Author Message

NgauNgau

Rank 0
Joined
19 Nov 2009
Posts
9
Location
Malaysia
PostedJun 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Need/Greed/Pass System

I've encountered people who totally don't understand this roll system

Need = You want the item as it is an upgrade for you

Greed = You don't mind having the item as it is an upgrade for your other classes

Pass = You don't want the item at all

So, let's say a bow drops and a hunter needs it because it is an upgrade for him

The other party members who have a hunter as side class will roll greed because they may also use it if.

Those who don't plan to play hunter at all will choose to pass.

This is the correct way to go. I'm bored of people who is confused with this loot system

Always remember this priority: NEED>GREED>PASS

There was once i was in this party where they ask me to PASS if don't need it when instead i roll greed. The same guys from that party tried to explain to me that GREED priority is higher than NEED

So please everyone, follow how this system was used in other game and don't make a fool out of yourself. This loot system was mainly introduced in World of Warcraft which is where i came from.

Do pass this message around as i'm bored of seeing kiddies arguing with me when they have it wrong
Advertisement

Dzentie

Rank 2
Dzentie
Joined
18 Nov 2007
Posts
488
Location
United States
PostedJun 09, 2011 11:24 pm
That makes a lot of sense, thanks for posting this. The first few dungeons I did no one bothered explaining it to me, so I was just passing on all the items.

Katami Wakachita Yagadanse

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
Joined
07 Nov 2009
Posts
3887
Location
Rosemount United States
PostedJun 09, 2011 11:26 pm
this is a good system when u don't have noobs in yuor party

maganaho

Rank 0
Joined
31 May 2008
Posts
149
Location
United States
PostedJun 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: Need/Greed/Pass System

You do understand that people who understand English already understand this system, right? If you have 12 year olds not understanding something as simple and basic as that, your post wont help to begin with.

heatzz

Rank 0
heatzz
Joined
04 Feb 2009
Posts
126
Location
Singapore
PostedJun 10, 2011 12:07 am
Question.

Are all DGN drops Bounded?

Or Need make the drops Bound but not Greed?

maganaho

Rank 0
Joined
31 May 2008
Posts
149
Location
United States
PostedJun 10, 2011 12:08 am
heatzz wrote:
Question.

Are all DGN drops Bounded?

Or Need make the drops Bound but not Greed?  

Most rares are bound the moment you pick them up. Everything else is bound the moment you wear it.

heatzz

Rank 0
heatzz
Joined
04 Feb 2009
Posts
126
Location
Singapore
PostedJun 10, 2011 12:18 am
maganaho wrote:
heatzz wrote:
Question.

Are all DGN drops Bounded?

Or Need make the drops Bound but not Greed?  

Most rares are bound the moment you pick them up. Everything else is bound the moment you wear it.  


Someone in-game told me that if you choose Greed in DGN, the drop is not bound.

NgauNgau

Rank 0
Joined
19 Nov 2009
Posts
9
Location
Malaysia
PostedJun 10, 2011 2:17 am

Re: Need/Greed/Pass System

maganaho wrote:
You do understand that people who understand English already understand this system, right? If you have 12 year olds not understanding something as simple and basic as that, your post wont help to begin with.  


I was actually in an English speaking party of 5man.

None of them actually understand this concept and wanted to kick me when i rolled greed on a non-hunter item when i'm in my hunter class. I tried explaining but it is 4 against me 1 alone

I'm hoping everyone will play their part in educating those players who are not familiar with this loot system so we could enjoy a better environment in OB

NgauNgau

Rank 0
Joined
19 Nov 2009
Posts
9
Location
Malaysia
PostedJun 10, 2011 2:18 am
heatzz wrote:
maganaho wrote:
heatzz wrote:
Question.

Are all DGN drops Bounded?

Or Need make the drops Bound but not Greed?  

Most rares are bound the moment you pick them up. Everything else is bound the moment you wear it.  


Someone in-game told me that if you choose Greed in DGN, the drop is not bound.  


This is not true. I've greeded many items from dungeon and it is all Bind on Pickup
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: