hack742

Rank 1
hack742
PostedJul 09, 2011 12:59 pm
That_guy_VI_IX wrote:
It's where people hide behind a fence, on the edge of a cliff, or on top of a set of stairs and solo mass mob kill. They do this without putting themselves at risk, except loss of mana...  

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... Where do u see this? cuz i know for a fact, that if a player does this and does not kill fast enough with their damage over time skill, or otherwise then then mob resets, its a feature everywhere, dungeons and otherwise anyways it could just be me

Lastly i saw a guy say a bard can power level some1 from level 1-50? that is not true, i believe its an 8 level difference? or 7, if some1 is 7-8 levels higher than some1 else, then the lower level will not get experience, or the higher level, neither will get experience, if the bard kills high level stuff, while the low level stands around, the low level will get no experience and the bard will get all of it:/ if ur talking about venin grind, the level limit is 45, so that doesnt work either:P
Advertisement

SirBrass

Rank 0
SirBrass
PostedJul 09, 2011 1:13 pm
The xp cuts off at 6 level difference, so you can be 5 different and still get xp.

-Aquamarine Server::IGN: Brass (/t me if you need help)-

leXieh

Rank 3
leXieh
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:07 pm
hack742 wrote:
That_guy_VI_IX wrote:
It's where people hide behind a fence, on the edge of a cliff, or on top of a set of stairs and solo mass mob kill. They do this without putting themselves at risk, except loss of mana...  

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... Where do u see this? cuz i know for a fact, that if a player does this and does not kill fast enough with their damage over time skill, or otherwise then then mob resets, its a feature everywhere, dungeons and otherwise anyways it could just be me

Lastly i saw a guy say a bard can power level some1 from level 1-50? that is not true, i believe its an 8 level difference? or 7, if some1 is 7-8 levels higher than some1 else, then the lower level will not get experience, or the higher level, neither will get experience, if the bard kills high level stuff, while the low level stands around, the low level will get no experience and the bard will get all of it:/ if ur talking about venin grind, the level limit is 45, so that doesnt work either:P  

Well bards can plvl your class from 1 to 50 Smile

MajorLuna

Rank 0
MajorLuna
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:10 pm
Why punish some one for using what's in the game mechanics ? It's not a bug therefore it's not really abuse. If it wasn't ment to be posable change the game mechanics to where it won't allow you to do so. There hasn't been a stated rule on not doing it and you can't just up and say it's not allowed when there are no rules on the forums about in-game . State the rules on the forum for in -game and don't just think people already know about them. If it's in the game mechanics people will and do use those things to their advantage.

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Maaaaan , if so many people are QQing about solo Bard venin runs I just can't wait till we get this dungeon xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnLByeVyR3w&feature=related

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

Mabi_Nano

Rank 0
Mabi_Nano
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:14 pm
I had no idea it was an "exploit", it just made sense. People do this in real life, such as using tree-stands or terrain to improve their odds. Those notches in the tops of castle walls weren't just for decoration.

Besides, I got hit plenty as many higher level mobs have their own ranged attacks. You could kneecap, and they'd be stuck but still "shooting" at you through the same rocks and trees. Same with boss AOE's.

A fix suggestion? Make the ranged/AOE attacks limited by what you could move through.
If you can't walk through it, you can't shoot through it.
Rocks and trees are shelter from ranged and AOE.
Cliffs are impenetrable- if you can't walk down it, you simply can't shoot "across" it.

(Yes, I understand this involves a lot of code. It would however prevent abuse and in such a manner as to not chase away current and potential customers.)

I'm hoping some kind of actual fix or resolution comes from this. I really don't want to be banned because I made a mob run around a rock.

leXieh

Rank 3
leXieh
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:17 pm
songeurique wrote:
Maaaaan , if so many people are QQing about solo Bard venin runs I just can't wait till we get this dungeon xD

using rocks as a shield is bannable! Surprised! we need flat maps without mountains, trees, rocks, anything....every1 will be happy Smile

CherryMX

Rank 1
CherryMX
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:18 pm
songeurique wrote:

Was actually thinking this dungeon, but that one works, too.

Geffrey

Rank 0
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:19 pm   Last edited by Geffrey on Jul 09, 2011 2:30 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Just the fact that this "bug" exists shows not a lack of control on the part of players, as abuseable bugs will be abused no matter what. Rather it shows irresponsibility on the part of the game developers to alleviate the problem or have the foresight to know that such a problem may arise.

Other games have taken precautions against this kind of farming through a number of measures:
-Mobs only follow players for a short time, not to the ends of the world.
-Mobs apply a stacking movement speed debuff if they hit your backside while you are moving.
-As you are taking aggro from many mobs there is a cumulative defense penetration effect for each mob you are tanking.
-If mobs can't hit anything for some time they reset, regardless of if they are taking damage.
-Limit number of mobs an AoE hits.

Ofcourse it is easier for the developers, rather than taking responsibility for their own flawed game, to just say: "Hey, don't do this!"

You can't expect much from a f2p asian developer. Btw, none of our feedback will matter so don't waste your breath.

leXieh

Rank 3
leXieh
PostedJul 09, 2011 2:20 pm
CherryMX wrote:
songeurique wrote:

Was actually thinking this dungeon, but that one works, too.  

stop posting those vids..we will never get any update because of that