Cubia1991

Rank 0
Cubia1991
PostedJun 15, 2011 2:14 pm

The Guardians Of A Lost Eden

Book 1: The Cry Of The Weakened Earth
Chapter 1: The Festival Of Dreams

The full moon illuminated the small town below in a soft bright glow. Red paper lanterns floated into the sky burning with tiny flames of hopes and dreams of the townspeople below hoping the heavens would hear their wishes. Bards from all over the land played music near the center of town where all the races danced together in unison with one another. Children played in the streets wearing masks pretending to be someone else for a night. Alpacas traveled through the town freely enjoying the festivities and some dancing themselves. A mouse race known as the Zumi were selling items as merchants from their land which were the parched deserts of the south-east. They usually traveled to the central continent for trade opportunities, and to express their creative selves in the festival. The other races in the festival Anuran(frog people), Ursun(bear people), and Torturran(turtle people) had other reasons to come though their reasons were similar enough. The humans mostly took care of the festival putting on acts to please their visitors. Their festival was annual, and a big one at that. 'The Festival Of Dreams'. The celebration of the unity of the races, and a celebration that though we are different we share the same wants for a certain dream to come true in our own lives.
Despite the cheerful atmosphere there was a small tension within some of the visitors from the West. In particular a blue haired bard who watched the performances from the side lines leaning against the wall with his hat tipped over his face so he could nap though he was aware of what was around him.
A small gray Zumi child walked over poking his knee, "Sir can I hear you play?"
The man tipped his azure hat up staring with his blue eyes, "Sorry kid...I'm on break."
The Zumi's ear twitched, "Just one song..."
The man could tell his child would be persistent so he took up his guitar that was laying next to him. As soon as he played the first note it was noticeably different than any song the other bards were playing.
"There she sings....the wings of gold...
Her dress shimmering in the sun....west of here there lies the sea...
So deep of dreams...so deep of dreams...
Do not fear for she is there...singing of your dreams..."

The man suddenly stopped putting the guitar down.
The Zumi blinked, "Pretty...but is that it?"
The man sighed, "No...but its a taste of our music back where I am from..."
The Zumi put a gold coin down, "Thank you kind sir...I enjoyed that song." The child ran off.
The man took the coin staring at it, "...It's best kids don't know what happens in the West." He frowned knowing the meaning of the song.
A white haired Mage walked over smiling, "There you are..."
"Pick up anything Aldon?"
The Mage looked pleased, "Nope luckily it seems to just be a normal festival."
The man put his hat back over his face to nap. Aldon poked him with his staff then gave up trying to get his attention.
"Keep an eye out...Those Tuskar Boars are the foolish type who charge before they think...and those Drakai lizard things have been roaming around as well."
He paused, "Would be ashamed if they decided to cause a ruckus here."
Aldon smiled, "Awww you care how cute."
"I may not be the fighting type but it doesn't mean I can't set you on fire..."
Aldon ran off laughing. The bard looked up moving the hat, "I cannot shake the feeling...something will happen..."

Advertisement

Cubia1991

Rank 0
Cubia1991
PostedJun 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Chapter 1: The Festival Of Dreams

Part 2
A group of worn down caravans from the west were moving towards the central continent with an army of dark figures. They all sang at once.

"There she sings....the wings of gold...
Her dress shimmering in the sun....west of here there lies the sea...
So deep of dreams...so deep of dreams...
Do not fear for she is there...singing of your dreams...
Soon you shall close your eyes...Eternal Rest...Eternal Rest...
For the Siren Sings of your doomed dreams...
Do not go to the West...for the land weeps of destruction...
The Land Of Eden cries...soon the continents will shake."

The sky began to get darker than normal indicating rain. The people began to speak of ill omen weather as a sign. The bard merely ignored them feeling it was all superstition.
Aldon came back with a yapping pug in his arms, "Can we keep him? Please Rai!" Aldon put on the pouting look which only make Rai roll his eyes.
"Keep it away from me...dogs stink..." He rolled to his side.
The pug jumped out of Aldon's arms jumping onto Rai and licking his face.
"What did I just say!" He was being licked in the face in a blinding fury getting his whole face wet.
"Awww he likes you <3."
Without warning people began to scatter as figures on giant tiger beasts charged into the town with weapons.
"Looks like you were right Rai..." Aldon took out his staff.
"...I figured I was...Aldon time to clean up."
Rai stood up as the soldiers charged towards them. Rai began to play intense music that was so fast his fingers weren't even seen. Aldon and Rai began to glow purple. Aldon quickly summoned up fire but it was more intense and larger than normal. He fired it at the soldiers knocking them off their tiger mounts which took off shortly after.
Rai looked around, "Only two? something is wrong..."
Aldon thought for a moment, "Oh No! Could they be attacking the residential area?!" Both of them took off without another word.
Flames roared upwards as the residential area was being burned to the ground. The people luckily escaped while some Ursun stayed behind taking care of the soldiers as proud warriors.
"This is what I feared...the people of the West...are trying to wage war against the other continents to save their own land."
Aldon looked at Rai, "I have been meaning to ask...what happened in the West?"
Rai gave Aldon a serious look, "Focus on the fire!"
Aldon quickly summoned water putting out some of the flames while Rai used razor sharp wind from the guitar but in a way so it wouldn't fuel the flames.
Some of the Ursun threw dirt on the flames helping anyone who was around. A figure raced past Rai and Aldon riding a huge exotic tiger giving Rai a look before fully passing.
Rai's eyes widened, "...The king?!"
Aldon stared, "King?"
A white haired shaman wearing a large bird like mask on her head appeared from behind them, "Yes...the gears are turning guardians...The land will be consumed by hate...the land of the west will soon try to devour the world in chaos...the entity has fallen...no light will linger...Rai...Aldon you have been chosen as one of the many who will see Death's grim smile on a journey to save the light."

azureleaf437

Rank 0
azureleaf437
PostedJun 15, 2011 4:48 pm
very epic story.... very nice Very Happy
intensifying...

I like how you add EE's classes to the story XD
Good luck! more power Very Happy

Zman7

Rank 1
PostedJun 22, 2011 7:50 pm
hello >:3
I thought u wre doing MEgaten stories?....
on a lighter not: Like the story but i prefer tale of 2 moons

Silverlockhart

Rank 0
Silverlockhart
PostedJun 23, 2011 1:01 pm
Very nicely written. I enjoyed reading it very much. ^-^

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dong_yul

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2011 8:28 pm
wenever i read, i always make an animated movie in my head depicting the story, and this, my friend is absolutely amazing Very Happy, like if i knew how to make animations, and culd make a movie for this, i wuld XD

Cubia1991

Rank 0
Cubia1991
PostedNov 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Hey guys I know its been a while sorry for not posting I'll resume with the story been busy with college :3 but luckily now have some time as for the readers thank you so much for your lovely comments makes me so proud T.T lol -hugs for all-