locx_

Rank 1
locx_
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Requirements for VR?

Hello everyone,

I had a break from game about 1.5 years ago and starting to come back, but there has been many changes meanwhile e.g. new lvl cap and new maps that came with it. Currently I am lvl 55 archer, I used to be pretty good for my lvl and for that time. I have 520 LUC, about 250 DEX iirc and average 800 atk power. I've visited VR few times and managed to kill some boars but it wasn't pretty lol. Now I'd like to know what should I have to grind in efficiently?

Lvl, stats, atk power and anything else I need to know?

Also, how easy is it to get party as an archer there nowadays, and even further, do ppl grind there regularly and all? My server is Lailah btw.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 07, 2011 1:59 pm
your statistics is good. for VR, i suggest a lvl57+ .
at your level, i went to DD1/Dino to lvl56 and then DD2 to 57 with my UM archer.

once reached that level, i went to VR.

as an archer it's really hard to get a party nowadays. it's often a solo grindfest. but there are sometimes good parties which you might to fill. sometimes, people creates an archer party, so it really depends of people which is organizing an party.

but thanks to the new skill Deadly Poison Shot skill, you have a big aid to PvE faster.
my strategy is like this ( DPS doesn't work in DD1-2 tho ) DPS + pierce one mob, and killing the another. that's 2 times an XP per "mob kill" Wink

welcome back and good luck ofc Very Happy

signature of xybolt

ElizaReis

Rank 1
ElizaReis
PostedJun 07, 2011 2:44 pm
xybolt perfect as always in his supports.

I also would like to give my 2 cents. I am battle priest and my fiancé is an archer. We used to go duo to DD1 and Jungle. I have a nice REC and INT and while I lure and aggro mobs with Frost Barrier and Frozen Ice, my fiancé can kill them with AOE atacks.

You also can try some duo with t-priest/b-priest and have some advantage with AoP, Prayer, Ultimate Restoration to help you SP, MP, HP when going down and Etain Bless that is awesome for all ^^

And yes, Welcome Back ^^

locx_

Rank 1
locx_
PostedJun 07, 2011 10:28 pm
Ok thanks, so how would I do in VR solo at 57? I have flash and sonics btw. Currently I do trolls in dino and I'm just about strong enough to solo efficiently. And yeah I love DPS! That's why I don't wanna go to DD2 Razz

And thanks for the welcomes ^^

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedJun 07, 2011 10:43 pm
Yep, I skip deep desert too - either turtles/trolls or VR for me.

For VR you need to be very careful - they hit far harder than trolls.
For trolls I'd hit one with DPS & then hit it maybe one more time, then switch target to the one beside it and kill that one.
I could just stand there while the first one beat on me and I had no troubles - no chance of getting killed.

That is not the case in VR. If you try that in VR you will die (unless you have huge defence).
3-4 shots from a boar and I die - sometime 2 shots if I am particularly unlucky with their special attack.
So, I hit them with DPS, VSS, Rapid Shot and then run. And keep running until it dies.
Reload the bow & move on to the next one.

Make sure you register for party search - if you can get a party you will get very rapid XP.
Otherwise it's a slow grind Sad

RIP Kizzd

locx_

Rank 1
locx_
PostedJun 08, 2011 12:58 am
That's how I killed some of them too, but didn't like their 4k hits Sad trolls also hit me for about 900 so no serious threat, however I can't keep that up forever. when do you think exp over time becomes better in VR than in Dino or Desert? When they are green? Also is there any other place to consider?

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 08, 2011 1:48 am
locx_ wrote:
That's how I killed some of them too, but didn't like their 4k hits Sad trolls also hit me for about 900 so no serious threat, however I can't keep that up forever. when do you think exp over time becomes better in VR than in Dino or Desert? When they are green? Also is there any other place to consider?  

at lvl57, VR mobs gives 39k XP when i have XP stone running. i believe that the trolls gives around 30k. it depends if you can kill fast. the first VR mobs are green at lvl58+
sadly enough, there is no another spot where you can grind at lvl57 Neutral

and yes i admit that the VR mobs are hitting hard.

MerlinMcTav wrote:
That is not the case in VR. If you try that in VR you will die (unless you have huge defence).
3-4 shots from a boar and I die - sometime 2 shots if I am particularly unlucky with their special attack.
So, I hit them with DPS, VSS, Rapid Shot and then run. And keep running until it dies.
Reload the bow & move on to the next one.  

do you want to know my trick ? Razz

DPS + sustain + pierce + blunt. target 2nd mob and VSS + tranq + RS + blunt and then finishing

yesh you read it correctly, blunt, it lowers their DEX and they are missing frequently Very Happy
really amazing skill with no cooldown, and if you have enough DEX ( i've 390 ) and you lower the boar/wolves their DEX with 100, you wouldn't being hit much Very Happy

signature of xybolt

locx_

Rank 1
locx_
PostedJun 08, 2011 4:00 am
Trolls give now just a tad over 30k with stone and at 57 they'll be blue or green last lvl. So then it's party I guess or DD2/pando old school Razz still, is there any other spot than VR especially 60+?

Nice trick you're doing there! I need to get some more DEX too, at least when I can wear and get me some Cele gear Smile

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 08, 2011 5:11 am
locx_ wrote:
Trolls give now just a tad over 30k with stone and at 57 they'll be blue or green last lvl. So then it's party I guess or DD2/pando old school Razz still, is there any other spot than VR especially 60+  

at lvl 60 you can do CS first room. but i rather prefer to do VR between 60-65. after lvl65, if you have a good gear and a toxin lapis, you can try the dungeon QV. it's an instanced dungeon with a 7 person party requirement.

signature of xybolt

Lanceknightmare

Rank 2
PostedJun 08, 2011 5:47 am
Personally, I took the Charm + Experience Stone route through Pando. When I was in my late 50's. I did go to Dino's/Desert at times. Though, without at least a charm + protect Item Drop. I just flat out don't recommend doing this. The loss of the experience from death. Will just outweigh your gain. Or, be negated enough to just ruin your motivation for leveling. There are those times though. Where you can find a peaceful grind. Though, you always want to go prepared.

Around level 57/58 is when others options. Besides just Pando/Dinos/Desert start to open up. You could go for D2 during these levels. Parties will start to let you in to Ol in Dinos during these levels. Though, you will be primarily a support at that level and with those statistics.

In terms of your statistics. I recommend steadily raising your Dexterity/Luck/Attack Power together. There are some new additions to the game in Episode 5. That will give you some pretty nice statistics. For a small amount of gold comparatively. Plus, you can sell them back to the market. After you are done using them as stepping stones. If you are strapped for cash and want to get your grinding over with. You could also just spend your gold on Experience Stones, Protects and Charms. I noticed a trend. Where nearly everyone that was making a level or more per month. Were all running some form of Experience + Item. The most popular one seemed to be the Blue Dragon Charm. Since it offered great bang for your buck. Though, oddly enough. The BDC. Seemed to be used by your more casual grinders. While the more hardcore and committed ones. Were all running Experience Stone + Charm. In many of the cases. Protect Item Drop and/or Protect Experience Drop. For mixed leveling and farming when they felt like gaining EXP + currency.

Dread/Legendary Accessories are your best bet for Pre-Level 65. You can also purchase Heroic Accessories for a pretty low amount of gold as well. Valentine Rings/Loops are pretty cheap. Though, the market is flooded with them. Too many people figured out. That you could just buy a bunch of clean Valentine Items. Then, use one Recreation Ruin then sell for a profit. There are several people that have no realistic grasp of the value of statistics. So, there will be those that over-price. Though, you can also find these items at a reasonable price. With just a bit of comparison shopping.