Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:30 pm   Last edited by Superman0X on Feb 13, 2012 3:10 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Account Security

In the recent past we have posted numerous times about various sites having their account database's compromised. Many people have asked, 'How does this effect me?'.

The answer is that there are now many very large account databases available, and these database can now be used to compromise accounts on other sites. We have recently seen an increase in account compromise, as well as an increase in failed login attempts.

Because of this, we will be making changes, in order to help our community safe. You may see/hear about some of these changes in the near future.... but we can not do this alone. We would like to remind you that you should do the following:

Never use the same username/password combination on different sites. If you have done this in the past, you should change your passwords on all sites.

Always use a secure password. The minimum requirement for a password here at Aeria is 8 digits, at least one letter, at least one number/symbol, at least one uppercase, at least one lowercase. This is a good practice.. but even with these rules, it is possible to make bad passwords (example Abcd1234).

I would also like to remind the community that not everyone that has their account compromised has it happen because they did something bad. They may have re-used a username/password combo, or simply used a bad password. Please have some sympathy for those that have this happen to them, as it is not a pleasant experience.

Advertisement

DynastySoldier

Rank 5
DynastySoldier
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:34 pm
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1204673
I found that one to explain a bit more.

To prevent lavalocke from sending personal message to you, click here

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:40 pm
Lets get to password encrypting then. That'll make them hard to guess.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

CATGUN90

Rank 4
CATGUN90
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:44 pm
Why not try virtual keyboard password input where player need to input password by clicking on virtual keyboard on screen?

Participant of Wei Summer of Fun,please check your winning prize and contact me to claim the prize: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2018861#16641119 Dwo State 2013: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1905911

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Yea, lately, there have been so many databases got compromised, like bebe membership, Sony, RoM, Neopets, and so on.

I think we all need to change password once every week or a couple days lol
The virtual keyboard idea is good, too ^^

DynastySoldier

Rank 5
DynastySoldier
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:49 pm
What ever happened to Security Question + Secret Answer?

To prevent lavalocke from sending personal message to you, click here

jolteonix

Rank 0
jolteonix
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:50 pm

hmm

I think
I think people need to just keep there passwords a secret and don't share account. it seems a few players learned the hard way. and as gm super man said don't use the same password everywhere. i change my password every few months.

blueskyboi91

Rank 5
blueskyboi91
PostedJul 07, 2011 8:59 pm
make a second password system when u have to enter twice it long but it save...

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJul 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: hmm

I think
jolteonix wrote:
I think people need to just keep there passwords a secret and don't share account. it seems a few players learned the hard way. and as gm super man said don't use the same password everywhere. i change my password every few months.  

hmmm that's not the issue, the issue is other websites were hacked and people stole user information including passwords.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJul 07, 2011 9:13 pm
One big change I'd like to see is for Aeria to finally implement email verification for account creation, not only would this help with security, but it would seriously impede the flow of gold spammers across all of Aeria's games.

<center></center>