Aribear

Rank 0
Aribear
PostedJun 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Server Connection Problem

"Eden Eternal has stopped working"
I know my connection is fine, especially if my boyfriend can run WoW right next to me on his laptop that we're sharing the connection with and I can do other things at the same time.

Even when he's not running anything, I log in to game, walk a couple of steps and the client crashes. I have my settings on the lowest (which I shouldn't have to do anyway, my computer runs everything else fine), and I also have UI Cache turned off. Res is set to 1280 x 800 full screen, my normal screen res.

Suggestions?
Advertisement

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedJun 06, 2011 12:00 am
Well, basic suggestions are always:

Update graphics drivers
Try different resolutions and graphic detail levels
Toggling full screen and windowed modes
Update DirectX

Some people are experiencing crashes. A lot have been nailed down to the Intel GM 965 chipset and the Intel Mobile 4 chipset.

Aribear

Rank 0
Aribear
PostedJun 06, 2011 7:37 am
Must be the chipset then. Of course, Intel is worthless.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 06, 2011 8:19 am
the chipset itself is fine. Its the onboard graphics that isn't good for gaming. If your computer has the chipset but you've a dedicated graphics card install then its perfectly fine.

If you go into the event viewer of windows and look in the application tab there should be an event concerning _Launcher.exe from edeneternal that crashed/failed. If you open that event it should provide more info on why that application failed. The reason for the failure can/will help determine why its broken.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)