mrtyrawr

Rank 0
PostedJul 17, 2011 11:48 pm

How good is this game?

All considered.
Long story short, as a student who got heavily involved in the drama program throughout his high school career and devoted all of his time to the art, I've decided to not go so darn heavy on it seeing as this is my senior year. Been looking for an MMO that has a good community and, of course, good qualities to it.

So what do you think about it? Society? Graphics? Gameplay? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement

Eviil_

Rank 1
Eviil_
PostedJul 17, 2011 11:55 pm
The community is there and the game is awesome! considering its a free-to-play. Just remember if something annoys you that some sort of a feature isn't there yet, this game is still in closed beta. So far, they did a wonderful job.

1 player, 3 player, 5 player dungeons. Lots of quests either for the story which gives you that town fame or you can do guild quests with allows your guild to grow and have stuff like guild towns which is what it is. Limited race's to choose from which they're gonna add, more classes that they're planning to add. Anyways, this game is fun, community is great when it is and the graphics for a free to play is great.

teldara

Rank 1
teldara
PostedJul 17, 2011 11:59 pm
Emerald is open arms to all. Except that one guy.

IGN: Zombie / Server: Emerald

JessieSenpai

Rank 0
JessieSenpai
PostedJul 18, 2011 12:12 am
Community? It's average like any other MMO. You'll find some players willing to party with you to make quests faster but others just seem to love to solo for some odd reason. Graphics? You'll have to decide that for yourself so just Google it.

As for gameplay, I love it because I can be any class. Always get neglected when race determined on most MMOs but you can just switch for the party needs. Don't have to get bored with one class by spamming the same skill over for hours if you want to switch it up. Also makes you not have to worry about being hated end game for having a bad under powered class. On top of that said, there is no "bad class." Everyone has their purpose. Some may seem more useful than others but that's simply depending on what you do. Such as a magician (not to confuse with mage classes in this game in general) is amazing at AoEs but needs a cleric to heal them to keep that high damage/exp up or you could go for a Thief or Martial Artists that kills super fast one on one. Maybe you don't mind speed and insurance of survival and go for a tank or cleric. That's why I like this game.

Also it's easy to make cash in this game so getting cash for the AP items is only a day's worth of work. Very possible right now.

Hawkpeft

Rank 1
Hawkpeft
PostedJul 18, 2011 12:18 am
The communities average. You got your plethora of botters and gold sellers, and other trolls spamming world chat from time to time. Usually real people are friendly enough, finding a party can get rough, as people would rather run with their guild, so that should be a top priority for you is finding a guild.

The gameplay is interesting, average mmo, press 2 buttons to win, but you can switch between any class at any time outside of battle, so at least it's not completely stale. The only possible challenge comes from dungeon bosses, but that's only because their only tactic is to spam AoE's.

Graphics, their good for a free mmo, nothing to write home about though.

nervosa23

Rank 0
nervosa23
PostedJul 18, 2011 12:34 am
Eviil_ wrote:
...this game is still in closed beta...  

Did I miss something?

'Eighty percent of success is showing up.'

Soul273

Rank 0
Soul273
PostedJul 18, 2011 12:44 am
nervosa23 wrote:
Eviil_ wrote:

Did I miss something?  

LOOOL! now that u mentioned it, i just noticed that XD we're gonna get wiped Razz

anyways. society as someone just said, is pretty much the same. high playerbase. graphics is okay and gameplay is awesome. you dont get many MMOs where u can multiclass Very Happy

<a></a>

Zeekfox

Rank 3
Zeekfox
PostedJul 18, 2011 12:54 am
The game still needs a lot of fixing. And unfortunately, this is mostly a copy of a foreign version, so english based suggestions seem to be pointless.

Item Mall is also gradually getting more broken and more advertised with time. I'm currently getting spammed with "<Announcement> Buy AP in our Tiered Event today! The more you buy, the more you are rewarded!" I wasn't buying any before and I'm not going to start, so really, it's just pointless spam to me.

And unless you play after a new race is released (right now might be good since Zumi just came out), the class change system makes it so that players have little incentive to start new, low-level characters. This makes lower dungeons and quests tougher to find parties for. Although to be fair, even on higher levels, I sometimes fail to see enough people...

TsunamiWind

Rank 3
TsunamiWind
PostedJul 18, 2011 1:11 am
Zeekfox wrote:
The game still needs a lot of fixing. And unfortunately, this is mostly a copy of a foreign version, so english based suggestions seem to be pointless.

Item Mall is also gradually getting more broken and more advertised with time. I'm currently getting spammed with "<Announcement> Buy AP in our Tiered Event today! The more you buy, the more you are rewarded!" I wasn't buying any before and I'm not going to start, so really, it's just pointless spam to me.

And unless you play after a new race is released (right now might be good since Zumi just came out), the class change system makes it so that players have little incentive to start new, low-level characters. This makes lower dungeons and quests tougher to find parties for. Although to be fair, even on higher levels, I sometimes fail to see enough people...  

Aww why so cynical? This is a f2p game so without people buying AP the servers wont operate due to funds required, YOU PAY NOTHING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY ANYTHING! There are still new players coming into the game, but I will admit yea it will be a lil more difficult later on to find low area parties due to players maxing.

The game is being redistributed here so we have an English server to play on, Also, even though the company that made Eden is foreign (non English speaking), the GM team forwards any bugs or suggestions we have for the game, so it's possible something we pick out will be put ingame later on.

This game has a long way to grow, so if you want to join us now would be a great time! Ingame at least on aquamarine (I can't vouch for other servers) we have a fun community there.

Hope to see you ingame!
~Tsunamii

raikoseifuu

Rank 0
raikoseifuu
PostedJul 18, 2011 1:56 am
nervosa23 wrote:
Eviil_ wrote:

Did I miss something?  

The game is open beta/full release.