viriesque

Rank 0
viriesque
PostedJun 24, 2011 5:12 am   Last edited by viriesque on Jun 24, 2011 5:29 am. Edited 2 times in total

Summer Symphony [OOC]

Planning. Connecting. Discussion.
Grand Fantasia provides an excellent opportunity for fans of anime [seinen and shoujo alike] to immerse themselves in a magical world with costumes, awesome powers, enchanted sprites, fearsome monsters and teaming up with friends to overcome the obstacles in their way!

Do you sometimes feel that your character has a story that could be told? Do you enjoy pretending your character has a personality all their own? If so, this could be what you have been looking for!

Summer Symphony...
is a role-playing tale centered around a group of heroes as they come from all different walks of life and as they move towards all different types of goals. Some are motivated by power, others by desire for riches...still others are motivated by love! What is your story? What part will you play in this Summer Symphony?

Things to Note
[*] It is free-form (which means there are no Dungeons & Dragons type dice-rolls or character tables necessary to play)
[*] A small character sheet is needed to play (and it will be provided below).
[*] This tale will be held and acted both in-game and on-forum.
[*]Currently on the Gaia server!

Interested?
Simply fill out this character sheet and you will be added into the story! ^^

Code:

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Likes & Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Secret Hope:[/b]
[b]Secret Fear:[/b]

[b]Goal that Motivates:[/b]

[b]Sprite Name:[/b]
[b]Sprite Personality/Powers:[/b]

A note about Aiyame: She has been writing and role-playing for over 10 years and loves to help others explore all the possibilities of their own creative writing potential!
Advertisement

viriesque

Rank 0
viriesque
PostedJun 24, 2011 5:25 am

Aiyame's Character Sheet

Character Name: Aiyame
Character Age: 27
Class: Cleric

Personality: She is soft spoken and very shy. She also has a very tender and compassionate heart and will give her very best effort at any task she undertakes. Being very devout, she is also very reserved, but she has a deep desire in her heart to transform herself into someone more womanly, one day.

Likes & Dislikes: She loves the Moonlight & Enchanted Forests, using her powers to heal others and chocolate cake! She really dislikes anything pickled (ew!) and hates to see suffering of any kind.

Secret Hope: Being able to heal someone's heart of heartache and sorrow.
Secret Fear: Not being good enough for an important task and letting others down.

Goal that Motivates: Supporting others.

Sprite Name: Chiisaya
Sprite Personality/Powers: Chiisaya is a female sprite who, like her master, is very shy and soft spoken. She speaks only in whispers...unless she is VERY excited in which case she yells everything out! She is very skilled at salvaging and uses those magical components to boost Aiyame's own powers in the heat of battle.

Fesivio

Rank 0
PostedJul 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Hmm

This sounds very interesting, however I do not favor the other server Gaia since its new and most of them are botting, what do you intend to do if this is the case?

I am a discouraged but it is very tempting, and would this be similar to some sort of play with a recording device? I will be planning to make a character, and i hope its not too late.

viriesque

Rank 0
viriesque
PostedJul 19, 2011 1:09 pm
Thankfully, we also have forums for RP!

If you're interested in the idea, but not on the server, we can always make allowances and have two RP things going on at once.

The first order of business is to get your characters made Smile

Fesivio

Rank 0
PostedJul 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Character Set

Character Name: Aurecleu
Character Age: 23
Class: Berserker

Personality: Does not deviate much from maturity or the opposite; just seem serious most of the time. Although he has different opinions he likes to stay open and usually be willing to hear others. His inner incentive is to find a reason to keep moving on despite his optimistic view towards life itself. Regardless of any dire situation he prefer to stay cautious even if it means having a small chat.

Likes & Dislikes: The only thing he mostly likes is crafting things as it makes him feels successful. He also likes to boast off his powerful skills and drink lots of soda pops. His dislikes out weighs the normal capacity of a normal being; he hates people for not being "reasonable" or "understanding."

Secret Hope: His only desire is to stay in the present and enjoy things thought out for himself.
Secret Fear: Being ridiculed and criticized

Goal that Motivates: Being productive and successful.

Sprite Name: Prayleton
Sprite Personality/Powers: Often said both that Aurecleu and Prayleton seems to match with unsual name and origin; that was what draw Prayleton's inner self of rationality and selfishness as viewed by others. Despite his rude remarks towards his big companion, he is willing and committed to his own master. He is most skilled at making axes and as well as swords.

Note
What is RP? can you explain it a little more clearer; im still a bit confused
Ill be responding back later just to shorten things out little by little

viriesque

Rank 0
viriesque
PostedJul 25, 2011 5:25 am
RP stands for 'role-playing' and is the art of actually putting yourself in your character's shoes. In RP, you think about this fictional character's thoughts and feelings -- how they respond to a fight, or a friend...or their own sprite, it all comes back to playing pretend.

In practical application, RP can happen here on the forums. Our characters can meet and either have a conversation, have to work together in a fight...there are so many possibilities! Is the scene set in Kaslow, where perhaps they stumble into one another while turning a corner, or chasing after a runaway sprite? Or is it set somewhere in a forest, where they meet in a dark graveyard filled with undead monsters?

Writing the context and describing what your characters are doing is how you do forum RP:

She could see her breath. It really had gotten colder since she stepped into this portion of the Plague forest. Aiyame took careful steps, so as not to rouse any undead citizen's attention. These unnatural creatures scared her...

Chiisaya was at her side, walking along with a worried expression on her blue face, "Master," she whispered, "I don't get a good feeling here."

"Neither do I, Chii-chan," Aiyame replied, trying to shake off her own fear and be strong for her Sprite. After all, she was a Sprite Guardian! She had to face many dangers in the world...just...not all of them made such a terrible, bone-grinding noise when they moved!

Aiyame could see what she'd come for, a scrap of paper that lay disguarded on the ground ahead of her. She approached it with a quickened pace.

"Master!" Chiisaya cried out in a shrill voice.

The cleric whirled around with wide eyes, her heart racing within her chest, to see what her Sprite was looking at...  

That's just an example of how something could start!

This particular thread is for OOC information - Out of Character planning, explaining, etc. We would need to start a new thread of IC - In Character - role play.

Fesivio

Rank 0
PostedJul 25, 2011 11:01 am
I see, i understand now a bit better ill be looking forward to this rp forum lol.
Sadly i dont have much time in my hands as i thought i would however i will come back and join in for this occ symphony i will be checking it out and what not for the new thread.
If your waiting for more people to join then i understand it would take a while.

LeonTheMonster

Rank 0
LeonTheMonster
PostedAug 07, 2011 4:49 pm

My RP

Made new one,hope you don't mind :P
Character Name:Naruto9Tails(Naru-for short)
Character Age:17
Class:Templar

Personality:He's nice and caring person.He comes from wealthy Kaslow familly.At age of 16 he became templar by order of Duke Posolain.He's reliable and responsible,he puts all his effort in every mission he gets.He's nice to everyone,and always protects weak and poor-that's why most citizens of Kaslow like him.

Likes & Dislikes:Likes to party a lot and have fun,dislikes anything that has to do with evil.

Secret Hope:That he'll make Saphael better place for humanity.
Secret Fear:Letting people down and losing dear persons.

Goal that Motivates:To become general like his grandfather.

Sprite Name:NineTailFox(Nine-for short)
Sprite Personality/Powers:He's strong sprite,he choosed Naru cuz' he saw great potential in him.He's like Naru,likes to party a lot and hates anything that has to do with evil.He's speciality are swords,althou he don't work on it much cuz' he's mostly on battlefield with Naru,then in cottage training.

LeonTheMonster

Rank 0
LeonTheMonster
PostedAug 07, 2011 8:49 pm

when?

vini when we gonna start with that?