mitchdickens

Rank 0
PostedAug 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Few questions about hunter if you wouldnt mind answering

im new to game and have been looking on forums for my answers but some posts are like 2 years old, so didnt want to trust them.

basically i have just unlocked um, and want to do it properly,

1. i was told to use jav ingame by some people instead of bow so i just wanted to clarify is this the best option?

2. i am getting plvl to 30 so to save stat reset shall i put all points into luc and then start adding dex once i reach 300 luc i can get more luc from gear etc?

3. is there any specific way i should be using my skill points? as i dont want to have to buy a skill reset.

and just to clarify i am interested in both pve and pvp
Advertisement

blahs444

Rank 3
blahs444
PostedAug 02, 2011 2:58 pm
1. Use bows, until you can afford flash rings, then a jav will be a good option.. ofc some people prefer javs over bows anyways..

2. Dont think about it per lvl, if you are going for 70 then you need 475 luc, 500 dex, and the rest into str...

3. Try reading this - Aes' Archer/Hunter Skill Guide (EP5)

justover6

Rank 0
justover6
PostedAug 03, 2011 12:21 pm
Before I start I want to put my answers into context. I'm only talking about 1-60. 61+ is a different ball game. The armor alone from 61+ without lapis can give you at least 200+ points in stats. Plus they have lv. 7 lapis now. That can make builds 2-3 times better then what they were and get rid of all the old weaknesses. So for 61+ you'll have to find someone else.

1. There isn't really a difference, unless you make one. I dual with bow and jav, now my jav has an attack power of 244-386 and my bow 143-217, and I find it easier to kill certain monsters with the jav then with the bow and vise versa.

Now if you take blahs444 advice and get the flash rings with enchantments and lapis, then the jav can topple the bow... normally. But I think flash rings are lv. 58 or 60.

2/3. 475 is good for the first 3 maps or if you're any other class but hunter, hunters need atleast 550 to 600 luc; it's not just for 95% crits (you can not get 100%) hunters also get attack power from luc unlike other class.

Your minimum (for pve and pvp) should be
luc 600
dex 300
str Everything else

To avoid a stat reset, I would lapis some 50+ armor and see how you can meet those minimums. Then play and after awhile change them as you see fit for survival.

blahs444

Rank 3
blahs444
PostedAug 03, 2011 1:37 pm
justover6 wrote:
Before I start I want to put my answers into context. I'm only talking about 1-60. 61+ is a different ball game. The armor alone from 61+ without lapis can give you at least 200+ points in stats. Plus they have lv. 7 lapis now. That can make builds 2-3 times better then what they were and get rid of all the old weaknesses. So for 61+ you'll have to find someone else.

1. There isn't really a difference, unless you make one. I dual with bow and jav, now my jav has an attack power of 244-386 and my bow 143-217, and I find it easier to kill certain monsters with the jav then with the bow and vise versa.

Now if you take blahs444 advice and get the flash rings with enchantments and lapis, then the jav can topple the bow... normally. But I think flash rings are lv. 58 or 60.

2/3. 475 is good for the first 3 maps or if you're any other class but hunter, hunters need atleast 550 to 600 luc; it's not just for 95% crits (you can not get 100%) hunters also get attack power from luc unlike other class.

luc 600
dex 300
str Everything else

To avoid a stat reset, I would lapis some 50+ armor and see how you can meet those minimums. Then play and after awhile change them as you see fit for survival.  

This is also good advice, and yes flash rings are lvl 58

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedAug 03, 2011 4:07 pm
justover6 wrote:

luc 600
dex 300
str Everything else

This is mostly very good advice Smile
The only quibble I have is that for PvP you need more dex.
There are people who you won't actually be able to hit with only 300 dex - I'd bump it up to at least 400.

RIP Kizzd

justover6

Rank 0
justover6
PostedAug 04, 2011 12:02 am
MerlinMcTav wrote:
justover6 wrote:

luc 600
dex 300
str Everything else

There are people who you won't actually be able to hit with only 300 dex - I'd bump it up to at least 400.  

^ Very true XD

kimberfan

Rank 4
kimberfan
PostedAug 04, 2011 8:25 pm
justover6 wrote:
MerlinMcTav wrote:
justover6 wrote:

luc 600
dex 300
str Everything else

^ Very true XD  

300-400dex is great for PVE and goddess pvp, but lvl 70 pvp you need atleast 700-800, i have 600atm and miss like a mad man.