Lady_Toorima

Rank 5
Lady_Toorima
PostedJun 22, 2011 6:14 am

~Earliest video game experience!~

Cool Story Bro (b^-^)b
It's simple. I'm just curious as to the very earliest experience you had involving video games and when you became a gamer yourself!

For me, I can remember my dad playing video games since I was very very small. My memory sucks something awful, but the earliest thing I can remember is the cut-scene in FFVII when Sephiroth kills Aerith. I cried. I was like 4 at the time, leave me alone. T-T

Anyway, it was soon after that when I became addicted to games. It started with the nintendo games, then nintendo 64, onto playstation, and then even further. Castlevania Symphony of the Night was the first game I ever played for playstation and is still one of my favorites. :3
Advertisement

Neoyoshi

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Neoyoshi
PostedJun 22, 2011 9:35 am
For me it was back in 1986 watching my dad play Pac-man on the Atari.

When i actually got my Nintendo the year it came out for Christmas, i knew then i was destined to be a gamer.

I bested the murky depths of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, hailed to be one of the more frustrating titles ever released.

I lost my brain cells to Ghost & Goblins; which is well known for being the game that you talk about inside the padded room it eventually sends you to.

And i totally abused the Zelda II: The Adventure of Link cartridge like it rightfully deserved, no gamer even as young as i was should be made to suffer like that.

I think the golden years of gaming for me was definitely when games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy Tactics and RPG Maker were around, i think that was when i actually enjoyed being a gamer.

yulli

Rank 4
PostedJun 22, 2011 9:57 am
I think my first video game experience was Pong.

I remember playing it on a console system(dont remember the console name) with my brothers, sisters, and parents back in early or mid 1970s

LeonineJules

Rank 0
LeonineJules
PostedJun 22, 2011 11:44 am
yulli wrote:
I think my first video game experience was Pong.  

This.

It was the earliest Atari model that my mum found in the attic (these things are always in attics). She hooked it up to the T.V. one afternoon with a collection of other early cartridge games, turned it on and left us to it. I think she was after a quiet afternoon, tbh, and it worked stupendously.

Well, up until my sister and I started hitting each other with the joysticks because we hated losing at Pong. Then again, we always had to fight about something. It wasn't a fun afternoon unless we finished off with a game of Sibling Rivalry, and one of us ended the day in tears.

A Discordian is prohibited from believing what he reads.

Hizumi66

Rank 0
Hizumi66
PostedJul 20, 2011 8:38 am
I would have to say, myself playing the game would have to be on the sega genesis which i still have XD I was playing Sonic on it.

That was around the age of 6...i think. Past that i pretty much just played every console that came out including most of the games. /teehee.

But it happens to be the first thing. Ahh sonic, why did you have to die in a toilet and release really bad games. haha

GoldenArcadia

Rank 0
GoldenArcadia
PostedJul 20, 2011 6:54 pm
My earliest experience with a video game that I can remember was...Mario Kart 64, I believe. My earliest video game addiction was Wario Land 4. Golden Sun followed a couple of years afterward, and later I developed an addiction to The Sims games.

atreyu182

Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2011 2:32 am
Started playing descent and tomb raider Smile

<a> </a>

sabalo639

Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2011 12:34 pm

me earliest game expierience

i think my earliest game expierience was on the n64 playing one of the duke nukem games or pilot wings 64 when i was 4 and my mom dosent really care what games i play as long as it dosent involve... ive said to much god of war:chains of olympus involved it she didnt know...... Shocked XD but now im in love with the final fantasy series and the sims

blahs444

Rank 3
blahs444
PostedAug 29, 2011 12:13 pm
Well since im still young (17), I would have to say the first game I played was The Elder Scrolls: Arena. It came out the year I was born, but I didnt play it till I was 5 Smile My older cousin (20 at the time), loved the game and got me into the series Smile

Skeezanation

Rank 0
Skeezanation
PostedDec 17, 2011 5:45 pm
I remember my first game I played was Missle Command for the Atari my aunt had when my dad was small lol.

then after she gave it away, the next game I played was Oregon Trail ^^ aaaannnnd Duck Hunt for the Nintendo, that was epic lol I love that dog who goes after the ducks that fell xD

<a>Photobucket</a>