Author Message

linearcannon

Rank 0
Joined
04 Jun 2011
Posts
2
Location
Canada
PostedJun 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Launcher too big for screen?

I would really love to try Eden Eternal, but when I open the launcher the play now button is off the screen, pulling up the launcher high enough to show it doesn't work because the second I stop holding it it flies back down. I checked the folder that Eden Eternal is in and I don't see a game application other than the launcher, so I can't bypass it that way. I'm using a netbook, if that has anything to do with it... If anyone could help it'd be super appreciated.
Advertisement

danyloqo

Rank 0
danyloqo
Joined
16 Dec 2009
Posts
7
Location
Mexico
PostedJun 04, 2011 8:21 pm
i think you need a minimun resolition of 800x600 :/

AndoSky

Aeria: Product Manager
AndoSky
Joined
05 Sep 2007
Posts
6117
Location
United States
PostedJun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Launcher too big for screen?

linearcannon wrote:
I would really love to try Eden Eternal, but when I open the launcher the play now button is off the screen, pulling up the launcher high enough to show it doesn't work because the second I stop holding it it flies back down. I checked the folder that Eden Eternal is in and I don't see a game application other than the launcher, so I can't bypass it that way. I'm using a netbook, if that has anything to do with it... If anyone could help it'd be super appreciated.  

Even if you weren't having problems with the launcher, I'm fairly sure you won't be able to run Eden Eternal on a netbook. Unfortunately they're usually just not powerful enough for modern 3d games.

minist_manner

Rank 0
minist_manner
Joined
04 Jun 2011
Posts
5
Location
Tp HCM Vietnam
PostedJun 05, 2011 7:54 am

launcher is too big?

Why don't you change the screen size that was set up in your computer?
Click on the plain screen (right click)-> choose properties-> choose the settings-> on screen resolution you can choose what size you want
I had this problem before... Now I use the screen size 1024x768...

hellish2

Rank 0
Joined
15 Feb 2010
Posts
5
Location
United States
PostedJun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: launcher is too big?

minist_manner wrote:
Why don't you change the screen size that was set up in your computer?
Click on the plain screen (right click)-> choose properties-> choose the settings-> on screen resolution you can choose what size you want
I had this problem before... Now I use the screen size 1024x768...  

but what if ur screen resolution max is 1024x 678?

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
Joined
13 Feb 2007
Posts
6953
Location
United States
PostedJun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: launcher is too big?

hellish2 wrote:
minist_manner wrote:
Why don't you change the screen size that was set up in your computer?
Click on the plain screen (right click)-> choose properties-> choose the settings-> on screen resolution you can choose what size you want
I had this problem before... Now I use the screen size 1024x768...  

but what if ur screen resolution max is 1024x 678?  


are you sure its 1024x678? that's one weird resolution. Try setting the game to run at 800x600 or 1024x600 if it available via the launcher. If its not available via the launcher see if you can set it by modifying the client.ini file. Change the line screen height to 600 and leave the screenwidth at 1024. See if that works.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Vitalism

Rank 0
Vitalism
Joined
15 Jun 2011
Posts
1
Location
Sparta United States
PostedJul 02, 2011 7:06 am

same issue.

I had the same problem. Right click, select all and hit the enter key on your keyboard. It should open but the screen is still all messed up.... trying to solve this...

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
Joined
13 Feb 2007
Posts
6953
Location
United States
PostedJul 02, 2011 8:50 am
see my reply here

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

leemon123

Rank 0
Joined
04 Dec 2012
Posts
2
Location
Australia
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:21 am

Re: Launcher too big for screen?

linearcannon wrote:
I would really love to try Eden Eternal, but when I open the launcher the play now button is off the screen, pulling up the launcher high enough to show it doesn't work because the second I stop holding it it flies back down. I checked the folder that Eden Eternal is in and I don't see a game application other than the launcher, so I can't bypass it that way. I'm using a netbook, if that has anything to do with it... If anyone could help it'd be super appreciated.  

leemon123

Rank 0
Joined
04 Dec 2012
Posts
2
Location
Australia
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:24 am
what if it does work on 1024x600?
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: