UnluckyOrpheus

Rank 3
UnluckyOrpheus
PostedJun 28, 2011 12:26 am   Last edited by UnluckyOrpheus on Jun 28, 2011 3:54 am. Edited 13 times in total

Stat Formulas

As of now, have calculated how to derive EVA rate. May do more if response is positive.
I'm a huge numbers nerd. So naturally, I like to maximize my potential in a game by knowing just what affects WHAT as far as stats, gear, and other things go.

For example, I have found out what affects your Evasion percentage. Bear with me, the formula looks far more complicating than it is -

Evasion Rate Formula wrote:
Evasion rate % = 5.00 + ([([E + AGI] + ([EVA x T] + [EVA x K]) x C] x .068)

-AGI = Agility stat
-E = EVA offered by equipment (A positive integer)
-C = Certificate bonuses to EVA (Always a %, so change the % into a decimal)
-K = Knowledge points (any % added by knowledge points in your knowledge tree) (Always a %, so change the % into a decimal)
-T = Thief +30% bonus (if Thief class). If Thief Class, insert "0.3." If not Thief Class , insert "0."
-EVA = E + AGI  

By knowing this information, I know how best to maximize my evasion rate, and just how much certificates, gear, and stats factor into it. If you take the time examining this formula, you too can know this.

Now, the point of this thread - Is anyone else interested in this sort of stuff? Should I continue to work backwards to get complete formulas on all stats for characters, and create a guide with all of this information? Or is this just something nobody's really into?

Another question - Is there already a site/guide somewhere that has already DONE all of this? If there is, then please let me know, so I can stop wasting my time blazing the already-paved road.

Thanks, guys. : >

UPDATE - The guide seems to at the very least have some players' mild interest. So here's a (currently) incomplete formula for Accuracy. I'll be working on completing it tonight.

Incomplete Accuracy Rate Formula wrote:
Accuracy rate % = 1.00 + ([(A + LUCK) x C] x .068)

-LUCK = Luck stat
-A = ACC offered by equipment,
-C = Certificate Bonuses to ACC  

I expect this to actually be VERY similar (if not exact aside from some obvious differences) to EVA's formula.

------------------------------------

Thanks and appreciation go to my girlfriend (forums name "Alerym/not_this_word) for putting up with my "Stats, STATS, STATS" ramblings, and for assisting me on getting some of my raw values used in testing.

<center><center>
Advertisement

Amirrora

Rank 3
Amirrora
PostedJun 28, 2011 12:31 am
Erpp... I'd be interested if I understood it. I'm VERY bad at math. D;

But from what I'm getting here, you figured out the numbers that tell you exactly what effects the percentage of certain stats.

I'm sure a lot of technical players would be VERY interested in such a guide (such as my fiancee), and I'm pretty sure one hasn't been done yet.

coles1

Rank 0
coles1
PostedJun 28, 2011 12:36 am
Dang, how long did it take to figure that out? :c

Well it's nice to know what to focus on, but I'm also curious about how much eva % changes with mobs being higher or lower level than you as well as if it changes with bosses. I don't think there would be any practical way to figure it out though.

A friend of mine and I were also wondering how many WIS points is equal to how many G-Healing points because we can't decide which to put our cleric knowledge points into. It's annoying because there's no G-Healing in the stat window so you can't really tell.

Oh also, what's K? Is it Knight?

UnluckyOrpheus

Rank 3
UnluckyOrpheus
PostedJun 28, 2011 12:46 am   Last edited by UnluckyOrpheus on Jun 28, 2011 12:51 am. Edited 1 time in total
coles1 wrote:
Dang, how long did it take to figure that out? :c

Well it's nice to know what to focus on, but I'm also curious about how much eva % changes with mobs being higher or lower level than you as well as if it changes with bosses. I don't think there would be any practical way to figure it out though.

A friend of mine and I were also wondering how many WIS points is equal to how many G-Healing points because we can't decide which to put our cleric knowledge points into. It's annoying because there's no G-Healing in the stat window so you can't really tell.

Oh also, what's K? Is it Knight?  

G-Healing is going to be another beast entirely to work with, since that's actually a "hidden" stat. We can always total up our total G-Healing, but the impact it has on healing, and the impact WIS has on it in turn, is something we can't see. I may be unable to do anything with my current methods of working backwards to derive the significance of WIS on G-Healing.

Also, can't believe I forgot to notate what "K" meant. "K" means knowledge points, like if you put points into a knowledge trait that increases EVA by a certain % (1% per point for Knight trait "Weight Training"). I've updated the opening post to reflect that. Thanks for catching it!

<center><center>

canovari

Rank 0
PostedJun 28, 2011 12:48 am

Re: Stat Formulas

As of now, have calculated how to derive EVA rate. May do more if response is positive.
UnluckyOrpheus wrote:

-E = EVA offered by equipment
-C = Certificate bonuses to EVA
-T = Thief +30% bonus (if Thief class). If not Thief class, replace with "0"
-EVA = E + AGI  

>

What is "K"?

UnluckyOrpheus

Rank 3
UnluckyOrpheus
PostedJun 28, 2011 12:49 am

canovari wrote:
UnluckyOrpheus wrote:

-EVA = E + AGI  

>

What is "K"?  

Apologies for not having that in the original post, it's been updated now. "K" is any % added by knowledge points in your knowledge tree.

<center><center>

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedJun 28, 2011 12:51 am

canovari wrote:
UnluckyOrpheus wrote:

-EVA = E + AGI  

>

What is "K"?  

your a very... person....

look in the post above u...

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJun 28, 2011 1:10 am
Just a note that these are speculative and may be inaccurate. We'll never have access to the game mechanics (stupid x-legend) so we can't know for sure.

<center></center>

coles1

Rank 0
coles1
PostedJun 28, 2011 1:17 am
I'll test it out later with my char.

UnluckyOrpheus

Rank 3
UnluckyOrpheus
PostedJun 28, 2011 1:27 am
LordRapthorne wrote:
Just a note that these are speculative and may be inaccurate. We'll never have access to the game mechanics (stupid x-legend) so we can't know for sure.  

Well, while I can't 100% guarantee this information is correct (that would require testing, testing, and more testing, which I have not done yet), this is information I have personally found through working backwards under many different situations and conditions. It would make me very happy to have other players join me in this testing. As is the same with the scientific formula, we can't reach anywhere near a good conclusion without boatloads of testing to work out inconsistencies.

In any case, a guide giving rough estimates on derived stat formulas is better than no guide at all, assuming the guide itself is still accurate to some degree. And this one is.

That is the point of this guide.

<center><center>