Zyrein

Rank 4
Zyrein
PostedJun 23, 2011 4:04 pm   Last edited by Zyrein on Jul 15, 2011 2:36 pm. Edited 2 times in total

How to stop gold whispers: Search denied

Hello and welcome! Are you tired of those gold spammers whispering you? Are you afraid to turn your whispers off complete just to avoid them? WELL NO MORE! Here is Eden Eternals NEWEST product! the one! the only! Search denied button!

The search button will hide you from this tab:

Warning: Putting search denied on will hide you from anyone using this who might need a party. Search denied will not hide others with it off from you.

You will find the Search denied button under the Chr tab of your settings:

After you have turned Search denied on you should have next to no whispers from gold spammers anymore.

Hope this helps! ~Eden Eternal GS team

Advertisement

shogungari

Rank 0
PostedJun 23, 2011 4:07 pm
Brilliant! Now to burn down their houses.... >:}D

Zyrein

Rank 4
Zyrein
PostedJun 23, 2011 4:09 pm
shogungari wrote:
Brilliant! Now to burn down their houses.... >:}D  

With the lemons?

Rhia_Shirubia

Rank 5
Rhia_Shirubia
PostedJun 23, 2011 6:58 pm
+ cupcakes for zyzy ~

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedJun 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Hmm, I heard several people still could get whispered even though they have omitted themselves from the search function x.X

I have yet to see if I still can get whispered when I omit myself from the search xD

aminru

Rank 2
aminru
PostedJun 23, 2011 11:53 pm
crystalpink wrote:
Hmm, I heard several people still could get whispered even though they have omitted themselves from the search function x.X

I have yet to see if I still can get whispered when I omit myself from the search xD  

So far nothing on my side, and I started doing this since day... 3 of Open Beta or something around there.

...I still remember when this was first suggested on Grand Fantasia. Oh, the complaints about it being an ineffective way to combat gold whispers. Haha... ._.

n3cr0m33p5

Rank 4
n3cr0m33p5
PostedJun 24, 2011 12:17 am
crystalpink wrote:

It won't prevent direct whispers (i.e. initiated through r-clicking name on chat box or if they can see you (target > whisper) ) but will prevent them from finding you through the Search function and then spamming their message that way.

Prinny.Kaboom

Rank 3
Prinny.Kaboom
PostedJun 24, 2011 12:42 am
n3cr0m33p5 wrote:
crystalpink wrote:

It won't prevent direct whispers (i.e. initiated through r-clicking name on chat box or if they can see you (target > whisper) ) but will prevent them from finding you through the Search function and then spamming their message that way.  

Meaning that it's only effective against bots that aren't in the area you happen to be in. But if you actively use world chat, you're screwed. Not a very effective way to combat bots, honestly, since the same doesn't work on GF and KS. They see you chatting = they whisper you.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedJun 24, 2011 1:31 am
Prinny.Kaboom wrote:
But if you actively use world chat, you're screwed. Not a very effective way to combat bots, honestly, since the same doesn't work on GF and KS. They see you chatting = they whisper you.  

Oooh, no wonder on GF I still got whispered by them every time I chat on the World chat too much even though I have hid myself from search all the time.

On EE, I haven't gotten any single whisper yet coz I don't talk too much on world chat due to lack of world calls xD

Zyrein

Rank 4
Zyrein
PostedJun 24, 2011 1:39 am
Haha, Well I never said it will prevent all gold whispers, Just next to none.