Lucario_Player

Rank 2
Lucario_Player
PostedJul 16, 2011 12:05 am   Last edited by Lucario_Player on Jul 25, 2011 11:40 am. Edited 9 times in total

So you think you can draw!?

Another Fan Art Event (Any server.... heck any game can join with the prizes I have in store!)

(Was that so hard Luc... lol)

Prizes are redeemable by ANY AGE game.

Please read the whole post before starting a drawing!

I've been craving for another art contest lately and finally decided to get it out there, this time though the stakes are a little higher. There are no HM prizes or participation prizes BUT, this time it's an all AP throwdown! If only 6-15 people participate this time, There will be $60 in AP given away in all (1st gets $30). However, if more than That many people end up entering... There will be over $100 of AP given away (as well as 4 places instead of 3)! So... the question in general is... do you think you can draw?

Duration: 1 month
Date: 7/15 - 8/15 (starts and ends at 9 pm PST [12 am my time])
Objective: Draw Luc as good as you can!
Theme: Can be anything you can imagine (Ex: Action, Comedy, Cute, Cool, etc)

Rules:

- Remember that you *must* follow the ToS or you will face consequences
- Please don't try to copy other people's works, you may grab an idea but don't make it look like it was just grabbed from a similar original work or your drawing may face disqualification
- Anyone can enter, even people that don't play DoMO since the prizes are all AP cards!
- You may enter more than once but only 1 drawing will be picked out of everything you enter as *the best*
- Your art may be drawn in any format you choose (hand drawn, digital, etc.) If unsure please ask.
- You may draw in any style you want, you never know even a chibi may win!
- Your art will be judged by many different aspects (Accuracy, Originality Orientation, etc.) Note: Bonus points will be awarded for any details that you add to the art (special quality, background, etc.) (If you do not know how to color or shade you can still enter, you never know you may still win!)
- There will be only ONE winner for each placement (no one can win two times or more, if we find out you entered with 2 accounts you will be disqualified)
-If you have any questions I will most likely answer from forum mail more than the game (I may also be streaming on my JTV account as well which is you can find in my blurb)
-Hints are there as a guide (maybe extra points) not following them will not get points deducted
-The time limit of the contest is one month, however if things come up or 5 people or more request more time I "may" allow it but there is no guarantee afterall, I start back in college in a little over a month

These rules are there to follow and may be updated at any point in time.

Entry Format:

Code:
[b]Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b][url]the direct link to your entry here[/url] or [img]the direct link to your entry here[/img]

Would like a title so I can know what to call it even if you turn in something at the end unfinished lol

Host:
Lucario_Player

The Judges will remain unknown as well as how many there are so that they can judge more accurately (they will not be told who drew what as well)

Also, I may or may not judge this contest as I don't want to be pressured into choosing who wins what so you will not know if I do or don't judge (who knows maybe I will XD)

Profile:

Lucario-Player
Human (Blue skinned)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Red
Lv 70 Hunter, Blademaster and Martial Artist
Lv 5x Alchemist
Lv 50 Thief (likes to be sneaky is a hint)
Armor: LA lv 70 (Upgraded)
Favorite weapons:
True Crossbow (lv 70)
True Dagger (lv 70)
Glass Bow (lv 65)
The Bow that Uryu from Bleach (Quincy) uses at first with an aura type look
Also like the Ronin Blade Alternate weapon (lv 60 Saber)
Favorite costume: Rider with dog ears and red angel wings
Favorite Color: Royal Blue

Hints:

Hint #1: For my rider costume, if you can, instead of the red accents in the costume I'd like blue instead (afterall I like blue more than red XD, as well as the angel wings more of a royal blue it would be *more accurate* in my tastes but that is up to you the drawer. You also don't have to draw the belt or red stripes on the pants *if* you don't want to but I still like the gloves and the wings. Also as part of the clothes I like how leather shines so if you can make the leather shine more that may score you some extra points. Last thing that I almost forgot, make sure when you draw the pants, don't make them look baggy they can be semi-tight or a little tight but just don't make them look very baggy XD (This hint is most notable especially if you color since I want blue gloves, wings, etc instead of red)

Hint #2: One of my favorite game series is Metal Gear Solid which if you don't know what game series it is, you basically are sneaking past enemies enemies without being caught as well as either tranquilizing them or killing them (can use the bows or dagger for this hint if you have any ideas here)

Hint #3: I love Lucario because of his aura attack so if you want to center your drawing on Luc with something to do with aura you can

Hint #4: I like anime and when I watch either action or psychological anime... I like seeing blood in it >_> I don't think anymore needs to be explained here if you want to try this hint lol (ronin blade may work well here though)

Hint #5: Anything you think may be cute should be acceptable as for comedy... If you know what a fuzzy is from Yoshi's Island you can work with that it's a white fuzzball that is about as big as a person (can be made a little smaller if needed) that when Yoshi touches "or" eats he becomes dizzy >_> and when he eats one... You can just watch the video at 2:10 to get an idea <_< (video). You can draw me either touching, eating or FArting (yes a bad Fan Art joke lol <_<") one, whatever you'd like (that is if you do this idea) and yes I don't mind the last one either lol... have fun with it since it is a comedy art ._."

