Varethien

Rank 0
Varethien
PostedJun 20, 2011 3:10 pm   Last edited by Varethien on Jun 20, 2011 5:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total

[Guide] Classes, Traits, and Stats guide

A general guide for classes, stats, and traits.
Welcome to another guide by Varethien. This time we will be covering Classes, Traits and Stats.

====================Traits============================
First we'll be covering Hero Traits, since they're the first thing we can select that affects our characters significantly. There are eight current traits.
Leader, Guardian, Apostle, Commando, Sanctum, Maverick, Adventurer, and Crack Shot.

Leader:

If you are planning on being a tank, this would be an ideal trait for you.
Increases HP by 12%
Increases MP by 12%

Guardian:

Once more, if you're a tank this would also be ideal for you.
Increases defense by 12%
Increases Elemental Resistance 5%

Apostle:

If you plan on being a Mage DPS you would definitely want this.
Increases your INT (Intelligence) by 10%
Increases your M-ATK (Magical Attack) by 5%

Commando:

If you're going to be a Melee DPS you will be better off choosing this Hero Trait.
Increases your STR (Strength) by 10%
Increases your P-ATK (Physical Attack) by 5%

Sanctum:

If you're going to be a Support class such as a Cleric or Bard. You want this Trait.
Increases your WIS (Wisdom) by 15%
Increases your G-Healing (General Healing) by 5%

Maverick:

If you're going to be a Melee DPS like a thief, or just one who's going to use Dual wield, you want this trait a lot.
Increases your AGI (Agility) by 10%
Increases your ATK-SPD (Attack Speed) by 5%

Adventurer:

I'm going to guess this is a range DPS builds.
Increases your LCK (Luck) by 10%
Increases your CRIT DMG (Critical Damage) by 10%

Crack Shot:

Same as the Adventurer Trait, this is a Range DPS.
Increases your LCK (Luck) by 10%
Increases your M-CRIT DMG (Magical Critical Damage) by 10%

===================Classes===============================
In this section we will be covering some general information about classes.
First is Defensive classes:
Since I don't have all of the classes unlocked I'll be relying on the wiki a lot here.
====== Defense Classes ======
Warrior: No requirements to unlock this class.
It's one of the first few classes you unlock.
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
The Warrior is one of the first available classes in the game. Equipped with heavy armor and mighty axes, the warrior's sole objective is to finish the battle quickly and decisively, and with enough HP left to take on any remaining surprise enemies, if needed. Warriors are part of the Defense class type and can access all common skills shared among the Defense classes.  

Knight:
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
The chivalrous Knight deftly executes swift sword strikes to overwhelm foes in single combat. Embodying great courage under pressure, Knights bravely dodge and block attacks. They view their immense fighting skills as a source of pride and accomplishment. Drawing on ancient magic, Knight can also cast a series of combat-boosting spells. The Knight's code of conduct allows it to draw powers from the Defense skill scrolls.  

Requirements to use Knight:
Character Level: 25
Warrior Level: 20

Templar:
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Currently unavailable in Eden Eternal, Templar is the third class in the Defense class grouping (the first being Warrior and the second being Knight). In the Closed Beta this class was not attainable due to the level cap being 40. In the initial Open Beta the level cap of 50 is not enough to raise the character to level 60 nor raise each prerequisite class to their proper levels. The prerequisite classes are Knight at level 55 and Cleric at level 55. The Templar has immediate access to the shared Defense skill set.  

Requirements to use Templar:
Character Level: 60
Knight Level: 55
Cleric Level: 55
==========Range DPS Classes =======

Hunter
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Hunters live a solitary life, roaming the wilderness, usually passing the time by honing and perfecting their considerable long-distance combat skills. For companionship and the occasional battle partner, the hunter can summon a fierce tiger. The hunter's preferred weapon is his trusty bow and arrows. The hunter is perfect for a solo player, although are very effective in groups as well. This class allows you to chain attacks and take down your opponents quickly and accurately. The ability to call forth a companion is a noted bonus to the class and allows the hunter to deal damage without receiving any damage. The Hunter is part of the Ranged DPS class build. This means the Hunter has access to all Ranged DPS global skills.  

Requirements for Hunter:
Character Level: 10

Engineer
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Engineers are masters of machinery and efficiency: both in life and in combat. When not blueprinting intricate plans for new and improved armors and explosives, engineers can be found meticulously practicing and re-practicing their best battle moves. Utilize the power of advanced technology! Engineers can utilize all abilities within the Ranged DPS schematic.  

Requirements to use Engineer:
Character Level: 30
Hunter Level: 25

Ranger
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Currently unavailable in Eden Eternal, Ranger is the third class in the Ranged DPS class grouping (the first being Hunter and the second being Engineer). In the Closed Beta this class was not attainable due to the level cap being 40. In the initial Open Beta the level cap of 50 comes 10 levels shy for prerequisite classes and 15 levels from allowing your character to obtain the appropriate level for Rangers. The prerequisite classes are Hunter at level 60 and Martial Artist at level 60. The Ranger has immediate access to the shared Ranged DPS skill set.  

Requirements to use Ranger:
Character Level: 65
Hunter Level: 60
Martial Artist Level: 60

=========Magic DPS classes========

Magician
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
The Magician (Mage for short) is one of the beginning classes available to players. Magicians are normally light-hearted creatures, often using spells and potions for the entertainment of friends and family. However, this happy-go-lucky persona is quickly shed in the light of battle. A skilled Magician is a formidable presence. Magicians can conjure damaging blizzards of fire and ice, teleport your party to safety, even become invisible. The Magician is part of the Magic DPS class archetype and has access to all general skills associate with the Magic DPS classes.  

There are no requirements to use Magician.

Illusionist
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Jesters may seem friendly, but be wary. As masters of deception, the illusionist class is highly skilled at distraction and enchantment. If their outlandish jester hats and checkered outfits aren't disorienting enough to the enemy, the illusionist can cast several hypnotizing spells and summon an arcane pet to help in battle. Illusionists can also heal party members. An Illusionist can channel all skills in the Magic DPS class type.  

The requirements to use Illusionist:
Character Level: 35
Magician Level: 30

Warlock
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Currently unavailable in Eden Eternal, Warlock is the third class in the Magic DPS class grouping (the first being Magician and the second being Illusionist). In the Closed Beta this class was not attainable due to the level cap being 40. In the initial Open Beta,the level cap would be raised to 50, allowing players to raise all prerequisite classes to the proper levels, but players will not be able to attain level 55, the required Character Level for Warlock. The prerequisite classes are Magician at level 50 and Shaman at level 50. The Warlock has immediate access to the shared Magic DPS skill set.  

Requirements to use Warlock:
Character Level: 55
Magician Level: 50
Shaman Level: 50

====== Melee DPS ======

==Thief==
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:

Thieves often have a nasty reputation, but their organization has been in existence for centuries. Their skills have been honed through oppression and persecution, and finally have become recognized as a force for good. Thieves adhere to a strict code, and their "thefts" are often tests of skill and the objects returned to their owner the next day. The Thief is part of the Melee DPS shared skill group and therefore has access to all skills of that group.  

Requirements to use thief:
Character Level: 15

== Martial Artist ==
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Martial Artists view combat as a deadly dance between opponents. Having meticulously molded their bodies into fierce fighting machines, Martial Artists use their focused discipline and fervent strength conditioning to deftly battle enemies. Not content to rely on weapons and armor alone, the Martial Artist's best weapon is incredible strength and speed. Martial Artists belong to the Melee DPS class type and can use every skill in that arsenal.  

Requirements to use Martial Artists:
Character Level: 40
Thief Level: 35

== Blade Dancer ==
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
Beneath the Blade Dancer's glittery, ribboned exterior is an extremely ferocious fighter. You'll need the Blade Dancer in top form to take on Eden's final dungeons and NPCs. Wielding sharpened twin swords, the blade dancer excels at multiple target attacks, swiftly damaging all nearby enemies in a shiny, hypnotic blur. The Blade Dancer is part of the Melee DPS set of classes and has immediate access to all shared skills.  

Requirements to use Blade Dancer:
Character Level: 50
Bard Level: 45

===========Support Classes ==========
==Cleric==
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
The Cleric casts a variety of healing and booster spells from a powerful law book. You won't find a more generous and compassionate class than the Cleric. Once tasked with the salvation of all the citizens of the land, the Cleric continues to watch over and protect those near him within the region's current tumultuous climate. Use the Cleric to heal party members and amplify stats and spells during battle. A Cleric can access all skills within the Support type general skills due to it being part of the Support class structure.  

Requirements to use Cleric:
Character Level: 5

==Bard==
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
You are most likely to find a Bard relaxing in the shade of tall oak tree, quietly composing poems and songs. Often Bards are also found at the center of boisterous social events, wooing the crowd with charming music and dance. Little known the to the people is the colorful Bard's excellent combat prowess. Using arcane musical spells and enchantments, the Bard suavely overwhelms the enemy with waves of power chords and fast-paced hypnotic music. The Bard's gregarious songs and sonnets also have healing and defense powers. A Bard, being a very talented individual, can perform skills from the Support class skill list.  

Requirements to use Bard:
Character Level: 20

==Shaman==
Eden Eternal Wiki wrote:
The Shaman is the most heavy-handed class of the Healing and Support branch. Mystical shamans expertly manipulate the elements of nature to rain torrents of damage upon the enemy. Disorient your enemies in a whirlwind of earth, nature and fire spells. The Shaman is part of the Support class group and has access to all Support skills upon transformation.  

Requirements to use Shaman:
Character Level: 45
Cleric Level: 40

====================Stats===============================
STR = Influence Physical-Attack and Block
AGI = Influences Evasion, Parry, Attack Speed, and Cast speed
INT = Influences Magical-Attack
WIS = Influences General Healing (Increases the potency) and Personal Healing (increases the amount of healing you receive from a spell.)
LCK = Incluences Critical Rate, Magical Critical Rate, and Accuracy

P-ATK (Physical Attack) = Influences Physical Damage you deal
M-ATK (Magical Attack) = Influences Magical Damage you deal
ACC (Accuracy)= Influences your chance to hit the target.
ATK SPD (Attack Speed) = Influences the frequency of your physical attack
CRIT Rate (Critical Rate) = Influences your chance to score a physical critical attack that deals extra physical damage.
CRIT DMG (Critical Damage) = Influences the amount of extra damage dealt by your physical critical attacks.
Cast SPD (Cast Speed) = Influences the speed of your magic spell use.
M-CRIT Rt (Magical Critical Rate) = Influences your chance to score a magic crtical attack that deals extra magic damage.
M-CR. DMG (Magical Critical Damage) = Influences the amount of extra damage dealt by your magic critical attacks.

DEF (Defence) = Influnces the amount of physical damage you take.
EVA (Evasion) = Influenes your chance to dodge incoming attacks.
Parry = Influences your chane to parry an incoming an attack, reducing it's damage by 50%
Block Rate = Influences your chance to block an incoming attack with a shield, nullifying all of it's damage.
Move Speed = Influences the speed at which you move.

==================Builds========================
I'm going to cover a few builds here, I'll also be linking to a few other guides by other people for builds I have no clue about.

Build for an effective Melee DPS:

When you first create your character You should either choose Commando or Mavrick Hero Traits. Which you can find the information on those two traits stated above. From here on out you will want to make sure to keep the following regular and class skills at the highest levels.

Attacks:
Slam / Sonic Cut / Fury Hit / Swift Attack / Ambush

Passive skills:

Encourage / Deadly Containment

Ambush specifically is a great Class skill to have, because not only does it do damage this attack, the next attack you do is doubled.

Encourage is good because it is increases your strength by 92 (Or at least at level 30) and your double hit rate by 15% (once again or at least at level 30) for 30 seconds.
Advertisement

Kevylin

Rank 0
PostedJun 20, 2011 4:58 pm   Last edited by Kevylin on Jun 20, 2011 9:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total
This is a terrible guide. All of this information is already available on the wiki and you don't seem to show any expertise on any of this (i.e. "I'm going to guess this is a range DPS builds.").

Varethien

Rank 0
Varethien
PostedJun 20, 2011 5:02 pm
Kevylin wrote:
This is a terrible guide. All of these information is already available on the wiki and you don't seem to show any expertise on any of this (i.e. "I'm going to guess this is a range DPS builds.").  

Because I personally haven't used that trait, or a ranged DPS build, how am I supposed to have an expertise on something I have not used?

mjfanatic

Rank 0
mjfanatic
PostedJun 20, 2011 5:33 pm
Then you maybe shouldn't try to make a guide to try to teach us something you don't even know. Anyways thanks for your work? you could have said something more though...for example best trait for tanking is the HP% but you put the 2 first like they're good for tanker....they are but for bosses tanking Hp/mp% is awesome trust me

Varethien

Rank 0
Varethien
PostedJun 20, 2011 5:40 pm
mjfanatic wrote:
Then you maybe shouldn't try to make a guide to try to teach us something you don't even know. Anyways thanks for your work? you could have said something more though...for example best trait for tanking is the HP% but you put the 2 first like they're good for tanker....they are but for bosses tanking Hp/mp% is awesome trust me  

I did do that under each Heroic trait. If you didn't look.

mjfanatic

Rank 0
mjfanatic
PostedJun 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Leader:

Guardian:

Can you tell me where does it say that Leader is better for bosses tanking (and general) than guardian? lol

Your definitions are pretty much the same for these 2 traits :X

Rygara

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Rygara
PostedJun 20, 2011 9:39 pm
Please refrain from comments like "This is the worst guide I've ever seen", "You didn't put any effort into this", "It's been done.". It makes the person that wrote the guide feel a little worse about what they're doing for the community and sometimes even makes them want to quit. If you are going to comment, please make it constructive and not borderline "flame-worthy" ie Give specific examples of how it could be done better and what it needs without the above mentioned things. This is coming from a person that writes some articles for her guild and for the wiki. :/ Sometimes people don't want to go directly to the wiki because everyone can edit it...it's better to have someone who has combed through the details and confirmed in the wiki and have it in a solid state then in an open to edit form.

All in all, it is a good guide. :] Thanks for all the hard work, hon...

Varethien

Rank 0
Varethien
PostedJun 20, 2011 10:37 pm
Rygara wrote:
Please refrain from comments like "This is the worst guide I've ever seen", "You didn't put any effort into this", "It's been done.". It makes the person that wrote the guide feel a little worse about what they're doing for the community and sometimes even makes them want to quit. If you are going to comment, please make it constructive and not borderline "flame-worthy" ie Give specific examples of how it could be done better and what it needs without the above mentioned things. This is coming from a person that writes some articles for her guild and for the wiki. :/ Sometimes people don't want to go directly to the wiki because everyone can edit it...it's better to have someone who has combed through the details and confirmed in the wiki and have it in a solid state then in an open to edit form.

All in all, it is a good guide. :] Thanks for all the hard work, hon...  

Thanks. But the first person, forgot their name, was correct, the information was taken from wiki, other then the stats and the Heroic Traits.

mjfanatic wrote:

Leader:

Guardian:

Can you tell me where does it say that Leader is better for bosses tanking (and general) than guardian? lol

Your definitions are pretty much the same for these 2 traits :X  

Did I ever say say that Leader is better for bosses and general taking? Please take a look through my post, I never once said either of these.

ancova

Rank 0
ancova
PostedJun 21, 2011 1:23 am
Please keep in mind that this game is still in beta and that both information and experience are severely lacking before commenting. This guide will undoubtedly undergo revisions as more information becomes available. It is a good start considering the game is less than one week old (maybe a little more than a month if you include closed beta). Many players simply have not had the time to try out all the possible combinations of trait + classes at end-game content. Therefore, it is important that players contribute their own experience instead of simply denouncing the guide. That kind of behavior only slows development of guides and the sharing of information.

That said, I'll make some comments from my perspective as a sanctum primary support. Hope you can take these in to consideration while you revise the guide. I want to add a little to sanctum and to make an argument that the "Leadership" trait is a general trait for all classes.

I am not sure exactly how the +15% wis contributes to gameplay (probably mp regen); but the 5% boost to healing is valuable for those moments when those enemies land those big hits. Alternatively, the trait does let "sanctum" clerics treat dps classes as tanks in the lower-level dungeons (albeit with rest times between fights). However, that benefit quickly loses effectiveness from about level 20 on (Shale dungeon is difficult without a devoted tank; Tesos has some difficult areas as well).

"Sanctum" also makes the group heals all the more effective. However, in dungeons, you will almost always have a party member who runs low on mp. Most players carry potions for this reason, but there are times I wish I simply had more mp to save on using potions (especially since i use more buffs and damage reduction than actual heals).

Similarly, I've partied with a few wizards and hunters who ran out of mp in the middle of a boss fight and just stopped using skills. Part of me wonders if they could have gotten 2 or 3 more spells off with "leadership" instead. "Leadership" probably won't deal as much damage as the "apostle" or "commando" traits, but it allows you to keep speed, defense, and attack debuffs on enemies for a longer period of time. I know some players who prefer that play style; although admittedly they are a minority.

Also as an aside, I find that "Sanctum" is amongst one of the most restrictive traits to play with. It is only useful for support roles (illusionists may also get some limited benefit when casting their mp recovery spell). It may be useful for templars also, but that's only speculation at this point.

Anyway, my two cents on "sanctum". Feel free to discuss or argue about that little claim. I'm sure Varethien will take in the arguments and rewrite the post for that trait in sufficient detail to make everyone happy.

Ogarik

Rank 0
Ogarik
PostedJun 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Respect

Positive outlook
I don't understand why people have to hate on something that someone is doing for others. The fact that the user took time out to place information whether it be found in another area doesn't mean a thing. Look at it as a positive manner. Now the information is available here at the main source for the game we all enjoy. If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it.