Max_ManX

Rank 1
Max_ManX
PostedJul 09, 2011 8:06 am
In the end, people just need to play the game for theirselves. All this "veninfang is broken", "Terrain abusing" stuff needs to just stop. Just because a feature is actually not horrible does NOT mean it should go away.
Advertisement

Boltonsquad

Rank 2
Boltonsquad
PostedJul 09, 2011 8:20 am
Terrain abusing is indeed a bannable offence and anyone caught doing it will be asked to stop, if they continue to do it there will be consequences.

TorisLietuva

Rank 0
TorisLietuva
PostedJul 09, 2011 8:30 am
leXieh wrote:
LOL show me at least 1 rule that has been broken by standing on the top of the mountain and killing mobs from the distance?  

This has been discussed before in a thread and they came to the conclusion that doing so is the same as 'exploiting a bug' as the terrain was not intended to be used like that. Then again someone brought up the fact that we shouldn't be attacking mobs that are standing in other mobs because this is also 'exploiting a bug' since the mobs shouldn't do that.

Personally, I have mixed feelings on the matter.

True, I find it silly that something like this is bannable when all you're doing is working with what you've got. It's like giving a carrot to a rabbit and telling it to not eat it.

Then again, this is not only unfair(to the melee classes especially and before you go 'you can switch to ranged dps' I'll remind you that a ranged dps is not able to earn CP for a melee class ;P) , but technically eliminates the whole purpose for having the HP bar and dying. And if this were allowed it will give bots another thing to exploit. (not that they're not doing it now, but still.)

Someone before me brought up the fact that some classes can farm faster without being at risk so it shouldn't matter, but the difference here is that using our classes to our advantage is what we're supposed to be doing while using the terrain is not.

In the end, people should just not do it. Not worth all the trouble...

(temporary siggy not drawn by me)

leXieh

Rank 3
leXieh
PostedJul 09, 2011 8:40 am
in the end it's banning people for doing things that games allows them to do o_o banning them for being ranged killers and not using hp pots. AND we will always need pots because from what i know there are no mountains, cliffs or whatever in dungeons and we can't trust clerics and tanks with everything (go read "dear clerics" thread Smile ) oh well it's banning people for playing the game in their own way...anyways im off to vening before there will be thread "people plvling each other in vening bard abuse" thread

Zeekfox

Rank 3
Zeekfox
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:11 am
I don't see how it's abuse. Monsters will give up and "reset" back to full health if they can't find a path to the attacker within a few seconds, meaning the attacker still has to kill the monster fast enough for HP loss to not be a problem.

And if it's so bannable, why not remove every mountain and hill and tree from the game? Just turn everything into flat plains and there won't be a problem.

Boltonsquad

Rank 2
Boltonsquad
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:13 am
leXieh wrote:
in the end it's banning people for doing things that games allows them to do o_o banning them for being ranged killers and not using hp pots. AND we will always need pots because from what i know there are no mountains, cliffs or whatever in dungeons and we can't trust clerics and tanks with everything (go read "dear clerics" thread Smile ) oh well it's banning people for playing the game in their own way...anyways im off to vening before there will be thread "people plvling each other in vening bard abuse" thread  

If player's get told not to abuse a common known bug then go ahead and do it anyways they have no one to blame other than themselves for the consequences.

DragonGodLadon

Rank 0
DragonGodLadon
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:15 am
Zeekfox wrote:
I don't see how it's abuse. Monsters will give up and "reset" back to full health if they can't find a path to the attacker within a few seconds, meaning the attacker still has to kill the monster fast enough for HP loss to not be a problem.

And if it's so bannable, why not remove every mountain and hill and tree from the game? Just turn everything into flat plains and there won't be a problem.  

I think it's because the developers forgot to include a "line of sight" that doesn't include seeing the monsters over cliffs or other things as being seen over. You know, like how in some games the mob is right below you and you want to attack him, except the game says "No, you can't see him," while you're "How can I not see him when he's RIGHT THERE DOWN THE CLIFF!?"

Max_ManX

Rank 1
Max_ManX
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:28 am
I only see abusing this bug as "bannable" if , the devs are planning to implement a LoS into the game. If they aren't, then i dont really think it should be. most mobs reset after a while you have them anyway.And if they dont live long enough to reset, then they die rather quickly. So what if a ranged stays clear from enemies, thats what they do. Melee are supposed to go near an enemy to beat it up, and ranged supposed to keep their distance. I do not see a problem here.

I think people are trying too hard to make this game "perfect" but they will eventually just ruin everything as a result

Also, if there is an official list of dos and donts for EE, i would love to read them, since this has to be the first game ive seen with so many hidden exploits that are bannable.

CherryMX

Rank 1
CherryMX
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:34 am
DragonGodLadon wrote:

I think it's because the developers forgot to include a "line of sight" that doesn't include seeing the monsters over cliffs or other things as being seen over. You know, like how in some games the mob is right below you and you want to attack him, except the game says "No, you can't see him," while you're "How can I not see him when he's RIGHT THERE DOWN THE CLIFF!?"  

"Forgetting" implies they had that feature/set of game rules in the first place.

They didn't. Ever. In any game they've ever done. Their engine does not include it.

Ultimately, "hurr ban terrain abuse xD" is silly and really, really stupid considering this games set of engine rules. Did you know that mobs clip against eachother if you mob them? If you position yourself correctly, you can disallow a number of mobs from actually being able to hurt you by doing nothing but blocking them with other mobs.
Is this some form of glitch exploitation? No. It's clearly obvious that the game intends to work this way. But by the logic of "no the terrain doesn't let mobs through!" it should be.

Even worse, what's considered bannable isn't even effective or efficient. As mentioned before, there are several AOE classes that can pull and AOE out large groups of mobs much, much faster and use little to no pots in the process.

All that's being done by this ruling is pushing away smart players who recognize how inane it is of a company to focus on such a petty and non-consequential issue.

horamerda2

Rank 0
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:36 am
Boltonsquad wrote:
leXieh wrote:

If player's get told not to abuse a common known bug then go ahead and do it anyways they have no one to blame other than themselves for the consequences.  

2 things i have to say

1 - it would be a pathetic JOKE if anyone got banned for that BUT not for veninsoling with bard plvling everyone in hours to 50...thats FAR bigger problem since it truely makes a huge difference.
2 - even though u say its wrong to do and there will be consequences for those who do it, if u loggin right now in 50% of channels there is someone doing it near Dias entrance...