Varethien

Rank 0
Varethien
PostedJun 17, 2011 8:03 am   Last edited by Varethien on Jun 17, 2011 9:31 am. Edited 1 time in total

[Guide] A new player's walk through of Eden Eternal

A quickly wrote up for new players on Eden Eternal. (With pictures, and doodles which I drew. :) )
Assuming that you've logged in and created a character alright you will be brought to a screen similar to this:

Minus the drawings of course. What you want to do here is click the accept button on the quest and go talk to Madam Cynthia, who should be directly in front of you.
To get a closeup of that fine young madam.

You'll be able to indicate that she's a quest NPC by that Question mark (Or if it's a new quest an exclamation mark) These come in two colors Gold and Blue. Gold means that it's a main quest NPC and you should really talk to them as soon as you can. Blue means that it's an optional quest NPC, and could also be a repeatable quest.
When you talk to Madam Cynthia (Right click her), another pop up will show up. On the bottom of said pop-up you should probably click "Confirm" so you can get your pretty sweet reward of 7 silver. Okay, I lied 7 silver isn't all that sweet, but it'll add up I promise.

Congratulations! You've finished your first official story line quest, though you should take the time to read what the NPCs have to say, it could be important. Well, now what? More questing I say! Why don't you go on and right click Madam Cynthia once more, I bet you she has more to say.

Look at that! Another quest let's go talk to that Andrew guy that Cynthia mentioned. You can see him in the background of your screen if there's not too many people crowded around him.

Well I forgot to grab a screen of what he said so I grabbed what he said after that. But you'll find out what he said when you play. Now we have to report to Mining Captain Laz.
This'll complete your quest "Awakening II" talk to him once more and you'll get another quest telling you to go kill some Red Cap Mushroids. (Really they're mushrooms, but let's play a long.)

After killing the 6 required Red Cap Mushroids you'll hopefully level up to level two.

To which you will click the message. "Upgrade your character." And this menu will show up.

If you're wondering what "Silver" is, it's one of the two currencies in Eden Eternal, the other currency is "Gold". Anyways, you'll have 20 Silver available, which isn't a lot to be honest, but you'll get more later on. To level your skills up, you have to use your Silver to increase them, no free skills up here. All skills you acquire in-game all start at level one.

Now if you look down below to the right you'll see a knowledge point center, think of it as the more knowledge points you put on a knowledge, you'll get that stat bonus. Such as the one I have highlighted.

Moving on back to Laz and finishing the quest you'll get yet another quest. "Awakening IV"

Should you accept and all, you'll have to go kill four "Cave Mushroid" ( Yay, more shrooms!) To find where they are located, take a look at your minimap and head up that small path, which is actually a path to your first dungeon. When you enter the dungeon, you'll see a NPC called "Miner Airy" ignore him for now and head down the path a little bit and go kill those Cave Mushroids! After killing four of them go talk to "Miner Airy" And finish your quest. Then talk to him again and receive "Awakening V"

Looks like you're getting an item from this guy, what is it though? A hammer of course! We get to go smack down a rock monster with a hammer. Let's do it.

In case you were wondering what this Rock Monster looks like...

Now you know! Don't worry you can kill him easily though. It'll take no longer than 5 minutes tops. Make sure you attack him with the hammer you get from "Miner Airy" or use a fire spell if you're a mage to break down his BP (Break Points) bar. So you can get that crystal. After you beat him you'll see a purple sack drop onto the ground, you should probably pick that up, it's important to the quest.

Go back and talk to "Miner Airy" To complete this quest. Congratulations! You have two items to choose from, Water Vein gloves, or Warrior's boots. I chose the boots because I'm a Warrior. Though, if you chose magician as your class, then by all means take the gloves!

And this completes the New play guide by Varethien. Feel free to provide feedback about what you think about the guide. And if you want me to expand on more topics, let me know and I'll do so!

Credits n stuff:
Myself for the great doodles on the screens.
AeriaGames for the great game.
KuroKaren for the information on the BP bar.
Eden Eternal Wiki for information.
Advertisement

KuroKaren

Rank 1
KuroKaren
PostedJun 17, 2011 9:13 am
Good job, it's nice, clean and easy to follow!

I think it's important to say that you need to hit the monster's Break Point for the item to drop. If you just kill him with his BP bar full he won't drop anything (you have to really hit him with the hammer if you are a warrior OR attack him with fire if you are a magician until the BP bar reaches 0. Then you can kill him normally).

Varethien

Rank 0
Varethien
PostedJun 17, 2011 9:26 am
KuroKaren wrote:
Good job, it's nice, clean and easy to follow!

I think it's important to say that you need to hit the monster's Break Point for the item to drop. If you just kill him with his BP bar full he won't drop anything (you have to really hit him with the hammer if you are a warrior OR attack him with fire if you are a magician until the BP bar reaches 0. Then you can kill him normally).  

Thanks! I'll add this in. I wasn't sure what this function was for, I didn't take the time to read all the stuff said by the NPCs.

Ragnyrok

Rank 0
Ragnyrok
PostedJun 19, 2011 12:45 pm
This will be very helpful for beginners.
Nice post.

Rygara

Rank 1
PostedJun 19, 2011 2:23 pm
Your dedication is wonderful to this. I hope to see more and maybe you should start a website with more walkthroughs, guides? <3

Varethien

Rank 0
Varethien
PostedJun 20, 2011 5:52 am
Rygara wrote:
Your dedication is wonderful to this. I hope to see more and maybe you should start a website with more walkthroughs, guides? <3

Humm, If I make enough walkthroughs / guides I just might, but a website for 2 guides, would be a bit pointless.

FairyQueen_Erza

Rank 0
FairyQueen_Erza
PostedJul 11, 2011 6:07 am
really nice guide ^^

leXieh

Rank 3
leXieh
PostedJul 11, 2011 8:44 am
Some useful guides are already in game (you learn during quests) but what i've done was skipping everything without reading..so for example i didn't know how BP system works till some1 yelled at me "BREAK IT BEFORE KILLING!" xD so yeah it's nice to read some newbie guides even if you're high lvled...so..good job ^_^

Twitterz

Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Equipment Guide

How-to
Is there a guide on how to use new equipment as you get it? I mean how do you put a new item on, get rid of old items, etc.

Thx