nicensweet2280

GameSage: Aeria Browser
nicensweet2280
PostedJun 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Suggestion for GSs

Players get a limited amount of "World Calls" which they generally use to attract the attention of the GMs/ GSs and other players.

I tried to whisper a GS with a question, since i did not want to waste "World Calls"(had limited) and they are set to -offline-. How can a player reach them IN GAME with a question?

Will the GSs be approachable at all in this game? aside from the random chatter they have with each other, GMs, other players and generic question answering in World Call?

I was told by a GS to send a contact us with my question and if they "had time" they would answer it, since i tried to whisper and they are set offline. Can you even begin to imagine how many days a simple question will take to be answered? When they could have easily answered it in game but for some reason rather just players send their questions via contact us.

*My question was about a quest which i asked several players and NO ONE seemed to have the answer to, so I naturally referred my question to the GSs*

What is their role then? if they can answer a simple question and their only response is "send a contact us and if i have time i will answer". This is already setting itself to problems in the availability and friendliness of the GSs. If their role is to attract players and retain them, i dont think that this would be very effective.

Again,
1. Players have limited World Calls gained upon lvln certain levels
2. When certain questions are asked in other channels not everyone knows the answer, we are ALL noob and starting the CB, thus it would be natural for us to ask the GSs questions but these are always set offline.
3. Friendliness goes along ways, it retains the trust of the community, builds good environment and thus this makes players want to stay and play.
4. Looking down on players and telling them to "send a contact us and IF the have time they will answer them" as a response to someone asking for help for a simple question they could have answered it then it is not helpful at all.

Sending a contact and getting an answer generally takes 2-7days, it is just wasted time for a simple question. After all the GSs are there to "help" players not to appear like they do and just continue to chit chat with each other and ignore players.

Suggestion,
1. Please set your self online, for players who DONT have anymore "World Calls" and are having trouble getting their questions answered by other players in other channels.
2. Be friendly dont look down on players, after all you volunteered to help not to get a power trip on your position as a GS.
3. If your goal is to retain and entice players to the game is not enough to have a nice game but the environment plays a huge role in this.

I hope you see this as "contructive" and please pay more attention to the community which you are trying to entice with the launch of this game.

*PS this is NOT in reference to ALL GS, but certain ones (which i rather not mention to avoid future problems). I do admit some GSs are extremely helpful and friendly, but always there are some rotten apples that ruin the image and view of the good batch.

Thanks alot and I enjoyed the game Smile
Advertisement

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedJun 02, 2011 10:17 pm
Good suggestions and notes, and I'm sure the GS team appreciates the feedback. If you are able to run your web browser whilst in game, you can always hop into the Shoutbox, and someone is usually there to assist with most problems.

Just throwing that in the mix as an alternative to always looking for an online GS.

nicensweet2280

GameSage: Aeria Browser
nicensweet2280
PostedJun 02, 2011 10:19 pm
Thanks for your response, i will sure try that as well, just hope it does get answered, eventually lol