protaon

Rank 0
protaon
PostedJun 05, 2011 12:19 pm

No Login?

Video glitch makes it impossible to play
Alright, so, I spend about, eh, maybe about 11-12 hours installing Eden Eternal. After all, it looks like a fun game. So, logging in, everything's fine, and I get to the character creation screen. The background is flashing, and the character's body, not the clothes, are a strange, invisible, red- diamond partially transparent. I make the character anyway, to see if this will stop in-game. All I see after hitting "finish" is a beige screen- just a flat, beige screen. I use the TaskMan to shut it off, and start up again. Log in to see that only the menu options are there (Create, Login, Spin it around, ect.) and the rest is that same beige. I login, with the slightest hope that it will work. No. flat beige again. I try AGAIN with all graphics set to the lowest they can go- same thing. Anybody know what's happening?
Advertisement

cluskey1

Rank 3
cluskey1
PostedJun 05, 2011 12:23 pm
try this : Close the game, open the launcher, click Options, Video, then turn off the UI Cache.

protaon

Rank 0
protaon
PostedJun 05, 2011 1:00 pm
already have, did that when i lowered all the vid options. I've also set it to lowest res windowed

Jacqli

Rank 1
Jacqli
PostedJun 05, 2011 1:07 pm

~Happiness is everyone's joy~

protaon

Rank 0
protaon
PostedJun 05, 2011 1:13 pm
thanks, that could be it, my video card's a wildcat, they're ancient and long since gone out of business, but i thought i had the newest card drivers? anyway thanks i'll try it out!

protaon

Rank 0
protaon
PostedJun 05, 2011 1:47 pm
not working- all i get is the UI when i log in and occasionally about an inch of game screen, but thats it. i have my driver updated from 2008- the latest wildcat driver for my card

Jacqli

Rank 1
Jacqli
PostedJun 05, 2011 1:59 pm
What kind of graphics card do you have?
I've seen this similar problem in many games due to their age of video card.
The choices you have right now is either to upgrade or wait until open beta.
I'm sure by then the devs will optimize the game on older card architecture.

protaon

Rank 0
protaon
PostedJun 05, 2011 2:05 pm
I've got a 3DLabs Wildcat VP870, it's fromt he early 2000's.

Jacqli

Rank 1
Jacqli
PostedJun 05, 2011 2:11 pm
Ahh.....a workstation card....that explains it. Workstation card such as Nvidia Tesla and ATI FirePro(and even your wildcat) are not designed to play games.
Computer peripherals are cheaper now days especially this year, the price of memory ram has dropped by at least 50%. If you're looking to buy new pc, I recommend buying a complete PC package from www.tigerdirect.com and get GTX 460 if the package does not include gpu =D

protaon

Rank 0
protaon
PostedJun 05, 2011 10:42 pm
thanks, a family member suggested tiger direct as well, i will check it out. im not going to be able to get a new comp though, lol, IRS cheated us big-time and we owe THEM now lol so i think im just getting a video card or something