Siraam

Rank 0
Siraam
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:30 am
AndoSky wrote:

I think these were probably the default times provided to us. Looks like we'll need to figure out times that work better for more people, though I think it's too late to make changes before Tuesday's patch.

Sorry about that :/  

As long as you're aware of the problem and are doing something to fix it, we can still be friends.

Advertisement

AndoSky

Aeria: Product Manager
AndoSky
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:37 am
Armandmtl81 wrote:
The only way a powerhouse guild would ever lose a territory is if they had to defend more than 1 at a time, or if the power base itself shifted to another guild. Maybe if some people get creative, we may see the birth of alliances.

It could be interesting after all.  

We are getting the updated version of Territory Wars which I believe was modified with this in mind.

MageLord

Rank 1
MageLord
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:45 am
AndoSky wrote:
Armandmtl81 wrote:
The only way a powerhouse guild would ever lose a territory is if they had to defend more than 1 at a time, or if the power base itself shifted to another guild. Maybe if some people get creative, we may see the birth of alliances.

We are getting the updated version of Territory Wars which I believe was modified with this in mind.  

Would you be able to tell us anything thats been modified?

Siraam

Rank 0
Siraam
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:47 am
Armandmtl81 wrote:

AndoSky wrote:

Isn't the whole point of being a "powerhouse guild" to be able to assert your authority? Controlling vast amounts of territory is the most obvious manifestation of a guild's power. In my opinion, (which you're welcome to disagree with) each guild should be able to control whatever they can take. Invoking any sort of handicap (in favor of weaker guilds) would upset the entire status quo.

As Armadmtl said, alliances have potential to overtake any dominant guild. I think forcing people to work together to defeat the top groups is vastly preferable to simply modifying numbers in order to give the weaker side a chance.

warchefray

Rank 0
PostedAug 09, 2011 3:49 am

Territory Alliances

warrrhhhhh????
There should be multiple guilds be able to attack/defend at the same time BUT have a lvl cap sort of thing.

e.g. say if im lvl 30 vsing a lvl 40 char (what ever job class it is, say warrior) surely lvl 30 would die then respawn, but then that lvl 40 gets killed by another attacking guild team.. now thats so funny but then the defending guild get its lvl 50's ppl out and camps at the attacking spawn.. so silly.

so what i think should happen is have a handycap for levels and such, this can be a buff:

e.g. lvl 30 warrior (30C,30J) has a handycap buff making the person get a certain percent increase of attk and defence. but a lvl 50 has a less of a percentage (or none if its at the lvl cap) this will probably even the playing feild, leveling the complaints Very Happy.

Good luck guys good work.... hurry up and get da frogs...

Eden Eternal: Warchefray: planning to keep for Storage/Sell but will delete eventually FantasySlice: Main Character, planning to be a Ranger/Samurai Will have a 3rd char for tank or if a new set of classes come out. http://fantasychef.wordpress.com/

CherryMX

Rank 1
CherryMX
PostedAug 09, 2011 4:37 am

Re: Territory Alliances

warrrhhhhh????
warchefray wrote:
e.g. lvl 30 warrior (30C,30J) has a handycap buff making the person get a certain percent increase of attk and defence. but a lvl 50 has a less of a percentage (or none if its at the lvl cap) this will probably even the playing feild, leveling the complaints Very Happy.  

The "best" reward out of this is being able to craft blueprints for yellows of the 50 series of famelocked weapons.
What does a level 30 or 40 need these for? They don't.

If you want to participate, level for it. It's not that hard.

Also, I might be alone, but I'm pretty ok with the schedule for this. During the week a lot of people work or have classes, 9pm might be kind of "late" but it's also pretty close to peak hours.

Anyway, inb4 servers overload and the area crashes from too many players.

Siraam

Rank 0
Siraam
PostedAug 09, 2011 4:49 am

Re: Territory Alliances

warrrhhhhh????
CherryMX wrote:

Anyway, inb4 servers overload and the area crashes from too many players.  

I'm fairly certain that there will be a cap to how many people are allowed on each side of a "battleground". My guess it between 50 and 100.

dipcihino

Rank 0
PostedAug 09, 2011 6:03 am
Siraam wrote:
w000h444 wrote:
AEG loves EU players huh?!

Converted Times for European Players (CEST currently GMT+2)

•Limestone Mountain Battle - Monday 03:00 (3:00 AM)
•Tranquil Hill Battle - Tuesday 03:00 (3:00 AM)
•Rainbowfalls Battle - Wednesday 03:00 (3:00 AM)
•Goss Mountain Battle - Thursday 03:00 (3:00 AM)
•Beluga Bay Battle - Friday 03:00 (3:00 AM)
•Wetlands Battle - Saturday 19:30 (7:30 PM)
•Valley of Kings Battle - Saturday 03:00 (3:00 AM)
•Aliva Volcano Battle - Sunday 19:30 (7:30 PM)
•Golden Plains Battle - Sunday 23:00 (11:00 PM)
•Arid Wilds Battle - Sunday 03:00 (3:00 AM)  

My thoughts exactly. I really like EE, but no enough to get up a THREE 'O FRIKKIN CLOCK IN THE MORNING.  

will u guys fix this issue

Siraam

Rank 0
Siraam
PostedAug 09, 2011 6:22 am
dipcihino wrote:

will u guys fix this issue  

Does this answer you question?

AndoSky wrote:

I think these were probably the default times provided to us. Looks like we'll need to figure out times that work better for more people, though I think it's too late to make changes before Tuesday's patch.

Sorry about that :/  

Lucentos

Rank 0
PostedAug 09, 2011 6:53 am
Will this battles involve only defending guild vs one attacking guild or there can be several attackers/defender allies?