WalMartSkill

Rank 0
WalMartSkill
PostedJul 20, 2011 2:24 pm   Last edited by WalMartSkill on Aug 15, 2011 11:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Running Shaiya On Mac

Using Wineskin
1. First you want to be downloading the Shaiya client from:
- http://www.joystiq.com/game/shaiya/download/shaiya-full-game/
- http://download.mmosite.com/html/1/2474/
(Links from Vafx) ty:)

2. Click this link to download Wineskin http://sourceforge.net/projects/wineskin/files/Wineskin%20Winery.app.zip/download

3. Click save file or Open, your preference but make sure you open using an an archive tool such as Archive Utility.

4. Once opened, you should get an icon like this one:

5. Double click the icon and this window will open:

6. Once opened click the update button (Updates all the drivers you may need for Shaiya to run, mine has already been updated so the button is faded out)

7. You also want to click the "+" button next to "New Engines Avaliable" and download and install WS7Wine1.3.23 Engine (I haven't tried ws7wine1.3.24 yet so if someone wants to try that and confirm if it works or not that would be helpful to know)

8. Once downloaded you can click cancel which will bring you back to this screen. You then click "Create New Blank Wrapper"

9. This window should come up, rename to Shaiya or whatever you like and click ok:

10. This window will pop up:

Followed by:

Click Install, it shouldn't take too long

11. This window should come up:

Click view wrapper in finder:

Click and drag the wrapper to desktop

12. Double click the icon, this window should pop-up:

Click Install Windows software and choose the Shaiya client you downloaded in step 1.

13. The Shaiya install wizard should pop up and its all pretty self explanatory from there:

14. Once done, this window shows up:

Change from CONFIG to UPDATER:

15. Once you click ok, you are ready to play. Double click your Shaiya wrapper and the Updater should come up:)

!! Sometimes this error message may come up which closes the program:

All you need to do is restart the program and keep restarting if it persists until all updating is done then it should work normally.

If you have any questions or need help please post or pm:)

Edit: If you have screen resolution issues, try changing the resolution or run in window. Me on a 15-inch Mac Pro runs the game at 1360x768 in window mode. Looks and runs excellent.
Advertisement

WalMartSkill

Rank 0
WalMartSkill
PostedJul 20, 2011 2:30 pm
Check it out:)

blahs444

Rank 3
blahs444
PostedJul 20, 2011 5:03 pm
WalMartSkill wrote:
Check it out:)  

I had the same problem on my dads laptop... help :S

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedJul 20, 2011 5:32 pm
It might benefit you to go into the 'Advanced' thing on the wineskin app, then go to the tab that says 'Tools' and do winetricks and install... Corefonts. That will make the font in game appear as it is suppose to.
If you don't know how to access the winetricks application again... you can just right click the Shaiya app you created and click 'Show Package Contents' and run it from there to get to the main menu thing again...

Good tutorial. I was too lazy to make one for this Wink

ShadowYYZ

Rank 1
ShadowYYZ
PostedAug 05, 2011 7:38 am
Any differences between this and crossover? Also, Where can i find "CoreFonts" all i see is 7ZiP or something similar D:

tidus9900

Rank 0
PostedAug 06, 2011 5:32 pm
thanks for sharing this appli guys. i followed all the instructions, but i think my mac is crashing when im using a portal, i did waited for like 5-10mins and still nothin is happenin so i unplugged my mac,opened it and try to run the game again. but same problem is happenin, how can i prevent it guys thanks

FurryCoconut

Rank 0
PostedAug 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Help

I've done all of this, but when press start a white screen comes up and it says full screen error how do I change this? Thanks

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedAug 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Re: Help

FurryCoconut wrote:
I've done all of this, but when press start a white screen comes up and it says full screen error how do I change this? Thanks  

full screen error means that the game's resolution is bigger then yours.

you can solve it by

-> playing the game in window mode
or
-> lower the screen resolution

you can do that by doubleclicking on the " config.exe" file in the shaiya folder
usually the folder is located at the next
Code:
 C\ -> AeriaGames -> Shaiya

signature of xybolt

agbudar1

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 7:33 am

sound

it all works except the sound is there another winetrick to install?

monstermanic7

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2011 8:55 am

Sound!!

sound doesnt work Sad plz help with tht Smile