Keroroman

Rank 0
Keroroman
PostedJun 30, 2011 7:25 am

Fame quests - An amazing scam?

Well, i'm writting this in the general discussion cuz i'm not really sure about how many people do agree with me, but here's the "problem" that i have found:

As you can see, both capes are nearly the same. Slightly different defence, same stats, and nearly the same extra stats.
Now, the surprise comes with the "price".

- Firstly, the one i have equipped. The overall cost was about... 0, since it was the reward from a quest (if i recall correctly).

- On the other hand, the cape of the left. It's the reward from the "Fashion Catalog 2", a book which you can buy from the Silver Needles NPC shop wheny ou have 2k fame on them or more, and that costs around 70-80g.

This means, basically, that whether one cape costs 0g, the other one costs 70-80g from the book, and all the hundreds of gold spend in raising the fame with Silver Needles from 0 to 2000.
Ofc, the fame is not wasted but, still, wouldn't you expect a more decent reward? And, even if it wasn't so, the difference would still be from 0g to 70-80g for 2 capes that are nearly the same.

I don't know you, but it kind of sounds like a scam to buy that books from the rep NPCs.
If people agrees on this, i guess i'll make a thread on the suggestions asking some kind of improvement. Or, at least, to make the rep book way cheaper than 70-80g.

"Suicide was against the law. Johnny had wondered why. It meant that if you missed, or the gas ran out, or the rope broke, you could get locked up in prison to show you that life was really very jolly and thoroughly worth living."
Advertisement

Kiarax

Rank 2
PostedJun 30, 2011 7:36 am
Yeah, the crafting faction quests really just aren't worth paying for. They should give you some fame at the very least to offset the cost... but they don't even do that. I just skip em after doing a couple and seeing how eh the rewards were.

<P><br>[Jam : Aquamarine]

Lindsiy24

Rank 0
PostedJun 30, 2011 7:39 am
Cause totally, people might not want a different type of cape for like a caster and decide they want one for a melee?

Really though, I do agree to some degree the quests really aren't worth their price to pick up. They can be alright, but for the most part they aren't the most amazing either.

Fame really I find most useful for crafting goods.

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedJun 30, 2011 10:01 am
Yep I made the exact same mistake with the silver needle fame book quest , I bought the book thinking well at least its a different quest and the reward is sure to be decent .... you can imagine my dismay when I saw what the reward was xD

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

Keroroman

Rank 0
Keroroman
PostedJun 30, 2011 1:44 pm
Lindsiy24 wrote:
Cause totally, people might not want a different type of cape for like a caster and decide they want one for a melee?

Really though, I do agree to some degree the quests really aren't worth their price to pick up. They can be alright, but for the most part they aren't the most amazing either.

Fame really I find most useful for crafting goods.  

Well, you don't really know what reward u'll get until u have bought the book, so i don't think that most of the people who buy it have that in mind.

Although that might be possible, i still see it like a kind of scam. You don't know into what you are until it's too late for your pocket.
It's like if they made it this way with the purpose of making us waste money xD

vovatogex

Rank 0
vovatogex
PostedJul 06, 2011 7:23 pm
sorry but i dont see how it is a scam , let me explain :

1st of all 70g is nothing for a lvl 50 player specially with silver needle fame which allows to craft/sell heavy/light armors
2nd the "70g" cape has 1 EVA / 1 ACC / 11 DEF / 14 HP/MP more now i dont know about you but at lvl 50 every dot in ur stats counts
how much a basic enchant with 4 EVA costs at npc ? 500 silver , how much it costs to make lvl 1 enchant with 7 EVA ? 26g recipe / and alot of lvl 30 mats for a single enchant , so 4 EVA enchant costs 500 silver , 7 EVA enchant costs 30g to make , get my point ?

oh and not to mention if you chosen a cleric or dps cape as quest reward and need something for ur tank , this is perfect .

davell135

Rank 2
davell135
PostedJul 09, 2011 5:46 pm
vovatogex wrote:

1st of all 70g is nothing for a lvl 50 player specially with silver needle fame which allows to craft/sell heavy/light armors
2nd the "70g" cape has 1 EVA / 1 ACC / 11 DEF / 14 HP/MP more now i dont know about you but at lvl 50 every dot in ur stats counts
how much a basic enchant with 4 EVA costs at npc ? 500 silver , how much it costs to make lvl 1 enchant with 7 EVA ? 26g recipe / and alot of lvl 30 mats for a single enchant , so 4 EVA enchant costs 500 silver , 7 EVA enchant costs 30g to make , get my point ?

oh and not to mention if you chosen a cleric or dps cape as quest reward and need something for ur tank , this is perfect .  

u can always use 70g fo something better than fame quest like idk, farming more mats for fame i.e. and about the cleric dps cape, if u need something for u tank, jus farm dungeons? should be nothing for a L50 char right?

PlasticoBolha

Rank 0
PlasticoBolha
PostedJul 25, 2011 7:09 am
vovatogex wrote:

Hi every1.
vovatogex, do you read the post? It gave a pretty good example of 2 items, comparing the all the stat points. 1 costs 70 gold, the other costs 0gold. You see? That's the issue.
I must admit, you prove your point in some crazy way. I can understand that you dont feel like this is a scam to you. But and all the other people? You think they pay 70 gold, if they got the same item from a quest allready? C'mon, be honest... =)

tabbie80

Rank 0
tabbie80
PostedJul 25, 2011 2:22 pm
weird, i have the max fame for silverneedle now, but when i try to get the book, it only show the lvl 40:/ or do i need finish a quest to get the 2nd quest?

Kevlar33

Rank 0
PostedJul 25, 2011 3:19 pm
tabbie80 wrote:
weird, i have the max fame for silverneedle now, but when i try to get the book, it only show the lvl 40:/ or do i need finish a quest to get the 2nd quest?  

There was a bug reported about 2 weeks back, after the zumi/heroic update- some of the fame items in Aven were no longer purchaseable. I don't know if they ever fixed it. If not, that might be your problem. Even if you needed to do book 1 before doing book 2, the system wouldn't normally stop you from BUYING the quest