imbamaskels

Rank 0
PostedJun 25, 2011 9:00 pm
ok i deleted _Launcher but everytime i run the Launcher (without _ ofc) the one with _ just keeps coming back and i keep crashing.. game was fine for me yesterday. UI Cache OFF, compatibility for XP 3 etc. =/
Advertisement

iiFlipii

Rank 0
iiFlipii
PostedJun 25, 2011 9:14 pm
your not suppose to delete it if its working :O

imbamaskels

Rank 0
PostedJun 25, 2011 10:17 pm
game was working fine yesterday, so i followed this guide coz i kept crashing when i started it today.

Veeatie

Rank 0
PostedJun 25, 2011 10:54 pm
what happens to me is i can log on, i can select server and chennal, i can even select character and start game, but a few seconds after i log on my game dies, however my alt accounts can log on just fine and play as long as i want them too, only my main dies, could the area hes in be broken or somthing?

21glitch

Rank 0
21glitch
PostedJun 26, 2011 12:48 am
oVermillion wrote:
21glitch wrote:
I deleted my shortcut on the desktop and I'm not sure whether my taskbar has the same link to the application. I'm not on my computer right now so I can't check. Just in case, what exactly is the name of the application to start the patcher?  

When you go to my computer>C: drive:>Aeria games> Eden eternal> there should be an application call Launcher without the " _ " on the bottom  

Thanks! One last question though: Does this eliminate the need to "set affinity" and "set priority" in the task manager?

Etchavious

Rank 0
Etchavious
PostedJun 26, 2011 1:09 am
I believe setting those was an attempted workaround from the GameSages. In all honesty, you should never have to mess around with those types of settings. If it was indeed necessary, then those properly running the game with multi-core machines would also have to perform those manual steps (which they're not).

If per chance changing those settings actually have an effect on your client, I'd suggest using them until they patch again. At which time, attempt to stop using the settings and see if the patch fixed it. If it works, great...looks like perhaps something in the patch resolved the issue. Otherwise, continue to use it going forward.

TBH, if changing those settings has not had any effect on your client, then no use continuing to change them every time. Perhaps I'm wrong on this; however, I've played in countless betas and I don't ever recall that type of a fix actually making a difference.

lycandragoon

Rank 0
lycandragoon
PostedJun 26, 2011 1:25 am
Etchavious wrote:
I believe setting those was an attempted workaround from the GameSages. In all honesty, you should never have to mess around with those types of settings. If it was indeed necessary, then those properly running the game with multi-core machines would also have to perform those manual steps (which they're not).

If per chance changing those settings actually have an effect on your client, I'd suggest using them until they patch again. At which time, attempt to stop using the settings and see if the patch fixed it. If it works, great...looks like perhaps something in the patch resolved the issue. Otherwise, continue to use it going forward.

TBH, if changing those settings has not had any effect on your client, then no use continuing to change them every time. Perhaps I'm wrong on this; however, I've played in countless betas and I don't ever recall that type of a fix actually making a difference.  

Worked for me.

Etchavious

Rank 0
Etchavious
PostedJun 26, 2011 1:31 am
Okay, well then I suppose for this instance (regarding this game) I stand corrected.

21glitch use it if you need to still, simple as that I suppose. I apologize for any misleading information in regards to this situation.

imbamaskels

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2011 2:20 am
same problem as Veeatie 5-10 secs in game then crash =/ really disappointing

saekit808

Rank 0
PostedJun 26, 2011 2:56 am
Hi again Vermillion. Thanks for posting this. So my bf's game worked after deleting the _Launcher, but when he tried playing the next day it crashed again! So he tried deleting the _Launcher again, but it didn't help this time and now whenever he logs on it automatically crashes. He's kind of giving up hope on this game all together.
I'm wondering if it'll help if he deletes his temp folder, like Etchavious said?