asmalax

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2011 3:52 am

Desdan's Bard Guide

Hello guys and welcome to my attempt on making a guide for the bard class ! In this guide Ill try to explain what are the most useful traits, knowledge , certificates and possible builds.
First off this isnt a fully complete guide, because the game just hit OB, so its possible for class changes and new skills/talents later, so now Ill just make a wall of text and in the future Ill keep upgrading this - adding colours and stuff Smile About me, my char name is Desdan and I play on Aquamarine - am a bard , so far Im lvl 25ish (going up every hour) and i also was a CB tester from almost day 1. Ive played several classes , several chars , several deletes and finally made a bard who almost got to lvl 40 in the CB but got deleted... So here we go

Table of Contents :
1. What is a bard ?
2. Which traits are most useful for it ?
3. Which knowledge pts should i use and are there any build for it ?
4. What Stats do I need ?
5. Coming Soon - Depending on different questions
6. ^

1. What is a bard ?
- The bard in Eden Eternal is jack of all trades class. Has a very nice healing potential, has a very nice support potential and can also dish out good amount of damage. It main goals are mostly supportive, because he has several buff spells, which affect the whole party and greatly increasing their stats for a short time. The bard is VERY effective for soloing, at some point of the game, it can surpass probly 90 % of the other classes ( i say 90 % because i havent yet seen, Shammy or Lock in action ). He can also becomes a great main healer in dungeons.
- As a bard, you get to wear light armor set ( Leather in most MMO's ), use a guitar and have very flashy and melodic ( best in game imo ) spells. Some players take the bard only beause of their cool looking and sounding skills ^-^

2. Which traits are most useful for it ?
- In order to answer this question you must first answer for yourself, why do you need a bard for ? Healing, Soloing, Supporting or just flashy-spell-ing ? After you are clear to yourself ill put out the most useful (imo) traits for the bard.

For pure soloing i suggest Leadership - increases HP and MP by 12% each. Reasons for that ill explain further in my build/stat explain. Another option i put out is Guardian - DEF +12% and ELEM Res +5%. Some people say "Dude take Apostle , its awesum"- well for bard its not.. reasons for that ill explain further.

For pure main healing i suggest you take Sanctum - Wis +15% and G.Heal +5 % - its a cookie cutter trait for those who wanna heal ( and btw it can coem in handy for soloing too - i personally solo with this trait, because im a main healer , but still i solo the best and when people see me they go O.o - "How you do that" ) For healing there is also the Crack Shot trait- Luck +10% and M.Crit Damage +10% - This trait imo would be lovely in later game for a crit builded bard ( Heals can crit ) - so your Cure spell will get some big numbers Razz - Although this is mroe useful for a cleric, bards can also take use of it.

For group support and buffing there arent any cookie cutter traits - but the useful ones can be Apostle - for DDing bard with offtime buffs and heals, Crack Shot- same as < < < , Maverick - this is tricky, becuase you take effect from AGI + 10 %, and AGI increases your cast speed.. If you are full cast speed build, then this will be fine for off-healing and soem nice fast DD spam, it also helps for faster buffing. And lastly the Leadership - mainly for its Mana increase- in DG's mana burns out fast, so any other % u can get will be an uptime for you.

3. Which knowledge pts should i use and are there any build for it ?
- Well basically ive put the builds in the upper text - Healer, Soloer and Supporter

3.1 Traits for full Main healing - When you get your first points put 7 pts in Lyrics & Poetry it increases G Heal by 1 % for each of its lvl so in lvl 7 it will be + 7% !! After that begin dumping all points you get in Music Theory: +1 % cast speed - until its lvl 10 - Ull need 20 points for it so you be bard lvl 29 when you will achieve them. Cast Speed will help you for Cure spamming - only heal before bard 30. When you reach bard 30 put your point in Soothing Chords: increases the effectiveness of your best healing spell by 20 % ( Music of Life ). After that get your Lyrics & Poetry to lvl 10 and finally start dumping in Solemn Music: only buff you'll need. It increases G heal by a big number and this talent adds +20 % and + 2 sec duration to it , so basically you'll heal like a champ. After that pump the Ghealing

3.2 Traits for Crit Healing - Get you Crit % knowledge to 10, the increase crit damage one to 10 also, then add 5 points in the Lyrics & Poetry and then add the Solemn Music. After that pump the crit % chance

3.3 Traits for Soloer - All you need for soloing is the Music of Life buff knowledge,10 pts in Guitar tunning ( in order to unlock teh burning metal buff ) and also the Moody Style: increased duration of the DEF buff - so its nice for soloing. Att speed, Crit, G-healing and the other "cool" stuff arent useful for the soloer- why ? ill explain below in stats and skills explain.

3.4 Traits for Supporter - This is the most point consuming path imo .. Most important ones are the Deff buff, PAtt buff, Solemn Music and after that the Matt buff. So your first priority is maxing the Deff thingy ! It really helps a lot the surviving in DG's. Then Patt - becase tanks need damage ( You'll ask why not Matck ? Because mages dish out VERY BIG NUMBERS , and even with buffs, the difference wont be very big ). You only need to spent points in the filler knowledges so that you unlock the buff ones .. After youre done with the buffing, you gotta decide if youll be healing helper ( take healing ones ) or DD helper ( take Crit ones )

4. What Stats do I need ?
- Its is pretty simple, for healing you need WIS ! It increases G healing and Agi to increase cast speed.( or luck if you plan or crit heal ) For soloing your best friend is AGI- increased Evasion. For support you may want crits for DD or mat for DD or agi for cast speed.

4.1 - why did you say Matck isnt useful for bards ? Because it increases Matck.. As a bard your only spells needing it are vocal bomb and tornado . BUT as a bard , believe it or not you'll use those spells only to pull mobs .. thats right , you wont fight with them ! Your soloing cookie cutter spells is burnign metal - aoe dot damage 3 stacks YUMMY spell.. and melody of life 3 stacks to be immortal. Burning Metal has fixed damage per lvl so no INT or Mactk affects it ! You gotta be clear on that! Thats why for soloing you need as much HP and Mp as posible, you target an area with 5-6 mobs with burning metal, stack 3 music of lifes then stack 2 more burning metal and finish with tornado ( tornado is only getting the job done FASTER, its not actually needed. ) After teh battle youll have full HP 10x to music of life.
4.2 - which certificates do i need ? As a tip, before you begin your bard path, be sure to get cleric to lvl 20. Why ? Because it will give you 2 very nice certificates - +10% WIS and +10% INT (at cler lvl 20)- You said INt isnt needed. Thats right, but when you combine different certificates youll get 1 bonus certificate in the middle ( the yellow small thingy ). It gives a heavy boost to skills or stats depending on combinations. "Can you pls give me combinations?"- why not try find some for yourselves ? "PLIIIX" .... -.- ... Ok.. ill give you my healing combi .. combine INT, WIS and Mcrit rate ( from bard ) and u get a nice boost to Cure effect by 10 % Smile .
The other bard certificates, Evasion and MP decrease - put those in if you are a soloer Wink

Ok folks, this is it for nao. I hope I didnt miss something important. Ill soon make it more pretty , upgrade it-depending on game changes and try to answer your questions (mainly in game if u manage to find me ). All help would be appreciated ^-^.

See ya in game !
Advertisement

asmalax

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2011 6:24 am
Reserved

DRLPNobleV

Rank 0
DRLPNobleV
PostedJun 17, 2011 6:47 am
Good stuff! Can't see any pictures, since i'm on Mobile, if you did, props! If you didn't, they always make guides more practical and easier to use!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

asmalax

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2011 6:59 am
no pics so far, this is just wall of text for new players to get some info on the class. I promissed to updade it soon with colors, pictures i even plan making a video on bard solo and healing in DG Smile but so far i think this will suffice

VampiricDemise

Rank 0
VampiricDemise
PostedJun 17, 2011 7:17 am
This is a fairly nice guide for being a Bard. You should move this thread though to these forums where it can be used greatly!

Eden Eternal's Self Help Forums: Class Guides & Information

D: I'm still also in the process of finishing up a Cleric and a Bard guide that goes over Knowledge point builds but it's taking a little longer than anticipated because of the lack of an Item Mall right now.

<p></p> <p>Eden Eternal</p> <p>Diamond Server - Ursoc ++ Sapphire Server - Khatha</p>

av3ng3rbg

Rank 0
av3ng3rbg
PostedJun 17, 2011 7:26 am
You forgot to mention something horribly important - cast speed. Since most if not all songs are fixed, cast speed is what differs a good non-solo bard from a godly one. More cast speed means you can cast your songs and heals much much faster. Earlier and mid-game it won't seem much, but believe me when you hit late game, that 30-40% boost in cast speed is going to be HUGE. You can get 20% from talents, and equips for non-solo bards should revolve around cast speed, evasion and hp, in that order. Songs cast rather slow and don't last long, one more reason to get cast speed.

asmalax

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2011 7:42 am
Hmm I did say cast speed O.o i mentioned it as important in healing builds, and also mention that for support u need AGI for the cast speed Wink
So far its not very well structured and many things are probly a bit meshed ,but i will restructure it

xicex

Rank 0
xicex
PostedJun 22, 2011 6:50 pm
I was just wondering what you meant by "All you need for soloing is the Music of Life buff knowledge" how many points do I put into that? and is the buff called soothing chords :], thanks for any reply

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" quote:Albert Einstein

PrinnyKaboom

Rank 0
PrinnyKaboom
PostedJun 22, 2011 8:52 pm
if you want.
I'm a level 38 / 37 bard and I can take some pictures and give them to you for this topic dood