Jemmeh

Rank 2
Jemmeh
PostedJun 25, 2011 6:16 pm   Last edited by Jemmeh on Jul 28, 2011 12:16 am. Edited 13 times in total

Why YOU should play every class.

& why playing just the class you like hurts you

Please read the opening post before commenting based only on the Title of the thread. Thank you!

Having a "main" class is normal--you will probably find a class or two that you really
like. However if you don't try out the other classes and level them at least a little it can hurt the very class that you DO like. I'm not saying you have to keep all your classes at the same level--but playing the others at least a little can really help.

Level Cap

Your CLASS level cannot exceed your CHARACTER level. That means you're slowing yourself down on leveling the class that you like if you stick with the same one.

Certificates

Certificates come in all shapes in sizes. From (EVA +4%) to (MP Cost -2%) each class has it's own set of certificates for you to use. These certificates can be used on other classes. That means I can put a Mage's ( Malice -5%) on my Engineer so that I don't pull aggro if I want to. Furthermore, there is a "Yellow Stone" between all the certificates that changes based on the certificates around it. You can get new "Yellow Stone" bonuses by having more kinds of certificates.

NOTE: You need 2 or more of the same colored certificates to activate the yellow stone. It will be dimmed and not active otherwise.

Expertise

You can access your Expertise score by pressing "K" and selecting the "Class Roster" tab. It is located in the bottom left.

Expertise level is based on "Class Score."
Class Score is based on each classes's level. Since it is easier to level at lower levels, this can bring your "Class Score" up faster.

Here is why that matters:
Expertise is basically a set of Bonus Stats.

Class Expertise Level 1
Max HP and MP +75, ATK & M-ATK +84, G-Healing +9

Class Expertise Level 2
Max HP and MP +75, ATK & M-ATK +101, G-Healing +11

Class Expertise Level 3
Max HP and MP +136, ATK & M-ATK +181, G-Healing +20

The list goes on--it's very useful so check it out. Make it your goal to get to the next Class Expertise level!

Dungeons

Never get stuck calling for a certain class ever again! If you need a tank and all you see are healers, you can swap to your tank!

Also, some bosses are more susceptible to certain classes. For example, on bosses with hard hitting AOEs, having both a knight in and a Martial Artist in would not be a good idea. Instead, the Martial artist could swap to a ranged DPS for the boss-- and back to their hard hitting martial artist for mobs without those difficult AOEs.

Certain Skills
Certain Skills are extremely useful even if you are not heavily focusing on that class:
(This is just some.)

Mage: Spatial Conversion: Teleports any members of your party who are on the same map as you to the last soul guardian you marked at. This can really save you time especially on the larger maps.
Cleric: Hard Truth (MP+HP Buff 15 minutes), Grace of Wisdom (INT+, WIS+ 15 minutes), Light Blessing (Luck, Nature & Holy Resist 15 minutes), Revive (Reduces EXP loss vs reviving to town/saves you from running all the way back through a dung)
Illusionist: Mind Surge (Restores MP, can be used between pulls to speed things up)
Shaman Several 15 minute buffs...sorry don't have all the info on them. P:
Bard Poem of Wind (Swap to your bard, buff yourself and GO! Increases Movement Speed 10% 15 minutes)
Thief Sneak (Get to bosses safely)

Personal Notes
A great way to get to play your favorite classes is to pick TWO main classes. For example, I play mostly Knight and Engineer--I play the other classes when I am doing guild quests or easier quests because they catch up faster and I don't need to be quite so uber outside of the dungeons. So yes--I do play ALL of the classes. This bit of effort helps my main classes. Smile

TLDR; Play different classes, it helps.
Advertisement

TsunamiWind

Rank 3
TsunamiWind
PostedJun 25, 2011 6:56 pm
From my experiences, a "pure" has never out damaged someone half their class level, out healed, or tanked nearly as well as anyone who trained all around because of those expertise bonuses. When I am lookin for people to join parties with, if I see someone who looks like a pure now, I avoid them because they just arn't as good as someone who's level'd all around.

azureleaf437

Rank 0
azureleaf437
PostedJun 25, 2011 7:09 pm
Very nice propaganda!

I agree with this thread Very Happy [although usually i dont like leveling classes i dont like]

I do agree to the fact that having a WIDE array of classes will not only help in soloing but will help in party play.

During CB, I went to the Tree Dungeon [lol i forgot the name] and my party had to rely on me for tanking/healing !! O_O

they both were DPS so....I had to switch to healer and/or tank for them and as well be a DPS at some other strategy we made. We had a VERY hard time finishing the Dungeon-- Especially on the last Boss.

Wide array of classes=good

I have at least 3 classes I want to use/or will use.

mmorpgxsama

Rank 0
mmorpgxsama
PostedJun 26, 2011 1:33 am
TsunamiWind wrote:
From my experiences, a "pure" has never out damaged someone half their class level, out healed, or tanked nearly as well as anyone who trained all around because of those expertise bonuses. When I am lookin for people to join parties with, if I see someone who looks like a pure now, I avoid them because they just arn't as good as someone who's level'd all around.  

u kidding right? ur telling me a pure 50/50 illusionist wont out dps a hybrid illusionist that is 50/35+?, as for a pure class not being a good player its just depends on a player, i mean like an all around player like can suck if they dont know what ther doing n stuf like that

ngazi

Rank 1
PostedJun 26, 2011 1:35 am
I can't get any of my classes near my character class what do I do?

Jemmeh

Rank 2
Jemmeh
PostedJun 26, 2011 9:59 am
ngazi wrote:
I can't get any of my classes near my character class what do I do?  

Why exactly do you -want- this? XD You can't level your class past your character level.

If that's what you meant...?

TsunamiWind

Rank 3
TsunamiWind
PostedJun 26, 2011 9:59 am
mmorpgxsama wrote:
TsunamiWind wrote:

u kidding right? ur telling me a pure 50/50 illusionist wont out dps a hybrid illusionist that is 50/35+?, as for a pure class not being a good player its just depends on a player, i mean like an all around player like can suck if they dont know what ther doing n stuf like that  

Not kidding, in my case ill have 600 more m-attack alone than the pure due to my expertise. Oh and HP and MP

leXieh

Rank 3
leXieh
PostedJun 26, 2011 12:13 pm
awesome thing you've made there <3 and i bet people will start working on all classes as soon they reach lvl 50 on character and their favourite class. but ofcourse there are already people who did that..and they can't be bothered with their other job Sad

fiftynine59

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2011 12:21 pm
Jemmeh wrote:
NOTE: Not all combinations activate the yellow stone. Most seem to, but make sure you check. It will appear dimmed if it is not active.

To activate one of these bonuses you have to equip two or more certificates of the same colour (yellow, orange, blue, purple, green.)

TsunamiWind wrote:
Not kidding, in my case ill have 600 more m-attack alone than the pure due to my expertise. Oh and HP and MP  

Your spells will be lower levelled. You will have fewer knowledge points. Your gear may not be as good because you were spreading out your quest rewards or breaking the bank trying to keep everything up to date. Oh and here's the kicker: YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CHARM ANYTHING.

hibernus

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2011 12:30 pm
I so very much support this. I'm tired of telling people they should, at the very least, get the party teleport and rez with mage/cleric to help out

(currently lvling my mage, illusionist, cleric,bard, and sometimes my knight)