xymphony

Rank 2
xymphony
PostedJun 16, 2008 11:18 am   Last edited by xymphony on Oct 20, 2009 10:58 pm. Edited 15 times in total

Keyboard Shortcuts!

A newb's guide for shortcuts (and a reference for the rest of us!)
HUD Shortcuts:

k: abilities menu

this is where you lvl up your abilities

b:
pose/action menu

contains your poses (which are quite humorous) and actions such as attack closest enemy and pick up item

1~0: Use ability/item/pose

in the quickslot Drag abilities from your abilities menu to the quick slot and press the respective number to use ability. This works for inventory items as well (such as potions) and a particularly useful "ability" is the "pick up" action found in the "b" menu

Using two quickslots at once: After clicking the "+" on the quickslot, a second one will appear. These are controlled by the number pad. *Thanks to Althamus*

-/+: switch between your different quickslots

"shift" + [1~5]: Switch to that particular quickslot *thanks to tai_hen*

"Ctrl" + [1~5]: Switch to that particular sub-party. Only available in Union parties.

t: status menu

this is where you can see all of your stats from health to mana to INT and REC and the number of kills/deaths you have in PvP. Click the bar on the left side of this menu to use stat points

g: guilds menu

the first thing you will see is a list of people in the same guild as you. If you dont belong to a guild, you won't see anything! Click the side tabs to go into the respective lists (friends, parties, and the ever useful block for those gold spammers, etc.)

v: toggle minimap

now you see it, now you don't!

p: toggle quick slots

i: inventory

u: quest display

going into this menu and then click on one of your quests will also bring up the quest progress dialog box which tells you of your progress in your current quests
(note: quests displayed in green or have a green dot next to them means ongoing/incomplete, yellow means complete, just return the quest)

h: toggle character coordinates

your character's coordinate is displayed in the upper left hand corner of the screen

m: toggle full map

F1~F7: Auto target party members (since parties are limited to a max of 7 members)

When you are by yourself, F1 auto selects your character. When in a party, the F-keys select the member of the party that is listed at that particular spot (i.e. F3 would select the third person listed on the party list)

F8: Targets self

F9: Resets camera to a mid level zoom, behind character

F10: Changes between first and third person views

F11: Toggles HUD on/off

F12 (same as the Prt Scr/Sys Rq key on US keyboards): Screenshot

"F": After selecting a party member, press "F" to auto target the same target as he/she.

"~" or "¬" (depending on keyboard): Select nearest enemy (Repeated presses will select the next closest enemy) *thanks to Althamus*

o: options menu

Make Shaiya work for you!

"ESC": exit game menu

Brings up a box with a bunch of options (don't remember which ones Rolling Eyes ) but the main point of going here is to exit the game.

Movement

"tab": switch between walk and run

why would you ever walk??

q: walk to the left of the direction your character is currently facing

double tap for cartwheel to the left

w: hold to walk/run, double tap to continuously walk/run in the direction the camera is pointing

you can navigate this way by double tapping and then changing the camera angle to match the direction you want to go.

e: walk to the right of the direction your character is currently facing

double tap for cartwheel to the right

s:
walk backwards

double tap to back flip

a: rotates character to the left

d: rotates character to the right

"space": jump

left/right arrows: rotates camera respective to the arrow

type "/return" or "/town" in NORMAL chat to reset to the nearest town. You should probably look at the map to make sure the nearest town is the town that you actually want to go to.

Chat("_" denotes space)

"Enter": previous chosen chat channel

"Left Shift"+"Enter" (or type "$"_<message>): Trade Chat

"Right Shift" + "Enter" (or type "~"_<message>): Area Chat

"Ctrl"+"Enter"(or type "@"_<message>): Party Chat

"Alt"+"Enter"(or type "#"_<message>): Guild Chat

"Shift"+ z ("Shift+ y on non-US keyboards)(also "!"_<char name>_<message>:Whisper, capitalization counts

"/yelling_": Sends message to everyone on the same map as you in red colored text.

Other

/party_<character name>: Invites character to party, capitalization counts

/join_<character name>: Joins the Union party that the specified character is in. NOTE: the Union must be set on auto join for this to work.

/alert _<message> Sends an "alert" to the entire Union party, only available to Union leader and sub-leader.

"Ctrl" + "Esc": Returns to normal windows without exiting game.