(note: choc_nat is doing a few more as well so I'll edit them in if she gets them done too)

Hint #6: You can also draw me doing a cool looking pose with either of my weapons or even a gesture as you see fit

I think those are all the hints I can give if I think of anymore I'll post them. You don't have to follow the hints but you may score bonus points for following them lol

Pictures to go by:

Rider: 1 2 3 4
Dagger
Ronin Blade
Crossbow
Glass Bow (note you can make the bow also look like there is aura in it like in THIS drawing choc_nat did for me (also a hint to what I meant in shine in the leather)
Aura Bow

Note: I am having nat try a little bit of a costume change if you noticed maybe (not exactly like the art on hint 5 but close to it but if you do that look I won't mind it either lol)

The new look that I'm trying if anyone is good at descriptions XD (might not change too much if it's line art/ shading) is that I still have blue gloves, still have blue wings, but the belt can be either black like above or blue.  The shoes I wear are also now leather boots as well with a blue top edging and a zipper if you want to draw the zipper (you can view the art I referred to to see the boots and zippers may be harder on chibi's so it won't matter if you do that for a chibi or not).  The pants can be just plain leather pants as well for this look with no metal in it as well.  The clothes aren't connected like in the art above (that is more of an effect from the hint's description lol).  Finally I'm wearing a leather jacket with the chains on the arms like on the art as well and the jacket can be open (with or without a white shirt) or closed and I think that is all lol

Prizes:

(6-15 people participate)

1st Place:
- $30 AP card (1 $10 and 1 $20 card)

2nd Place:
- $20 AP card

3rd Place:
- $10 AP card

(16 or more people enter)

1st Place:
- $50 in AP cards (1 $10 and 2 $20 cards)

2nd place:
- $30 in AP cards (1 $10 and 1 $20 card)

3rd place:
- $20 AP card

4th place
- $10 AP card

Note: if less than 5 people enter the contest will be canceled or handled differently depending on how I feel at the end of the time period.

Note 2: I'll try to get a mod to move this where they think it should go since ANY game can participate and if I have to I'll even show a mod a picture of all the AP cards to get their *stamp of approval* XD

/Note 3/:Moved to General Events & Contests.
Advertisement

Lucario_Player

Rank 2
Lucario_Player
PostedJul 16, 2011 12:07 am
Back on earlier than I had mentioned! The scores were *very* close for first... too close <_<". Anyways~ lol I'm going to go by point placement... again I did not judge these and I let the judges decide how many points each person got (some drawings given more points than others...) so again don't kill the host if you did not win <_<"

Here they are!

4th Place: OrionTempest with 147.7 points
Victory

3rd Place: Glenowly with 158 points
Fluorscent Overload

2nd Place: celloplaya101 with 162 points
Lucarino-Player

1st Place: .Felina. with 162.6
Touch Fuzzies, Get Trippy

(Note: .Felina.'s "Prepare for Battle" got 157.4 points so it would have been a close 3rd place if she hadn't placed at all with this drawing)

Winners can either friend me on here and use meebo to get your AP card codes or friend me on msn (which is listed on my profile) make sure the people that use the msn way leave me a message to tell me who you are since people can mimic who you are and all due to my msn being public and all~ lol.

As a final note... again PM me (or say on here like Glenowly did... XD) if you want your judge sheet and I'll send you the 3 judge's scores and what they gave you and again don't take any of the judge's words as hurtful if they sound it... They are *suppose* to be truthful in all ways anyways since I didn't release their names >_>

(Note: might not be able to PM or anything until around 3 hours more or less from now)

Lili.Baybee

Rank 2
Lili.Baybee
In your head, under your bed. United States
PostedJul 16, 2011 12:51 am
-dumps yur character in peachy skin color-

Lucario_Player

Rank 2
Lucario_Player
PostedJul 16, 2011 1:30 am
Lili.Baybee wrote:
-dumps yur character in peachy skin color-  

Noooooo I like my blue ._. XD

Ricky8886

Rank 3
Ricky8886
PostedJul 16, 2011 8:18 am
Whenever I look at these AP art contests I cry deep inside. WHY ARE THERE NO WRITING OR POETRY coNTESTSLDsjfKDfjSKLFJ?!?! Some people don't have artistic skillz like others here. T_T''

Lili.Baybee

Rank 2
Lili.Baybee
In your head, under your bed. United States
PostedJul 16, 2011 9:16 am
im helping u waste rl money.
1 entry. 15 more to go.

Lucario_Player

Rank 2
Lucario_Player
PostedJul 16, 2011 11:19 am
Ricky8886 wrote:
Whenever I look at these AP art contests I cry deep inside. WHY ARE THERE NO WRITING OR POETRY coNTESTSLDsjfKDfjSKLFJ?!?! Some people don't have artistic skillz like others here. T_T''  

Sorry Tokyo >_< I'm just not really into poetry and... not really in the mood for reading much lately lol ._."

Lili.Baybee wrote:
1 entry. 15 more to go.

What's the title of your creation Lelee ;P XD

.Felina.

Rank 3
.Felina.
PostedJul 16, 2011 1:28 pm
o= I'll give it a shot o3o

Ricky8886

Rank 3
Ricky8886
PostedJul 16, 2011 1:30 pm
Lucario_Player wrote:
Ricky8886 wrote:

Sorry Tokyo >_< I'm just not really into poetry and... not really in the mood for reading much lately lol ._."

Lili.Baybee wrote:
1 entry. 15 more to go.

What's the title of your creation Lelee ;P XD  

=3= It's Okay luc~ Just very depressing when I see these kind of contests Q_Q''

Lucario_Player

Rank 2
Lucario_Player
PostedJul 16, 2011 1:45 pm
Ricky8886 wrote:
=3= It's Okay luc~ Just very depressing when I see these kind of contests Q_Q''  

Yeah... again sorry I know how you feel >_< (wishes I could draw too but really likes to look at people's drawings XD)