iDerrien

Rank 0
PostedJul 13, 2011 9:00 am

Evasion, block, parry

Hi fellow dps.

Does someone know if its possible to block/evade or parry a skill and/or a spell?

What i know for sure is that its possible to block/evade normal hits. Im not sure about the melee skills like ambush but i assume its possible. What i dont know at all is if its possible to evade/block magic skills. If its impossible, what about the resists? By getting high elemental resists do we get a chance to negate an effect of a spell or are they only there to reduce dmg?

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

VonLoewe

Rank 1
PostedJul 21, 2011 11:36 pm
While you cannot evade aoe spells, single target skills can be evaded. I'm not sure about block and parry though, but I assume it follows the same rules...

snowmaann

Rank 3
snowmaann
PostedJul 26, 2011 10:08 pm
VonLoewe wrote:
While you cannot evade aoe spells, single target skills can be evaded. I'm not sure about block and parry though, but I assume it follows the same rules...  
u most not have seen that lvl 65 thief solo that guild boss and he was evading his aoes but i guess u need unbelievable amounts a evade to do so

BLADERX25

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2011 10:13 pm
level 65 thief?

The TW version level cap was incresed?

The las time i see, the level cap was 60

ngazi

Rank 1
PostedJul 26, 2011 11:56 pm
The point is you can evade AOEs, and evasion is a must for all melee DPS.

You can't parry with 1 hand weapons. You need shield for block. But you shouldn't use a shield in a dungeon.

XenoDemon

Rank 0
XenoDemon
PostedJul 27, 2011 3:22 am
the only thing it seems u cant evade is dot aoes. other then that im able to evade most of gilles aoes aswell as kekabu

VonLoewe

Rank 1
PostedAug 09, 2011 2:50 pm
Well, AoE physical attacks like BD skills and stuff like that can be evaded, but what I said was you cannot evade AoE magic spells, as in spells that have you target an area on the ground, including the Bard and Hunter DoT's. I don't know what mage spells look like since I've never played mage, but I assume they have aoe spells like that as well.

As for boss AoE's, the same applies. When its a physical attack skill then, again, sure you can evade that. But AoE spells (which usually carry a debuff with them) cannot be evaded.

Notice I make a distinction between skills and spells. Razz