CarnivorousVeg

Rank 0
PostedJun 28, 2011 9:34 am

Constant internet disconnections.

Disconnection of internet while playing Eden Eternal.
It's basically as the title says. My wireless internet is constantly disconnecting while, and only during, my playing of Eden Eternal. Doing other activities, or other games, does not bring up the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing thing?
Advertisement

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 28, 2011 10:37 am
nope, i play on a laptop thru my wireless as does my partner, no disconnects cause by the game. Check your wifi strength to make sure its good. make sure its on a channel that is not being used by your neighbors. you may have to switch to a wired connection if your wireless is not stable.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

CarnivorousVeg

Rank 0
PostedJun 28, 2011 5:48 pm
celestar wrote:
nope, i play on a laptop thru my wireless as does my partner, no disconnects cause by the game. Check your wifi strength to make sure its good. make sure its on a channel that is not being used by your neighbors. you may have to switch to a wired connection if your wireless is not stable.  

I see, then it must be a problem on my side. Thank you for the information.

lcbeers2

Rank 0
PostedJun 28, 2011 10:45 pm
It's not just you. While playing this game I randomly get disconnected and I have to reset my router to get it to work again. I thought my router was starting to break but I came here just out of curiosity and I see your post right up top with the same problem. This is the only game this happens with. Glad I'm not alone in this.

glindenm

Rank 0
glindenm
PostedJan 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Same

I get disconnected plenty also. It's only on my desktop though, it never happens on my Laptop. My dad said something about how Eden eternal keeps connecting to our internet adress and it disrupts my connection to the internet. I haven't been having much problems anymore after playing it more often. I just had to restart router each time and disconnect and reconnect to my internet. I don't know if you are having the same problem though :/ hope this helps a little.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJan 07, 2012 7:28 pm
i've never had to restart my router for EE. Not disconnect issue and i'm on wireless as well as my wife. Not sure what is causing your router to freak out. What you could try is to setup a DMZ on your router, stick place your computer in the DMZ and relax the security in the DMZ and see if that is more stable. That will at least segregate your computer from the rest of your network and not have to reboot your router all the time.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Cchibi

Rank 1
Cchibi
PostedJan 10, 2012 10:22 pm
The same thing happens to me sometimes, but what I find is that restarting your router every so often and also keep an eye out so that it doesn't overheat or anything ^^

filmoret

Rank 0
PostedJan 01, 2013 6:07 pm
I am using Verizon wireless hotspot and I keep getting booted from my isp connection as well. I have to reset my router in order to get back on internet. I been on the internet since 1996 so don't assume I'm an idiot and give me some noob response. There's something wrong with the way Eden Eternal connects to my computer that causes this problem.

Jueldia

Rank 0
Jueldia
PostedJan 01, 2013 6:20 pm
Let's not necro threads from 2011, 'kay? Better to make your own thread.

Server: Sapphire Characters: Nataleigh, Dehlia, Lauryl

filmoret

Rank 0
PostedJan 01, 2013 6:31 pm
You are totally right since there is zero solutions on the old thread lets start a new one hoping for a solution. Or maybe we need to notice that this thread which was started a while ago and where did that guy go? Maybe he got sick of it and left the game cuz it never was addressed. If I keep getting disconnected like this then I'm not going to play this game.