"Pg Up"/"Pg Down": Zooms in and out, same as scroll wheel, very useful for those playing on laptops without mouse (or with mouse that doesn't have scroll wheel)

/defeat: Forfeits a 1 on 1 duel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Corrections and Additions thanks to:
Althamus
tai_hen
ryomitomo
nicloasjager
bloodfang
Theaitetos
sfossil
windharp
n3cr0m33p5
Theaitetos
and many others. Thank you all!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please add anything I missed!
Advertisement

tai_hen

Rank 0
tai_hen
PostedJun 16, 2008 12:24 pm
Shift + [1 to 5] switch to that number of quickslots

Elyel Oracle Elyee Pagan Elcia Assasin Ethereal Darkness

Althamus

Rank 5
Althamus
PostedJun 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts!

xymphony wrote:
1~0: Use ability/item/pose

in the quickslot Drag abilities from your abilities menu to the quick slot and press the respective number to use ability. This works for inventory items as well (such as potions) and a particularly useful "ability" is the "pick up" action found in the "b" menu  

If you click the plus arrow beside the quickslot list, you will open a second quickslot bar, which are activated by the number buttons on the numpad.

xymphony wrote:
a: changes camera angle to the left

d: changes camera angle to the right  

These will rotate the character left and right. If you want to rotate the camera, press the left and right arrow keys.
Incidently, up zooms in, and down out, and Home rotates the camera 180 degrees. The last one is incredibly useful.

The sub-skills as per the sub-skill menu (victory action, defeat action etc) can be activated by typing "/victory" and "/defeat" etc in the chat window in the same way as "/return"

There is a button on the keyboard allocated to selecting the nearest enemy within range. On my keyboard, its the button to the left of the 1, which is ¬. I've heard other people say it is the ~ key. Again, very useful for finding nearby mobs to attack.

xymphony

Rank 2
xymphony
PostedJun 16, 2008 5:03 pm

Thank you for the addidtions and corrections!

Thank you guys for going through my list and adding/correcting!

@Althamus: no offense, but I didn't really consider the /victory type commands to be "shortcuts". And on a more positive note, I was wondering what the shortcuts for the second quickslot were!

ryomitomo

Rank 2
ryomitomo
PostedJun 16, 2008 8:28 pm
F1-F7 for party member, since you can only have maximum of 7 players in a party.

You can display 2 quickslot bars on your screen. Keyboard 1-0 is for first quickslot bar. Numpad 1-0 is for second quickslot bar.

F: Target Assist. You use it by selecting the party member first then press F to auto target same mob he is attacking. Useful to prevent unnecessary aggro of mobs.

C: to switch between sitting down and standing. Sitting increases recovery rate of HP/MP/SP.

nicolasjager

Rank 0
nicolasjager
PostedJun 16, 2008 11:35 pm
Here's one that would have helped me a lot if I knew about it earlier:

If you open the options menu with "o" you can select "assaign macros." Then you can select what keys you want to activate the skills you put on your secondary skill hot-key bar. By default they are the number-pad keys but you can change them to be whatever you want.

Directions:. Suppose you want the key "x" to perform the skill "Aura of Peace." Click the "+" by your hot-key menu so it shows your second hot-key bar. Open your skill menu, and drag "Aura of Peace" to the first slot of your second hot-key bar. Go to options, assaign macros, select the entry for key 1 and change that from "number pad 1" to "x." Now pressing "x" will cast your Aura of Peace.

Some useful posts of mine in my profile.

bloodfang891

Rank 4
PostedJun 17, 2008 4:28 am

F1~F12: Auto target party members  

only F1~F7 select party members, F10 switches to first person view, F11 removes the hud, and F12 takes a screenshot, i dont know if F8 and F9 do anything

"the light of dawn"

FakeChiBlast

Rank 4
FakeChiBlast
PostedJun 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts!

This may help you.
First thing I did was switch around T - Sit/Stand to C - Character.
Most other games have C for character and was confused as to why this one didn't have it on by default.

xymphony wrote:

u: quest display

going into this menu and then click on one of your quests will also bring up the quest progress dialog box which tells you of your progress in your current quests
(note: quests displayed in green or have a green dot next to them means ongoing/incomplete, yellow means complete, just return the quest)  

I'm pretty sure BLUE means to return the quest.

Enchanced [20] spear, duals, two handed and staff. http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=434374

Theaitetos

Rank 5
PostedJun 17, 2008 4:27 pm
The different Chat channels can be accessed by:

Enter - previous chosen chat channel

Shift + Enter - Trade Chat

Ctrl + Enter - Party Chat

Alt + Enter - Guild Chat

Shift + Z - Whisper

sfossil

Rank 4
sfossil
PostedJun 18, 2008 3:15 am
Theaitetos wrote:
The different Chat channels can be accessed by:

Enter - previous chosen chat channel

Shift + Enter - Trade Chat

Ctrl + Enter - Party Chat

Alt + Enter - Guild Chat

Shift + Z - Whisper  

thanks, havent seen that before somewere. On a non-US keyboard wisper is Shift + Y Wink