EternalXX

Rank 0
PostedJul 12, 2011 1:01 pm
iLegacy wrote:
EternalXX wrote:
I think AGE should focus on improving their games rather than worrying about signature sizes, that should be the least of their worries.  

Unfortunately, with huge signature sizes, it'll increase the amount of stuff which is needed to be downloaded before one can truly be assured a page has finish uploaded. Also, I believe everyone will not like to scroll a very long page where almost half of it is taken up by huge signatures, and not meaningful pictures.

It'll disrupt the information sharing and interaction thus creating a hassle when reading information on the forums, which also includes in-game knowledge stuff, and hence disrupting gameplay.

I believe common gamers will also use the forums once in a while on an occasional basis. It is unsightly to see such huge signatures when their supposed to be actually small like around 200-300 pixels in height and around 700 in width all the time. Also, the eyes might(mind you, its might) hurt/tire out seeing them again and again, especially when their size draws attention.

It isn't even an option to be a priority. With forum GSes, they can split the work up. Sure improving the game's content and bug fixes are important, but a forum is just as important as the game-it works hand in hand.

Just my 2 cents.  

Ah, well I guess if it slows down page load time than it can be an issue, especially for people who have dial up.
Advertisement

tattooist99

Rank 0
tattooist99
PostedJul 13, 2011 9:35 am
oh ok

xmpp

Rank 0
xmpp
PostedJul 13, 2011 9:38 am
tattooist99 wrote:
oh ok  
Totally

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJul 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Friendly Signature Reminder

georgerav wrote:
Please be reminded that signatures must not exceed a height of 200 pixels (This includes all text which may be added in addition to the signature), a width of 700 pixels and a file size of 120 Kb  

if some1 wants to know, the character pixel height is 12 if you're using texts in your signature.

EternalXX wrote:
iLegacy wrote:
EternalXX wrote:

I think AGE should focus on improving their games rather than worrying about signature sizes, that should be the least of their worries.  

Unfortunately, with huge signature sizes, it'll increase the amount of stuff which is needed to be downloaded before one can truly be assured a page has finish uploaded. Also, I believe everyone will not like to scroll a very long page where almost half of it is taken up by huge signatures, and not meaningful pictures.

It'll disrupt the information sharing and interaction thus creating a hassle when reading information on the forums, which also includes in-game knowledge stuff, and hence disrupting gameplay.

I believe common gamers will also use the forums once in a while on an occasional basis. It is unsightly to see such huge signatures when their supposed to be actually small like around 200-300 pixels in height and around 700 in width all the time. Also, the eyes might(mind you, its might) hurt/tire out seeing them again and again, especially when their size draws attention.

It isn't even an option to be a priority. With forum GSes, they can split the work up. Sure improving the game's content and bug fixes are important, but a forum is just as important as the game-it works hand in hand.

Just my 2 cents.  

Ah, well I guess if it slows down page load time than it can be an issue, especially for people who have dial up.  

it's not a matter of the speed. dial up speed is rarely used nowadays ( why should you be here then if aeria has games which needs a broadband connection <.< ) Razz

it's not actually about the page length of the load, but about the forum space. if there are too many signatures which can take a half of your screen, the forum will reload very slowly.
by this, i don't think that people want to use the useful informations here on the forums due of "waiting for the upload" Neutral

the forum is a very handy tool to discuss theories, gathering informations or as a resource for finding an answer on your question. if it loads long, you need to scroll a lot and such, would you use the forums then in that situation ?

signature of xybolt

Lady_Cin

Rank 2
Lady_Cin
PostedJul 17, 2011 2:38 pm

Good like this?

Hmm is it good like mine?
Its hard to make a siggi 0_o

Iyeru

Rank 4
Iyeru
PostedJul 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Good like this?

Lady_Cin wrote:

Nope. Your signature is 260 or so KB in file size. Too big in file size. Needs to be 120 KB or lower.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJul 18, 2011 1:12 am

Lady_Cin wrote:

you've used a png format which is a more detailed image viewer. if you saves your current signature as a .jpeg file, it will be < 120 kB, but one disadvantage is that it's less detailed. i hope that it's not very obvious ofc

seriously ... sometimes i've got a feeling that some1 is chasing me.
got once a signature which got removed. reason : one pixel too high Neutral

signature of xybolt

Lady_Cin

Rank 2
Lady_Cin
PostedJul 18, 2011 1:28 am

xybolt wrote:
Lady_Cin wrote:

you've used a png format which is a more detailed image viewer. if you saves your current signature as a .jpeg file, it will be < 120 kB, but one disadvantage is that it's less detailed. i hope that it's not very obvious ofc

seriously ... sometimes i've got a feeling that some1 is chasing me.
got once a signature which got removed. reason : one pixel too high Neutral  

Serious 0_o omg that kinda people really have no life -.-
But thanks for the tip =D
I saved it like you said...
Have to be better now...And you cant see it on the image so thats good =D

About the size...it's exactly 200x700

pkTheoryTM

Rank 0
pkTheoryTM
PostedJul 18, 2011 5:58 pm
can somone tell me how to get to where i add my sig on these boards pls?

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedJul 18, 2011 6:02 pm
pkTheoryTM wrote:
can somone tell me how to get to where i add my sig on these boards pls?  
Go to setting. You can access account setting from the dropdown menu under your username up on the top of this page.
Then, click on "About Me" tab.
There's a signature box at the bottom of the page where you can enter your signature.