined
08 Jun 2011
Posts
39
Location
United States
PostedAug 09, 2011 2:50 pm
As another poster pointed out, not too fond of the fact that this is mainly content for 45+ people, given the rewards and the effort needed to push. I expect to see most people that aren't 50 be range characters.

But loving the fact its 1 vs all though. Really, can a single level 50 handle 10 level 30~40's?

Am also very happy this will promote indirect guild loyalty by getting people to do 200 fame. Gonna suck for the casual guilds wanting to try and participate, but yea, gonna see a lot of the top guilds easily do this, given probably stringent requirements on donations and fame requirements to show "activity" and "loyalty".
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: