ittoujuu

Aeria: Admin
ittoujuu
PostedJun 27, 2011 5:13 pm   Last edited by ittoujuu on Sep 27, 2011 12:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total

A Dash of Lime - Update on Lime Odyssey's Progress

Ahoy, me Limeys!

The anticipation for Lime Odyssey on these forums is almost palpable, and that makes us a glad bunch. It’s no secret that we’ve been pretty quiet about the game for several months, and in the absence of concrete info, theories and wild speculation arise, so we’d like to let you all know what’s going on with Lime Odyssey.

We announced Lime Odyssey last winter, soon after we licensed it, and we were prepared to get right to work on it in 2011 and start a Closed Beta this summer. However, two factors altered that trajectory. The first was that work on the game in Korea is still very much ongoing. They haven’t launched their open beta yet, and the game has been through multiple Closed Betas. The game’s Korean publisher has been working closely with Sirius Entertainment, its developer, to polish the game into something players will enjoy. We recently got our hands on a Korean CB client, and believe me, there’s a lot of care being put into Lime Odyssey.

The second factor is that, in between the time we announced Lime Odyssey and now, we picked up, localized, and released another entire game, Eden Eternal. Our latent mental powers are great, but not so great that we could work on two games of that scale at once, so Eden Eternal got the first release, because it was ready to roll. We’ve also been working on a couple other projects, in various states of progress, so we’re not resting on our laurels. You’ll be happy to know that we have started working on Lime Odyssey’s localization, so the great gears that drive the release process are now in motion.

So what does this mean for you, the players?

First of all, it means we’re not releasing Lime Odyssey this summer. I know the change to the landing page for the game set off a new wave of speculation, but the fact is, if we launched Lime Odyssey right now, it wouldn’t be the game you’re looking forward to playing. We ourselves are dependent on the progress of the Korean version’s development – we’re working at their pace, and we’re looking forward to providing you with additional updates soon.

Let me point out some silver linings, though. Foremost is the “happy coincidence” of not being the first territory to receive a game. If the Korean version launches months before we do, they’re sure to discover some bugs and problems, and get to work on fixing them. By the time we get our official English version ready to launch, you won’t run into many (most? Hopefully all?) of those issues because they will have already been resolved. You’ll start the game enjoying a more polished experience than those who got it first.

Secondly, I don’t want to raise expectations unduly, but I know many of you are looking forward to playing as a character from the mouselike race, the Pam. Korea’s Lime Odyssey isn’t going to have them in at launch, and we may not either, but a later launch means less time between the game’s official start and the introduction of the Pam.

Lastly, Lime Odyssey is now set up to be the major release in its release period. It doesn’t have to brush up against other games, and that means it’ll receive a full helping of TLC from Aeria’s release, localization, and marketing teams. We want this game to be a great success; something lots of people see and say “Wow, that looks so cool. I wanna try that out!” Of course, when we have concrete information about an upcoming Closed Beta, you, the faithful limeys, will be the first to hear about it.

I hope this answers a lot of the questions that have been burning in your minds, causing you to toss and turn at night from lack of sleep. Look forward to more Lime Odyssey info in the coming months, as Valk swoops in with exclusive screenshots, info, and pictures of attractive catgirls/handsome human guys.

Thanks for your enthusiasm for the game – be sure to keep some citrus in your diet.

+ ittoujuu

::all the lights in the sky are stars::
Advertisement

dan2much

Rank 2
dan2much
PostedJun 27, 2011 5:37 pm
omg thank you for the update, take all the time you need to make this game as perfect as you can as possible Very Happy

background is Mugen Souls

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedJun 27, 2011 5:42 pm
second!!!!

imad bro

Baqir

Rank 1
Baqir
PostedJun 27, 2011 6:00 pm
I just discovered this game yesterday, and I've been really excited about playing it, but like everyone else, was wondering where the updates were Laughing So thanks a lot for this; it's unfortunate we won't get it this summer, but I'm glad to hear it's going to get so much attention from you guys. Especially you, Ittou, I've missed you in GF-land XD To this day I have a happy fit when I level an alt high enough to read Tears of the Sea Babe again! Can we look forward to anything as fabulous as that from you in LO? 8D

Naavaeh

Rank 0
Naavaeh
PostedJun 27, 2011 6:22 pm
Thanks so much, this definitely helps. <3

LordTousen

Rank 0
LordTousen
PostedJun 27, 2011 6:28 pm
Thanks for the information. This really helps.

Iyeru

Rank 4
Iyeru
PostedJun 27, 2011 6:33 pm
LordTousen wrote:
Thanks for the information. This really helps.  

Plus One

Ketsukie

Rank 0
Ketsukie
PostedJun 27, 2011 6:42 pm
Thanks for the update.

But it was somewhat obvious the game wasn't going to be coming out this summer if you follow the Korean site at all and the lack of updates on their side as well.

Zyrein

Rank 4
Zyrein
PostedJun 27, 2011 6:45 pm
Totally Excited.

aeriagloris121

Rank 1
aeriagloris121
PostedJun 27, 2011 7:02 pm
its disappointing about the CB not coming out this summer but I shall wait with excitement. yay! Surprised