MasqueradeSacri

Rank 0
PostedJun 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Computer keeps shutting off

While playing eden, computer just shuts off sometimes randomly
I can't seem to figure out why. Nothing is blocking my fan, and it does it on different settings and resolutions. Anyone know why?
Advertisement

MasqueradeSacri

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2011 1:00 am
Anyone? Kind of getting really aggravated with my laptop just shutting down in the middle of quests/dungeons. Its not even near hot.

MasqueradeSacri

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2011 2:45 pm
Ok still doing it. I've tried different resolutions, graphic settings and its still doing it. Running a virus scan to make sure its not on my end. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 premium 64-bit
Intel core i7 @ 1.6 GHz
4 gigs of ram
Nvidia Gefore 310m

Does ANYONE have any ideas?

AbstractBlueSky

Rank 0
AbstractBlueSky
PostedJun 16, 2011 3:22 pm
Did you update your drivers?

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 16, 2011 3:56 pm
keep an eye on your temperature. If the game is cause overheat, try geting more fans or laptop cooler.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

MasqueradeSacri

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2011 4:22 pm
But i dont get how its overheated. Its getting the same temperature as it does when I play Vindictus and battlefield. Those do not cause my comp to shut down and vindi is a lot more graphic intense than this. I also just reinstalled and still doing it. My drivers are updated.

jojojoget

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2011 9:48 pm
The last time my computer keep closing down is because my hard disk is dying.

Caldin

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2011 10:39 pm
i can't play for more than 10 minutes before my laptop screen just goes black, and i have to hard reset by holding the power button down until it shuts off, and reboot. it only does it while trying to play Eden Eternal, never anything else, or any other activity, so it can't be my HDD dying, or it'd be doing it with more than just playing this game.

anybody have any ideas other than HDD dying?

halfalahi

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2011 4:16 am
it just happend to me , all i remmber i got 12 update from microsoft last night

now when i play the game about 10 mins , i see the game freez ( green spots everywhere ) and i can not stop the game , i have to shutdown the laptop and restart it

my laptop isnt heating up max temp for cpu now 49 and 48 for video card

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 17, 2011 6:41 am
halfalahi wrote:
it just happend to me , all i remmber i got 12 update from microsoft last night

now when i play the game about 10 mins , i see the game freez ( green spots everywhere ) and i can not stop the game , i have to shutdown the laptop and restart it

my laptop isnt heating up max temp for cpu now 49 and 48 for video card  

Laptop freeze is not the same as shutting off. These are two different issue. A freeze is a crash of the program or OS. A shutoff is an outtage of the laptop/computer by the hardware to either prevent damage or as a sign of damage. When a computer gets to hot it will power itself off to prevent frying the cpu and other circuits. If there is insufficient power from the PSU due to too much demands from gpu, a computer will also power itself down.

If an update from MS cause your game to freeze and cause your computer to freeze, it is a software issue. You need to figure out which MS update is the culprit and either roll it back or figure how to fix it.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)