rajatk15

Rank 0
PostedJul 08, 2011 7:12 pm
i dont know why i feel your database, aeria is hacked too. I mean why else will i get my account blocked for you thinking a gold-seller is accessing my account. You guys asked me for some detailed information to prove it is my account and im a legit player. I did just that and then GM Shrinky looked into it and unblocked my account. All that happened only to get my account blocked again just two days after i was unblocked. I dont get whats going on. I have never, i repeat, NEVER bought gold from a gold-seller nor have i ever sold gold to anyone. Also i have been playing using my main account for almost 3 years and have played pretty much every game here.

I am seriously disappointed and furious. I have never been banned or warned before and now suddenly in a matter of 4 days my accounts been blocked twice. And this second ban, i didnt even get a email stating why i was banned. I dont know what is going through the list of suspicious accounts on your team but he needs do a better job.

You arent even compensating me. First time all i got was a little sorry. I think i deserve a compensation this time around. You are making me fall behind in all my games where i play with my friends and they are all now way ahead of me and im left to play alone.

removed for size
Advertisement

djashes

Rank 5.1
djashes
PostedJul 08, 2011 7:17 pm
rajatk15 wrote:
Stuff  
Your sig is too big.

K_I_A_N_D_R_A

Rank 1
K_I_A_N_D_R_A
PostedJul 08, 2011 8:48 pm
Ok, time for me to make a quick explanation on how I make easy to remember, yet totally secure passwords.

A few things to keep in mind about passwords and how to keep them secure:

• NEVER use a string of numbers or letters in sequence (i.e. 1234 or abcd).
  • Passwords should be a minimum of 8 characters long. It is now recommended that you use 12 character passwords to balance effort to remember vs security.
  • A minimum of one upper and lowercase letter should be used, as well as one number. At least one symbol will increase the strength.
  • Avoid using words found in a common dictionary

Now, onto how I create my passwords.

STEP ONE:
I pick two words that are related somehow and are 4-6 letters in length, same length each for best results, to create a base phrase. For this example, I will use the words blue and wave. Yes, I know my last bullet was to AVOID using words, but you'll see how this works in a second.

STEP TWO:
Change one or more letters into a number equivalent. Also consider using a symbol. b1uew@v3

STEP THREE:
Capitalize at least one letter: b1uEw@v3

VOILA!

The awesome thing I love about this method is that you can reuse the same phrase but not have the same password by simply changing which letters are capitalized/numbered/symboled.

If you want to add an extra layer of randomness to your password, alternate the letters of the words before you change it up. For instance, I would have started with bwlauvee and ended with something like bw1@uvE3 .

Avoid writing your passwords down, even if it is to a site like Aeria. If you write it down someone can find it. If someone can find it they have full access to your stuff. This is why I suggest using a base phrase for your passwords.

Also, change your password every 3-6 months. If it is changed often it is harder for someone to guess what it is.

BlazeFirelover

Rank 2
BlazeFirelover
PostedJul 08, 2011 8:52 pm
K_I_A_N_D_R_A wrote:
geek stuff  

Thanks for teh cool update. I change password now.

<3

meeronie

Rank 0
PostedJul 08, 2011 11:06 pm
That raises a question - are our passwords in this game on this forum properly encrypted or they are laying plaintext?

Speaking of password strengths, how to measure them and how to check them.

There are sites to check password stregnth like http://www.passwordmeter.com/

Though I wouldn't enter my paypal password in them while connected to the internet just in case, rather I'd enter password with similar features(e.g player8 instead of hunter2)

More general checker like http://lastbit.com/pswcalc.asp will tell how long will it take to bruteforce password and will not ask to enter actual password, just how long it is and what it contains.

It was theorethical part. In practice, if you have decent videocard(preferrably ATI6990 or ATI5970 (not 6970)), you can download something like oclhashcat-lite or jtr-jumbo(Though its support of gpu now is poor IIRC, but at least it's not closed source so it's more trustworthy), then hash your password and feed it to hash cracker and actually see how long would it take to bruteforce password.

Here's some nice estimation table http://golubev.com/gpuest.htm .
Regarding actual sha256 hashing results you can see https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison. It also shows that CPU suck so much to reverse hash.

(I'm speaking of hashes there because any site written by someone more reliable than 8 y.o. stores hash of salted passwords instead of passwords)

qwertzuio9

Rank 2
qwertzuio9
PostedJul 09, 2011 1:55 am

How to Choose Strong Passwords

zolamee

Rank 2
zolamee
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:01 am
Hmmm compromised accounts lol while some of the "earn AP offers" hand out free viruses.... idk which one is worst tbh...

Xx.Satan.xX

Rank 0
Xx.Satan.xX
PostedJul 09, 2011 9:25 am
djashes wrote:
Xx.*****.xX wrote:
words  
Do you mean if someone logs on with a different IP?  

Not really that wasnt what i meant. If you have facebook you should notice that. Try to log in from out of your ''city'' i mean log in from other city/country.. that will comes up. You can log in with any IP on your city(area) that will never comes up. only the area where you acc was made and where you live. Alil bit hard to explain coz eng isnt my main languae.

anais19

Rank 0
PostedJul 09, 2011 10:20 am
toper20 wrote:
GM can u help me .. i was hack.
i cant log in my acc.
my user name is:veisel23
i cant log in my pass. b`cos change password. and email.

and my character name is RedStill.lvl 35 thief.

please help me. for my acc..

Thx GM..ill be wating to ur reply  

You should send a RT about it not post it here Shocked
http://www.aeriagames.com/contact

onenary

Rank 2
onenary
PostedJul 09, 2011 12:17 pm
- After reading this i'll start changing my Password every month, it's better when it comes to security and to have less chances in forgetting your password.

- Our opinions may differ.!!