djfrosty13

Rank 0
PostedJun 23, 2011 5:33 am

Full Screen error?

requires min.Directx9.0cverison and the latest grapic card drivers
I Downloaded the game Yesterday & It's giving me the following error,

Requires min.Directx9.0cverison and the latest grapic card drivers

Full Screen error

Problem with this, I'm running the latest DirectX 11 Revision & My Graphics card drivers are up to date as well. Basically everything on this PC is up to date.

Specs;

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel core
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce N430GT
Ram: 2GB DDR2

Driver Versions:
DirectX 11
GeForce 275.33

Windows Vista 32-bit

DXDiag info;
Advertisement

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 23, 2011 7:18 am
try the following: download and run dxwebsetup.exe and let it get any missing directX files. That should fully install all the missing dx9 files onto your dx11. Then run dxdiag and run all the tests in the display tab, if the all pass run the game. if they don't pass, click the save all information button on dxdiag, locate the dxdiag.txt file and copy all of it into a reply.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

djfrosty13

Rank 0
PostedJun 23, 2011 7:29 am
celestar wrote:
try the following: download and run dxwebsetup.exe and let it get any missing directX files. That should fully install all the missing dx9 files onto your dx11. Then run dxdiag and run all the tests in the display tab, if the all pass run the game. if they don't pass, click the save all information button on dxdiag, locate the dxdiag.txt file and copy all of it into a reply.  

Tried the Web setup link you sent me, it told me, "DirectX has determined that a new or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary"

There are no Tests on the display tab, Here is what my Display tab has on it;

The DXDiag is far to big to put here so I'll put it on pastebin, Save people the hassle of downloading an attachment.

http://pastebin.com/BQ8UJW95

I Really want to play, I Played about 3-4 years ago on a crappy old IBM PC that only had like 100MB of ram & it run fine now I can't get it to run on a decent mid range PC?

djfrosty13

Rank 0
PostedJun 23, 2011 8:15 am
Got it to start up, Found out on the shoutbox that Shaiya doesn't so I changed my resolution to 1920x1080.

Now I'm having more issues, I log in & Select server & character, then the game goes non respondent while loading & Then crashes giving me the error, "sgraphic is not responding" I'v tried changing between resolutions & Window mode, Nothing works, not even the default 1024x768

What it's doing;

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 24, 2011 8:01 am
try running shaiya in winxp sp2 compatiblity mode, also make sure to run it as administrator. Or have you already tried that?

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

larosh

Rank 0
larosh
PostedJun 24, 2011 9:44 am
The "sgraphic not responding" message is not an error. The game takes a while to load and if you click or alt-tab switch in the meanwhile Windows give you that message.

Just click on wait longer and wait. It might take a couple of minutes to load if your hard disk is really busy.

pugnera

Rank 2
pugnera
PostedJun 24, 2011 12:32 pm
I'm having his same problem... i did all the tests you guys suggested, downloaded the program and obtained the same results as he did, but the game still shows that error message on launch.

The first time i downloaded the game it opened without problems, but it went directly into fullscreen. I tried to modify that in the graphic options, but i couldn't find a way to turn the fullscreen off, so i changed the resolution. And then the problems started, cause despite selecting a smaller resolution, i couldn't see everything on my monitor and i couldn't even click "ok" on the graphic tab, so i had to exit the game. And now i can't launch it anymore.

kata2213

Rank 3
kata2213
PostedJun 24, 2011 12:53 pm
Try opening the game in windows mode. My boyfriends computer does the same thing, for some reason it wont let him play in full screen. But windows mode its just fine.

On the updater there used to be an option button to change between window mode and full screen, i'm either blind or they took it off.

one way to change it is to go to your C: --> AeriaGames --> Shaiya and open up the config. (the one that has the shaiya icon next to it) you should be able to check windows mode there.

another way is to go to your C: --> AeriaGames --> Shaiya and open up the notepad config. (look at Screenshot below. dont forget to save)
but dont touch anything else if you dont know what your doing!

Also, make sure you are playing in the right screen resolution. To find out what your res is, you should be able to just right click your desktop and choose screen resolution. or go to control panel--> Appearance and personalization--> adjust screen resolution.

Hope this helps.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedJun 27, 2011 2:39 pm
Unfortunately, even though DirectX 11 says it's compatible with DirectX 9, often it isn't.
This is mainly a problem with Windows 7 as it comes with DirectX 11 pre-installed.

So, even though you have DirectX 11 it may or may not run in full screen mode. As has been said earlier, Windows mode should still work though.

If you are having troubles with full screen mode then you could try installing DirectX 9.0c

Kata2213 has given the method of changing screen resolutions manually - this will also allow you to swap between windows mode and full screen mode.
Just one point to note, if you can't see standard file extensions then there will be two files called Config.
One of them will have the Shaiya icon and is the one you should use.
The other will have an icon that looks something like a word document.

For the more technically minded, the Shaiya icon one is config.exe and the other one is config.ini.

RIP Kizzd

ShadowYYZ

Rank 1
ShadowYYZ
PostedJun 29, 2011 9:23 pm
C:> AeriaGames Folder> Shaiya and open up the config... Change these Settings.. Leave FULLSCREEN on TRUE.. I had same problem but doing this worked.

^--- Here, Look for your screen resolution on Windows7 Right-Click desktop and select screen resolution.. On windows XP, i believe it might be the same thing.

Set it to your exact screen resolution like on the screenshot mine is 1366 x 768