1 (Poor)
43%240 Votes
Total Votes :: 553 Votes

wtsell2010

Rank 0
PostedJul 28, 2011 9:01 pm

spending money on a pc game

$$
Honestly, spending money on a pc game?? One thing is going to a store and buying a game for 50$, another diferent thing is spending 200$ monthly on something that weeks later has no value at all...weeks later? never has any value...pixels are worthless....imagine what you can do with 200$ , and to those who spend large quantities, imagine the holidays, maybe a motorbike, maybe other permanent game that you only spend money once!
During the time i played shaiya i saw people failing in university because of it...that makes me lol really...dont you have respect for your life? You are just being a looser. You guys keep complaining about the way aeria milks money from you, instead of complaining every month just quit the game and move on, thats the best thing you can do. You will never ever get your money back, face it, you spent it badly and now you have to live with the mistake. I never spent a cent and got pretty far in the game, i was top of my server in my class and i saw so many people spending loads of cash every day, every month...i felt so bad for them, until i realized its a disease, a modern society disease. Im sorry but it isnt aeria fault, they are just doing their job, they have to milk your money or else how would they pay their paychecks? gms must have a really low paycheck already and look at their job...must be horrible, being inside an office reading emails from tons of nerds complaining about stuff so ridiculous for mankind as a missing op hammer...i could just go on with more reasons but its pointless, play the game and acept the conditions or else just quit and do something useful with your life, because being in front of a pc wasting time to play a game as it was a "job" makes you a complete looser in life...
Advertisement

Knights101

Rank 0
Knights101
PostedJul 28, 2011 9:07 pm
u get a 4 Very Happy

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedJul 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: spending money on a pc game

$$
wtsell2010 wrote:
herp derp  

If you're so much better and more enlightened than the rest of the human race, what are you doing posting here?

Twit.

sixetynine

Rank 3
sixetynine
PostedJul 28, 2011 10:26 pm
4 cuz is my 2nd favorite number, other than that good job i would just like to see more updates in EE and MA.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedJul 28, 2011 10:39 pm
wtsell2010 wrote:
wall of text post  
Irrelevant post is irrelevant Neutral

hackafreak

Rank 5
hackafreak
PostedJul 28, 2011 11:53 pm
sixetynine wrote:
4 cuz is my 2nd favorite number, other than that good job i would just like to see more updates in EE and MA.  

2nd!?!?!

4 is the ultimate number O-0

The sun also rises.

Kishokinx

Rank 1
Kishokinx
PostedJul 29, 2011 12:35 am
I voted a 3 on Megaten.

Everything has been looking up since Stormshadow joined but $100 for AP items is...ridiculous. I don't see why but prices for previously dirt cheap items have raised quite a lot(50k for cup of twilight WTF?). All in all things are looking up people are actually doing something productive with their time online than randomly running/spinning around babel and trying to troll anyone that they feel like. Still..just fix the AP thing

Edit: Also fix YS blue D:

ApolloExo

Rank 0
PostedJul 29, 2011 2:47 am
I have played quite a few Aeria Games, and I can say they pretty much all turn out the same. It is a consistent formula designed as intended.

Most of the Aeria Games I have played basically start you out with beginners quests to level you up quickly or get you through some content fast. This is the hook. You get a neural high every time you level, saying to yourself, "Wow, this is great!" After this time of getting better you run into a small halt as levels and gear become slightly harder to get. You start to grind over and over. You have to keep grinding to get that same high you used to get. Sure, if this game was just a game you would have left days ago, maybe months, but you have made friends now. It's a sense of community. You don't want to leave. Next few people who use AP rise to the top getting that same high and leaving everyone else in the dust. You are faced with two choices, spend more than them to win and get that high, or be miserable. By this time you have already been hooked by the drug and crave it everyday. Then eventually you arrive at a point to where the drug has robbed you of so much you just leave, or you finish content and have no more challenges and leave.

