Kyori

Rank 3
Kyori
PostedJul 07, 2011 11:09 pm
Would it be good so that each person only has 5 attempts b4 they cannot log in for that much time or so?

If you think you can outdo me in a battle of wit then thou shall have a debate
Advertisement

neckling

Rank 0
neckling
PostedJul 07, 2011 11:12 pm
cloud343 wrote:
Can the password limit be increased Very Happy  

^ yeah, i really think we should be able to make the passwords longer. could work alot better.

o u o;;

teldara

Rank 1
teldara
PostedJul 07, 2011 11:16 pm
Allan the pk wrote:
Click board with button randomizer works wonders Very Happy. High Security sites use these very often, And I find that it works wonders as long as your password isn't easy to guess. ^_^  

Uh, still won't work. Key Logger screenshots everything you click. Well, the decent ones. If its randomized and you click one, its not hard to play the process of elimination. Takes a while but they can still guess.

Even if you blank the number/letter before you click you can guess which one it is.

IGN: Zombie / Server: Emerald

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJul 08, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Account Security

Superman0X wrote:

I would also like to remind the community that not everyone that has their account compromised has it happen because they did something bad. They may have re-used a username/password combo, or simply used a bad password. Please have some sympathy for those that have this happen to them, as it is not a pleasant experience.  

Nice!

Also just wanted to mention in another game I have played, you have the choice once in game to have additional password lock on things like character and inventory. It is not compulsory but an option to use it.

Is this possibly something that Aeria may implement in the future? I know in various forms something along these lines has been suggested over the years in suggestions.

skarletreign

Rank 0
skarletreign
PostedJul 08, 2011 12:11 pm
TotallyJay wrote:
I'm sorry. I will return all the accounts I hijacked.

Thanks bai.

Cool

Just... kidding?  
ha, i knew it was u jay i totally did lol jk

quartell

Rank 3
quartell
PostedJul 08, 2011 12:35 pm
Superman guessed my password o.0

Fawye

Rank 3
Fawye
PostedJul 08, 2011 2:05 pm
Kyori wrote:
Would it be good so that each person only has 5 attempts b4 they cannot log in for that much time or so?  

I'm not sure if it'd be a good thing. We had this in another game I used to play and people there would "discover" other people's ID (aka our forum name here in Aeria) and type anything on password 5 times just to lock that person's account for 30 min. So to me it would be more of a problem than a helpful tool.

OneAndOnlyNISMO

GameSage: Shaiya
OneAndOnlyNISMO
PostedJul 08, 2011 3:25 pm
Thanx for info Super

i would love to see longer passwords and also i would love to be able to change forum name and have it different then log in name anyone using there main account to post on forums is giving half there log in info away unless they make a dif account for forum posting

Xx.Satan.xX

Rank 0
Xx.Satan.xX
PostedJul 08, 2011 5:54 pm
Umm..G.Ms

why dont try like Facebook have. Like..

User created account from this **** and this area if someone logged in from out of the area then the security question comes up. If he failed auto report to the acc owner's email. SOmething like that will help from these scammers or whatever. Im sure that you can do it in PHPbb3. Just giving some ideas Smile

djashes

Rank 5.1
djashes
PostedJul 08, 2011 7:04 pm
Xx.*****.xX wrote:
Umm..G.Ms

why dont try like Facebook have. Like..

User created account from this **** and this area if someone logged in from out of the area then the security question comes up. If he failed auto report to the acc owner's email. SOmething like that will help from these scammers or whatever. Im sure that you can do it in PHPbb3. Just giving some ideas Smile  
Do you mean if someone logs on with a different IP?