basenjilover

Rank 0
basenjilover
PostedNov 03, 2012 11:43 am
Its been almost a month now since this has happened I think. I don't like the fact my account's are just sitting there inactive -_- makes me feel like AGE or nexon going to try and shut them down.....when it's their fault they are inactive in the 1st place >.>

TifaTheMaster UM Fighter/10WildMutt 70HM TankPriest (Anime-Teaos-AoL) Dilly Dally Shilly Shally
Advertisement

SunDrippedDevil

Rank 0
SunDrippedDevil
PostedNov 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Bootcamp Windows

The only way for now...
Guys, I'm sorry you're having this issue. I had it too. I made two threads about this, one of which was locked. Other people made a thread about my thread being locked and it got locked too.

So far, there has been neither a positive nor a helpful response from any GM.

The only solution that is available to you is to Bootcamp Windows onto a partition in your hard drive. Here is a VERY rough guide on how to do it in case you do not know how:

If you are still on Snow Leopard (10.6) you can get away with using Windows XP Service Pack 2. Don't bother with Vista as it is garbage.

If you are on Lion or Mountain Lion (10.7 and 10.Cool you can only use Windows 7 or 8.
I recommend 7 in this case. You need the Ultimate Edition with XP support to be able to run Shaiya.

You will also need either your Mac OS X installation disk (10.6) or the bootable USB (10.7 or 10.Cool. You can also try and download the Windows Support Drivers from Apple.

Once you have obtained the copy of Windows that you require, you will then have to use Boot Camp Assistant (under utilities) to create a partition for it to live in. This is sometimes easier said than done, as you need continuous space on your disk to do so. If Bootcamp says that it cannot partition your disk, then you have to get and run iDefrag to arrange your disk structure.

Once you have created the partition, Bootcamp will run the installer for you.

After windows is installed, you then have to insert your OS X Disk (10.6) or other media with your drivers on it to configure your hardware for Windows.

Then you can redownload and repatch Shaiya.

It is a fairly complex and lengthy process, but you can definitely find a clear how–to guide
by using Google.

Just remember, if you are still on Snow Leopard, then get Windows XP Service Pack 2.
If you are on Lion or Mountain Lion, then get Windows 7 Ultimate Edition which has XP support.

Good luck guys.

If you have any other questions then I will do my best to assist you.

SunDrippedDevil

Rank 0
SunDrippedDevil
PostedNov 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Note: Xybolt also offered an alternative

Also, Xybolt did offer a solution that works (Go back a few posts)

In my opinion, there is no point in virtualizing Windows when you can Bootcamp it for better performance.

Although, his/her solution is a lot simpler and less time consuming.

basenjilover

Rank 0
basenjilover
PostedNov 03, 2012 9:11 pm
And if you have nether of these items due to the fact the mac was bought for you? :O

TifaTheMaster UM Fighter/10WildMutt 70HM TankPriest (Anime-Teaos-AoL) Dilly Dally Shilly Shally

SunDrippedDevil

Rank 0
SunDrippedDevil
PostedNov 04, 2012 5:26 am
Check your messages...

basenjilover

Rank 0
basenjilover
PostedNov 04, 2012 6:08 pm
SunDrippedDevil wrote:
Check your messages...  

says you don't accept messages Shocked

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedNov 04, 2012 6:43 pm
basenjilover wrote:
makes me feel like AGE or nexon going to try and shut them down  
I don't think they shut them down until its 6 months + inactive, which hopefully there will be a solution by then.

SunDrippedDevil

Rank 0
SunDrippedDevil
PostedNov 04, 2012 9:31 pm
basenjilover wrote:
SunDrippedDevil wrote:
Check your messages...  

Yeah sorry, I've never been active on the forums since I've been playing (which is quite a long time). I checked my account settings and enabled private messages. Please try again.

Also, I do not know whether it is outdated information, but I don't think they disable accounts. This is because I quit playing the game for over a year. Don't take my word for it though.

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedNov 04, 2012 9:35 pm
SunDrippedDevil wrote:
basenjilover wrote:
SunDrippedDevil wrote:
Check your messages...  

Yeah sorry, I've never been active on the forums since I've been playing (which is quite a long time). I checked my account settings and enabled private messages. Please try again.

Also, I do not know whether it is outdated information, but I don't think they disable accounts. This is because I quit playing the game for over a year. Don't take my word for it though.  

They do but I am not sure on the time frame for it. I have heard of some people who have gone inactive for a while and its been deactivated. If you ask them they will reactivate it for you unless its too long ago and they have deleted it but I believe that takes a while. Also logging onto this website should be sufficient enough to keep the account active, this one of mine is just forums and I have never logged onto the game and it is still active Smile

basenjilover

Rank 0
basenjilover
PostedNov 04, 2012 10:21 pm
Ya I tought it was 6months but one of my gulidys (ty goodness for skype LOL) thinks its a year -shrugs- And hopefully their is a solution by then or there is going to be a lot of angry people Wink