Siraam

Rank 0
Siraam
PostedJul 13, 2011 2:50 am

Manual patching (how?)

Would anybody be kind enough to explain to me how to manually patch the game?
Advertisement

meekmilla

Rank 3
meekmilla
PostedJul 13, 2011 6:51 am
currently X-Legends have provide a manual patch so yea Sad , whats the problem?

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJul 13, 2011 8:07 am   Last edited by celestar on Jul 15, 2011 8:22 am. Edited 3 times in total
Alright, lets try a manual patch. Xlegend doesn't have a method for a small manaul patch so lets do a big manual patch. If you want to be the guinea pig, i'll provide you with instructions.

1. jul12 manual. july14 manual
2. unpack it, you will need either 7zip or peazip.
3. In the folder you will find all the update files. Put the files in "pkg" into the eden eternal "pkg" folder, overwrite. Put the "Movies" inside "Movies" and everything else in the eden eternal main folder.

Start the game and see if that works for patching.

EDIT: i've confirmation that this works for patching. Thx to my willing participants.
EDIT2: i've uploaded jul14 manual, same thing applies, put everything in their respective folder. Anything without a folder goes into the main EE. Worked for a friend. you are free to use as always. The launcher will still download the gamedata file list and version txt but will simply check the files in the pkg and not have to download all the nifs that is erroring out.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

arctri9

Rank 0
PostedJul 13, 2011 11:20 pm
celesta..
i already download your patch and overwrite all its files according to your instructions..
but i seems to have some problem.

-black log in screen.(only Eden Eternal emblem show up)
-cant see my charactaer.
-half way loading to join server then the game closed by itself..

any tips??

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJul 14, 2011 6:59 am
go to the options->video at the launcher, and change your resolution and graphics setting. The patch seems to have undone some settings for a few users. The black screen have been fixed by a few people by choosing the correct res, disabling ui caching and checking the optmize button.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

meekmilla

Rank 3
meekmilla
PostedJul 14, 2011 12:39 pm
heres a little Manual Patch Ando Just Posted EE Manual Patchfrom AndoSky

see if that works ..

Adell021

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2011 10:05 pm
I downloaded it and when I unzip, it says the file is corrupt.

The new launchers also turned up corrupt for me and I tried the manual patch Andosky posted and that's not working too.

I also tried changing the launcher.ini file and reinstalled it several times.

HELP!

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJul 15, 2011 8:26 am
Adell, since you're not having patching issue the manual patches are not needed. The new patch seem to be crashing constantly with the c++ Runtime error. Unfortunately there isn't a 'fully' working solution for that issue. like i said in your other thread, submit a contact us ticket and let the GM know the problem you are having and maybe they can get the devs to help faster.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJul 27, 2011 8:27 am
cumulative manual patch, instruction are above. Seems to work. The launcher will download 2-3 files after the cumulative. once again, not an official manual patch. you are free to use.