From an Aeria stand point they like this formula. Each and every step they make money. When it first comes out people spend ludicrous amounts of money to get that slight edge and be the first to the top. When you get to the grind, people will pay just out of boredom to go faster, and at the end they just leave and make another game to restart the cycle. After all, this type of corporate behavior defines most MMOs in this generation of gaming. We as people don't do anything to stop it, nor do we economically enforce companies to make long-term playable material (although a few do go above and beyond to do so, only to find they made the same amount of money as the others). This is what people refer to as the "invisible hand". It is not because a certain tier of a corporation is evil and wants it this way, it is because this is what gets the money. No one specific person in Aeria chose this path, each person just wants to make a paycheck. Corporations are designed that way. One famous quote I can recall is, "Corporation: An ingenious device for obtaining profit without individual responsibility." ~Ambrose Bierce

A long time ago, a person told me about this theory she had. It was called the "half eaten candy bar theory." Basically her theory was that you go into a store see this shiny candy bar. Your allowance is 5 cents, the candy bar costs 10 cents. You then go beg your parents for more money which they give you. This makes the product more desirable because of cost. You bite into the candy bar and it tastes good. You take a second bite, it is okay your palette has acclimated. You take a third bite, it is awful! You can't return it, so what do you do? Do you throw it away? No! you spent 5 cents and had to beg for 5 cents more. You sit down and eat that candy bar. Each disgusting bit only providing inexorable agony.

1. Now you can get out if you want. That is probably the best thing. You can throw that candy bar away and it will haunt you no longer, maybe you would have learned a lesson. You may turn out happier that way. It's your life. Reclaim it!

2. There is also many other ways of dealing with this situation. You could try and support financially those who make games with great end game content instead of this one, though you will be hard pressed to find it.

3. You could just move on to the next game, hopping from one game to the next enjoying it as it's new. This is the action most do subconsciously without knowing it, and why the market has guided such games like this.

4. You could be bitter and eat that candy bar and stay in the game until you are forced to quit by real life or something happens to your group of friends, thus loosing the glue on the society. I would not recommend this, but hey your life.

5. Then there are the rebels who will continue to play these games, and do well (without paying money). Sure eventually their reign may end, but you can be proud of beating the people who spend thousands of dollars while you spent none. You incur a cost to Aeria whilest still contributing little to none of your own money. Let others pay for you. If anyone gloats to you about how "good" they are, you can think of them as feeding their ego. After all they didn't earn it, they paid for it. Hard, you could take this a step further and be vindictive. You could totally ignore people who spend money. Put them on mute. Don't hear a word they say. Act like they don't exist. Build a community of people who don't pay and keep all action within that community. You might hurt some payers though they be good people or not, but this may work to discourage people from paying.

In the end it's your choice. Your life, your wishes, your dreams, your hope. You get out from life what you are willing to pay for. I hope a few take the time to read this and get a message out of it if there is any to this rambling. Know why you make the choices you do, and change your actions according to what you want to achieve. Even games like these can teach you lessons you will keep forever.

If you agree, repost this. If you agree make an example. If you disagree, please do Smile This was designed to make you think, not agree.

kuchirukia

Rank 0
PostedJul 29, 2011 10:18 am
Very, very, very poor service.

The games are fun, but the service is horrible. I used to play DOMO and Grand Fantasia until I got banned for no apparent reason. I tried filing a ticket explaining my case but all I ever received were generic replies that didn't really seem to give a sh*t about the matter at hand. I was even accused of making false PayPal payments when I don't even have a PayPal account. WTF?

Now I heard about Eden Eternal and wanted to give it a try, but hesitated when I found out it's by Aeria Games once again. Well, I haven't been banned so far, but two of my in-real-life friends and fellow guildmates got BANNED for NO REASON at all. Again. (Random banning seems to be the trademark of Aeria Games, huh?)

We were guild boss hunting just the night before the maintenance and then the next morning, poof - banned. WTF. Filing a ticket doesn't even do anything. It's pointless. We can't even voice our concerns on the forums since we're not allowed to talk about banning issues. So where else can we seek help? Seriously - if they don't do something about this random banhammering issue then I and the rest of my guild will quit and swear to never touch any games by Aeria ever again.

munchkin14

Rank 0
munchkin14
PostedJul 29, 2011 11:18 am
You guys don't listen to the community unless it hurts your sales which is causing you guys to lose players that don't buy AP. Why should you care you wonder? The non AP buyers are important to the health of the game too, no game is fun anymore if only ubers are left because then everyone else is just cannon fodder. You're killing your golden goose.

Bubbles...