whitenuts

Rank 0
PostedJun 04, 2011 9:24 pm

[Mini-Guide] Tasos Channel Bosses

Tasos Channel Bosses
A Mini-guide to make your life easier

Tasos Channel is a 3-man instance located on Rainbowfall Forest. But it differs from the previous instances found in the game in one aspect: the location of the bosses. Most other 3-man instances have one boss halfway through the dungeon and another at the end. On Tasos Channel, both bosses are located together at the end of the dungeon. Because of this, you usually have to tank both bosses at once when doing Tasos, which can be a strain on the tank and on the healer.

There is, however, a way to fight one at a time, which is what I'm going to try to explain here. Be warned that it requires teamwork, though. It involves one party member "resetting" one of the bosses while the other two take care of the other.

FIRST STEP
Just get through the dungeon however you like until you get to the bosses. When you get there, decide which boss you are killing first. For the sake of example, let's say we are killing Angela first.

SECOND STEP
Next, the tank gets Angela's malice and drags a bit away from the altar her while the healer keeps him alive.

THIRD STEP
At the same time that the tank gets Angela's agro, the third party member (usually a DPS) should get Juan's agro and start running towards the entrance of the dungeon. After a certain point, Juan will give up the chase and return to the altar. However, since the tank got angela away from the altar on the second step, Juan will NOT agro the party. That way, the party can focus on killing Angela and them proceed to kill Juan instead of fighting the two at once, which may lead to a catastrophic end.

In case of duos, the healer will have to reset the second boss while the tank hold his own against the first, which makes this a bit harder. Usually stacking 5 Life Cure (if Cleric) will buy the tank enough time for this to be done.

I hope this is well explained. If not, I might record a video later.
Advertisement

Daidarapochi

Rank 1
Daidarapochi
PostedJun 05, 2011 12:40 am
I don't know why people find this one so hard. Our party got it done in one run tanking both bosses at once :\

^Temporary^

likorohizar

Rank 0
PostedJun 05, 2011 4:24 am
Hi,

whitenuts, you don't need to reset bosses (is it a bug?) to defeat them. Just kill first Juan and successively Angela. Be careful, don't damage too much Angela while you are fighting with Juan because Angela can use a Silence AoE at <75%. Juan does a lot of damage and when got the HP bar less than 75% he will begin to stun the tank. Your healer needs to always spam Cure and you have to use your defensive cooldowns. Only after you killed Juan, you can start fighting Angela. Angela is pretty easy, just a bit long because she can heal herself.
Also the turtle does few damage so the healer can help by doing some DPS (especially using Sanction's Light to break the boss) just holding up on the tank the Heal over Time and the tank can switch to a 2H weapon.
Use charge when she casts heal and you've done it Smile

I (Warrior 20/17) have duo'ed it with my girlfriend (Cleric 20/17) without having needs to reset those bosses. So with a full party, it will be more easy.

TL;DR: Kill first Juan.

Best regards.

littlepixies

Rank 0
PostedJun 05, 2011 7:30 am
indeed. its quite hard for lvl20 or 21. we did the quest with me(sin), a cleric, and a hunter. i took the aggro thanks to my evade buff + AOE. and at the boss den, i tank them both not knowing they are both boss! so after that we changed tactic. lure one at a time. its not easy to do because if you hit one, the other will come. but just keep trying. anyway, the bigger boss heals so you gotta keep the DPS and heal

Kyusuk

Rank 0
Kyusuk
PostedJun 05, 2011 9:08 am
Actually is a pretty easy dungeon o,o! It isn't too hard to tank both of them (If you know how to MAX your DEF and how to build up Agro then is a piece of cake this dung.) but anyway is a good info.

Diekthxbye

Rank 0
Diekthxbye
PostedSep 28, 2011 8:53 am
Considering they're solo'able by a Cleric in the lvl range, I sure wouldn't call that a hard fight.
PUG can make it harder than it seems tho... Hard, some PUG could make AFK'ing in a town hard :p

Politique : du Grec "Poly" qui veut dire plusieurs, et "Tique" qui est un parasite suceur de sang.

Flaries

Rank 0
Flaries
PostedNov 25, 2011 8:53 pm
Soloing a dungeon makes the monsters easier so one person can handle it all, once in a party their strength goes up. As for this being easy, not if you're entire party is lvl 20.

Diekthxbye

Rank 0
Diekthxbye
PostedDec 01, 2011 4:12 am
I wasn't refering to the solo mode, but to the regular mode.

Politique : du Grec "Poly" qui veut dire plusieurs, et "Tique" qui est un parasite suceur de sang.