Micchio

Rank 0
Micchio
PostedJun 08, 2011 9:15 pm

[Guide] Strategies to complete Dungeons with ease.

V1.
Ok so first of all, I noticed many people kept complaining about Rotten's Bug Queen Abby(or whatever it's name is) healing too much and all other whines and stuff. So I've decided to use my experience from FNO(Finding Neverland Online) to write up some short guides for you to consider as 'effective' strategies against bosses in general.

[Rotten]
- Suggest Level 35 -

Recommended Formation: Hunter, Cleric, Magician.
You can use any class you think it's much more comfortable to your party

First Boss - Jenny(or Jinny) -
Difficulty: Easy
Break Point: Fire and Strike

This boss has a buff that grants it resistance to Electric and Fire damages. Furthermore, it also has a strong skill that does 3 consecutive strong hits. As this boss is fairly easy, the main strategy here is to heal the 'tank' while your hitters dish out damages. He should go down in 1 to 2 minutes depending on how much damage your hitters can deal.

Second Boss - Bug Queen Abby -
Difficulty: Medium
Break Point: Fire and Strike

Now, this boss is very, very annoying. Its buffs are mainly resistance to fire and strike, there are other resistance buffs as well but it SHOULD NOT affect the players too much.

Now for the fight, the first 50% of Abby's HP should be fairly easy to chip away. Once reaching 50%, it will summon 5 minions which are easily killed. The annoying thing about this boss is that it will start using a regeneration buff that heals for 308HP/sec once it reaches 50% of its HP. Furthermore it can't be debuffed and it CAN stack up to 10 times, healing for a grand total of 3080HP/sec.

In order to deal with its annoying regeneration buff, AVOID depleting its BP until it's nearly dead. If it's BP is still there, the regeneration buff SHOULD only stack up to 3 times. So the main tatic here is to take note how fast you're destroying it's BP, if it's gone too fast, it'll just keep spamming the regeneration buff.

Note: Magicians have a powerful DoT and a Stun/Knockdown skill that is pretty effective. So if you're using the Hunter,Magician,Cleric setup, please make sure that your Hunter have decent gear to keep dishing out decent damage.

--
If you think this is good and want more strategies for other dungeons/boses, please do drop a note here.

THANKS FOR READING!
Advertisement

gr8m3ss

Rank 0
PostedJun 13, 2011 2:37 am
halfway fail. if you can dps with the mage quickly enough so the boss doesnt heal, great. but f you look closely at the boss'es healing buff it heals him, AND magic attacks done against it heals it even more. best tactic is to have a healer and 2 melee classes and just **** him with dps.

i beat it easily in less than 40 seconds with 2 knights and a cleric. on the other hand a knight, theif, and cleric couldnt out dps the heals. but that coulda just been fail dpsers(as i was the healer)

talonmas

Rank 0
talonmas
PostedJul 11, 2011 11:49 am
Some people still struggle with this boss so here's a backup plan for when tank+dps fail:

Use a Hunter to deplete it's mana! The skill everyone think is crap finally has its usage. Just slowly zap away the mana, and once out of mana it cant heal. Or cast nasty spells Smile

lolifate

Rank 0
PostedJul 11, 2011 11:55 am
Easiest way is to have an Engineer stun Abby with Heavy Artillery when the buff starts blinking. You can do it on Warrior too but the timing is stricter (Wild Charge stun 2sec, Heavy Artillery 3sec) which means she'll recast more often than not.

Taterz

Rank 0
PostedJul 11, 2011 7:55 pm
use resistance collapse, it will lower the healing effect and let you slow down her healing to the point where it will take her 6 stacks to begin outhealing damage.

new to the game, veteran to the style

davell135

Rank 2
davell135
PostedJul 12, 2011 7:52 pm
if abby has hp and def+70% buffs, fight will take alot longer.

Takuyachaaan

Rank 0
Takuyachaaan
PostedJul 12, 2011 8:10 pm
Tank dual wields or 2h.
Abby=dead. Razz

Thanks to leXiah for the amazing siggy! <3

kiddo150

Rank 0
kiddo150
PostedJul 23, 2011 11:13 am
gr8m3ss wrote:
halfway fail. if you can dps with the mage quickly enough so the boss doesnt heal, great. but f you look closely at the boss' healing buff it heals him, AND magic attacks done against it heals it even more.  

This is partially false. Magic attacks DO NOT heal it. With the healing on, it simply nullifies magic damage it recieves (and does nothing with it). Therefore, any magician or illusionist firing spells is virtually a waste of MP, but it won't heal the boss faster.

I beat this boss as Thief with a knight and cleric in the party. What I was doing was spamming Sonic Cut (DoT mayhem) and Ambush (This doubles the next attack's damage). Using Ambush makes the knight's attacks deal more damage than Abby's healing when coupled with my Swift Attack. Seriously, people underestimate Ambush's usefulness.

Toorimakun

Rank 1
PostedAug 03, 2011 4:35 am
BTW even if you don't brake the braking point it still stacks to 6