Neir95

Rank 0
Neir95
PostedJun 07, 2011 6:26 am

Nub Questions!

QQ
Well, I'm new to the game, and I have a couple of questions so far that I couldn't find any answers for.
I hope someone can answer these:
1.) What Heroic Trait is considered "the best"? Or which one is most advisable? I was thinking of either going Maverick or Commando(lulz), since I'm planning on taking the thief path first.
2.) Just to be 100% sure, there will be a CBT wipe, correct?
3.) I've noticed that the hotkey is very limited. I was playing around and pressed the little plus buttons on the right side, and up popped two more bars. Is there any way to set up different key functions for these? And are they only use-able by right clicking the keys dragged into them?

That's all I'm really concerned about right now. So far I'm enjoying the game. Too bad I have finals this week. ./facedesk
Advertisement

risorial

Rank 3
risorial
PostedJun 07, 2011 6:36 am   Last edited by risorial on Jun 07, 2011 6:44 am. Edited 1 time in total

Re: Nub Questions!

QQ
Neir95 wrote:
Well, I'm new to the game, and I have a couple of questions so far that I couldn't find any answers for.
I hope someone can answer these:
1.) What Heroic Trait is considered "the best"? Or which one is most advisable? I was thinking of either going Maverick or Commando(lulz), since I'm planning on taking the thief path first.
2.) Just to be 100% sure, there will be a CBT wipe, correct?
3.) I've noticed that the hotkey is very limited. I was playing around and pressed the little plus buttons on the right side, and up popped two more bars. Is there any way to set up different key functions for these? And are they only use-able by right clicking the keys dragged into them?

That's all I'm really concerned about right now. So far I'm enjoying the game. Too bad I have finals this week. ./facedesk  

1. I'm not entirely sure, both seem to be good choice, I guess you'd have to play around for a bit
  2. Yes, there will be a wipe once CBT (closed beta testing) is over. From what I've observed, OBT (open beta testing) will not have a wipe.
  3. The first bar are number presses (press the numbers on the number row to activate the skill or action you have placed here). The second bar is the control bar; you must hit Ctrl and # to activate these skills or actions. The third bar is the alt bar, which is like the control bar, but you hit alt then the number to activate.

You can change the hotkeys for these though. Go to your Main Menu > Settings > Hot Keys, then down in the list are the hotkeys for these bars. However, if you change the hot key, the change reflected will not show, so you'll have to remember on your own accord.

Example: Changing your C1 to F will allow you to use the C1 skill by pressing F, but the button will still show C1.

I hope this helped.

Edit: Information updated.

Raife

Rank 1
Raife
PostedJun 07, 2011 6:41 am
I went commando with thief, it's a solid choice seeing as how they are completely phys damage oriented. the luck trait might be good too, though. I've had some problems with accuracy.
If you do plan on going thief, remember that you only need a dagger in your off hand. If you have a powerhouse 1handed weapon, even if it's a mace, it's better to put that in your sword hand and keep the dagger in the off hand for the passive boost.

Kietseu

Rank 0
Kietseu
PostedJun 07, 2011 7:52 am
1) Each of them is helpful to a different role. If you think you'll be playing a lot of classes, Leader is always a nice pick - everyone can use some extra HP and MP. If you're planning on taking thief, boosts to AGI, STR, physical attack, attack speed, crits, etc are probably your best choice.

2) Wipe after closed beta, although there are some nice prizes that players will get after the reset if they hit high enough levels. Open Beta won't be wiped, from what I understand.

3) Like everyone's said, 0-9 for the first row, Ctrl+0-9 for the 2nd, and Alt+0-9 for the third. You can change the bindings in the settings. Also a helpful tip: Use the F-keys to target party members. (F1 for yourself)

Neir95

Rank 0
Neir95
PostedJun 07, 2011 11:57 am
Thanks for the quick replies, this is definitely an active forum haha.

The hotkeys will definitely come in handy. Can't wait to actually start playing after finals! :>

Daidarapochi

Rank 1
Daidarapochi
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:18 pm
Don't focus entirely on Melee, as your usefulness in parties will quickly run thin at bosses.

^Temporary^

Alucard923

Rank 2
Alucard923
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:56 pm
Raife wrote:
I went commando with thief, it's a solid choice seeing as how they are completely phys damage oriented. the luck trait might be good too, though. I've had some problems with accuracy.
If you do plan on going thief, remember that you only need a dagger in your off hand. If you have a powerhouse 1handed weapon, even if it's a mace, it's better to put that in your sword hand and keep the dagger in the off hand for the passive boost.  

Extra A-Spd works better than having a powerhouse weapon on thief. Really the only time this comes into play when you want a weapon other than an Unique dagger and a Blue dagger in your hands is when you get access to the Rapier, the only other bladed weapon with decent attack speed. Also having the extra dagger helps boost your double-hit rate, from what I've noticed. Also Maverick is more suited to thief for the attack speed and agility boost. I can tank on that class due to only 1 in 4 attacks not missing me, and get in 4 or 5 attacks to their one.

Also, don't focus on one class or one class branch. You'll have a hard time finding parties. It's better to be flexible and have many capabilities. That was kinda the main focus of the game, so that people would be anything and everything. You'll be wanting to go for ranged dps (mage/illusionist or hunter/engineer) on bosses that have nasty AoEs and debuffs.