Solus1984

Rank 0
Solus1984
PostedJun 09, 2011 4:38 pm

[Help] I need of a non-squishy easy to use class.

Looking for a solid non-squishy class to play as.
Well I have tried playing as a Mage, and so far, I can't hack it. Too squishy for my playstyle, I need something that is solid and strong and can take hits, as well as give out the pain! It has been suggested to be to play as a Warrior, Thief or Hunter if I am looking for a non-squishy class to play as. I am wondering what everyone's opinions on this is, and if they have any tips/advice on this like which Heroic Trait / Knowledge Skills / Certificates Ect. I will need to make my character effective. Thanks in advances to those who post!
Advertisement

xuphor

Rank 3
xuphor
PostedJun 09, 2011 4:46 pm
Engineer is the easiest class I've found so far, if you DON'T use Cyber Up. Very very easy to kill enemies before they even reach you, and even if they do, they have relatively high HP/defense.

miyod

Rank 0
PostedJun 09, 2011 4:49 pm
I haven't had the opportunity to try out the Engineer, but what about a Bard? Yes, they may be 'squishy' and they don't have that many damage skills, but they can heal themselves.

Solus1984

Rank 0
Solus1984
PostedJun 09, 2011 4:53 pm
xuphor wrote:
Engineer is the easiest class I've found so far, if you DON'T use Cyber Up. Very very easy to kill enemies before they even reach you, and even if they do, they have relatively high HP/defense.  

Ok what about Heroic Trait / Knowledge Skills Ect. ? Are there any other classes that are solid and can take a beating and deal decent damage too?

xuphor

Rank 3
xuphor
PostedJun 09, 2011 4:56 pm
For Engineer, max out all your STR and Damage knowledge tree points.
Beleive me, they are EASILY the easiest and least squishy class in-game so far, on the account of their huge DPS + medium-high defense/HP.

Solus1984

Rank 0
Solus1984
PostedJun 09, 2011 5:02 pm
xuphor wrote:
For Engineer, max out all your STR and Damage knowledge tree points.
Beleive me, they are EASILY the easiest and least squishy class in-game so far, on the account of their huge DPS + medium-high defense/HP.  

So I have to start out as say a Warrior, still need which Heroic Trait I should use on this character. Engineers start out as Hunters right? so what advice/tips can you give me, such as the right Knowledge Skills / Certificates to use, ect. Looking to make this character really good, so just need to have people share advice with me.

Hawkpeft

Rank 1
Hawkpeft
PostedJun 09, 2011 5:20 pm
This is closed beta, your character will be wiped. Used this time to test out heroic traits and knowledge points to see what suits you best. Play warrior till level 10, then hunter till you get engineer.

Solus1984

Rank 0
Solus1984
PostedJun 09, 2011 5:35 pm
What stats are important to Engineers, so that might help me choose the right Heroic Traits / Knowledge Skills. I know we get wiped clean, but I would like to have a solid character, so I KNOW what to do, after the wipe.

Quoise

Rank 0
Quoise
PostedJun 09, 2011 5:47 pm
Well, its a DPS section so most likely AGI , Lk, and MP. They seem to like to do fast attacks aswell, and always pull aggro, so that should say they're better then mages at DPS single.

Quoise----------Guild- Unity

Solus1984

Rank 0
Solus1984
PostedJun 09, 2011 6:16 pm
I'm also looking to make a Warrior/Knight which Heroic Trait / Knowledge Skills do I need?