landington

Rank 0
landington
PostedJun 28, 2011 1:36 pm

how should i build up my illusionist?

there are too many skills, and all of them seem like they could help it... so how should i spread the points ? the knowledge points u kno
Advertisement

brom92494

Rank 2
brom92494
PostedJun 28, 2011 1:39 pm
You can go a few ways with illu. Most people create a crit build, focusing on increasing crit chance and damage with similar gear. You can also go full support, focusing on buffing your team and upgrading your team buffs. You can also go a more in-between route but I wouldn't suggest that. Being good at everything but great at nothing is kinda...ehh.

catastros

Rank 0
catastros
PostedJun 28, 2011 2:12 pm
Who cares about crit rate? on a youtube video i have seen on the TW version, the cap is level 50 there also, an illusionist had 1500 cast speed, with buffs mind you. (Stimulation) and it took him like 0.1 seconds to cast Deadly icicle, who cares about crit rate/dmg when you can out-damage them with alot of cast speed.

I admit, i did build for m-crit, but once my illu is level 50, im going to switch to cast speed.

Liddokun

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Liddokun
PostedJun 28, 2011 3:01 pm
I been playing my illusionist a bit... for solo build you're most potent spell is deadly icicle and you'd want fast casting maxed or as high as possible. Your pet is kinda weak but it is useful as it gives your damage spells 10% buff when it is up (altho it doesn't says so on the tooltip). In a party your main job is refresh everyone's mana and cast simulation and also contribute a bit in the DPS.

ChronaSE

Rank 0
ChronaSE
PostedJun 29, 2011 12:06 am
I really don't think fast cast helps without a decent m-crit rate. Having fast cast but can't one or two shot stuff is like having slow cast but really high m-crit rate, so i'd suggest to get both.

ZeVendetta

Rank 0
PostedJun 29, 2011 1:14 am
ChronaSE wrote:
I really don't think fast cast helps without a decent m-crit rate. Having fast cast but can't one or two shot stuff is like having slow cast but really high m-crit rate, so i'd suggest to get both.  

Fast cast speed > Crit rate when it comes to PvP. In a PvP setting I'd much rather be able to cast Deadly Icicles in under one second rather than 2 seconds, because chances are you wouldn't finish channeling if it took you that long.

mmorpgxsama

Rank 0
mmorpgxsama
PostedJun 29, 2011 1:26 am
ZeVendetta wrote:
ChronaSE wrote:

Fast cast speed > Crit rate when it comes to PvP. In a PvP setting I'd much rather be able to cast Deadly Icicles in under one second rather than 2 seconds, because chances are you wouldn't finish channeling if it took you that long.  

Id rather have 70% cast speed then 30% mcrit rate

lilshaud1

Rank 0
PostedJul 01, 2011 6:08 am
yea and never hit anyone in the process.. it like u throwing shards at ppl with ur eyes closed and hope u land a hit.. i rather have reliable Acc. /w high DPS rather than fast cast with low acc. and with "ehh" DPS!

fabriomg

Rank 0
PostedNov 05, 2011 9:12 pm
so guys is it better going all to fast speed cast spells or balance with m-crit? ... mmm cause im actually going all casting speed ...

Bapex729

Rank 0
Bapex729
PostedNov 06, 2011 8:45 am
If you are using a cast spd set like rainbow onyx you don't need more than 10 pts to cast spd talent for the bonus talent for stimulation. I'm currently using lv58 silent energy set with m crit rate enchantments and waiting for Lv2 Lck elimination gems from my seller. I can get 80% cast spd with stim buffs and procs from Angela trophy and the cape from highland. I could get more if I got the necklace also but I prefer ripple necklace. Rest of my KP went to m crit rate and dmg

Posted By Aeria Mobile