killad07

Rank 0
killad07
PostedJul 14, 2011 8:27 pm
Thx, this is helpful for me since i just started and got really confused when random bots started pming me @.@ I dont know how advance the hackers (or wanna be hackers >.>) running these bots are, but wouldnt active gms sending them ip bans help somewhat? or perhaps developing a system such as the one on, well I dont know if we can discuss other MMO's but there is a system on a certain one where players are made into "cops" of their server and are able to send bots to a "prison" and they arent allowed to chat from there. Eden is new, but im sure with time such a system should be possible. Only problem with that system is finding trust worthy people x.x but since it worked there as the "cops" were voted on and well known, it could possibly work here.
Advertisement

fantasykristal

Rank 1
fantasykristal
PostedJul 14, 2011 9:15 pm
anyone figureout how to stop them from mailing you yet?
since the whisper problem is easy to solve thanks to this =D

Katsushige

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2011 10:16 pm
This only prevents you from getting whispers from most of the bots.

Some still have managed to find me somehow...

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedJul 14, 2011 10:22 pm
fantasykristal wrote:
Even in Grand Fantasia, no one has ever found a solution to this until now.

Once you've been seen by the gold seller, that's it. Your name will be on their list for like forever until they go bankrupt and don't come to the game anymore.
So, for now, the only solution to reduce the mailbox spamming by the gold sellers is to make them go bankrupt ASAP lol

fantasykristal

Rank 1
fantasykristal
PostedJul 15, 2011 7:02 pm
crystalpink wrote:
fantasykristal wrote:
Even in Grand Fantasia, no one has ever found a solution to this until now.

Once you've been seen by the gold seller, that's it. Your name will be on their list for like forever until they go bankrupt and don't come to the game anymore.
So, for now, the only solution to reduce the mailbox spamming by the gold sellers is to make them go bankrupt ASAP lol  

ohh.. well thats just great :/

Fungeek375

Rank 0
Fungeek375
PostedJul 15, 2011 8:23 pm
Well considering that this game has a mail system in the first place, why not implement a junk/spam folder like they do for normal mail? That should get rid of repeated messages from the same spammer at least, and you could do that for any spammer you get a mail from. It doesn't solve everything, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill every monster you meet" Modified Team Fortress 2 Sniper Quote.

Moon_Phase

Rank 2
Moon_Phase
PostedJul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Bots will still whisper you but at a much reduced rate, since disabling search the only gold spam I receive now is via mail.

kroes12kuka

Rank 0
kroes12kuka
PostedSep 04, 2011 7:34 am
Fungeek375 wrote:
Well considering that this game has a mail system in the first place, why not implement a junk/spam folder like they do for normal mail? That should get rid of repeated messages from the same spammer at least, and you could do that for any spammer you get a mail from. It doesn't solve everything, but it'd be a step in the right direction.  

That would be great if they did that. 'cause now it is really difficult to find the right post between all those spam posts.

NinthX

Rank 0
NinthX
PostedSep 14, 2011 3:58 pm
Zyrein wrote:
shogungari wrote:
Brilliant! Now to burn down their houses.... >:}D  

With the lemons?

Portal ftw Razz

huldu

Rank 0
PostedSep 25, 2011 1:17 am
Whispers are fine, they happen so rarely... the big problem is the ZONE spam. It's the worst i've seen in any mmo so far. The spam kept going every 10-15 sec. The bot seriously made a new account or whatever every 1-2 minute to keep spamming and get past blocking.

1) They need a captcha or similar when registering accounts.
2) What we can assume is that the bots are level 1 characters. To be able to ignore a certain level range in the chat would be a *big* help. It's the same in WoW.

The only solution i see is if they could code it like gold spam addons in WoW that blocks everything that has with gold, real money and certain sites to do. It's actually a lot better than that. If you're in Orgrimmar for example, you'll see the addon catching the buggers spam all the time. But in a "f2p" i don't know, we'll probably never see the end of it, mostly due to the lack of modding.