dragonlord600

Rank 0
PostedJun 02, 2011 5:34 am

Aeria fun card error

plz help i get error (-999) This PIN is not valid. Please try putting it again. in a 20$ funcard and i just bought it today
Advertisement

yulli

Rank 4
PostedJun 02, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Aeria fun card error

dragonlord600 wrote:
plz help i get error (-999) This PIN is not valid. Please try putting it again. in a 20$ funcard and i just bought it today  

are you putting in the numbers without spaces?
did you type in the numbers correctly?
are you sure you are using a pin that was not used before?
does your receipt say the card was activated?

dragonlord600

Rank 0
PostedJun 02, 2011 2:14 pm
oh i threw away the receipt can i still go to the store and activate it?

yulli

Rank 4
PostedJun 02, 2011 3:43 pm
dragonlord600 wrote:
oh i threw away the receipt can i still go to the store and activate it?  

did you try entering it without the spaces?(the numbers under the gray area that you scratch off) and did you check to see if you you entered the numbers correctly?

you can try and go back to store and see if they activated it, but might be hard if you dont have the receipt to prove you bought it, unless you get them same person at the register that remembers you. I never had the problem of a store not activating it.

if you still cant get it to work, send in a contact us with the numbers from the card.

dragonlord600

Rank 0
PostedJun 02, 2011 7:55 pm
i might as well buy another one or send a ticket

red10meg

Rank 0
PostedJun 12, 2011 9:18 pm

same problem!

i am having the same problem with two $10 fun cards. it says (-999). it says the pin card number is wrong. i need to find the receipt but i just bought them today.

Meloboi

Rank 0
PostedJun 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Same problem Too!

i got the "(-999) This PIN is not valid. Please try inputting it again." Constantly,
I've tried inputting it with/without spaces.

I'm getting frustrated about wasting 10 bucks on the fun card.

I have my receipt, and i'm pretty sure the cashier activated it.

DuchessAourai

Rank 0
PostedOct 22, 2011 1:21 am

Me too

I got this too, and customer support has been unhelpful. In my case they points were reported to an account, according to them. I haven't spent money in game since October 6th, PIN generators. Basically they download an illegal app that tracks activated codes and reports them to the users who them put them in, and Aeria doesn't care because they have your money and the points went in to some account.

I'm never playing another Aeria game again. I'm going to go back to Perfect World games like Rusty Hearts and Ether Saga because they at least don't screw me out of my hard earned money.

yulli

Rank 4
PostedOct 22, 2011 10:43 am

Re: Me too

Meloboi wrote:
i got the "(-999) This PIN is not valid. Please try inputting it again." Constantly,
I've tried inputting it with/without spaces.

I'm getting frustrated about wasting 10 bucks on the fun card.

I have my receipt, and i'm pretty sure the cashier activated it.  

take a picture of the card with a camera(showing the pin in the picture) and send it in a contact us to billing if you cant get it to work.

DuchessAourai wrote:
I got this too, and customer support has been unhelpful. In my case they points were reported to an account, according to them. I haven't spent money in game since October 6th, PIN generators. Basically they download an illegal app that tracks activated codes and reports them to the users who them put them in, and Aeria doesn't care because they have your money and the points went in to some account.  

did they say that the PIN was used by someone else already? or they just said it was used? if you did not use the card yet, then take a picture with a camera of the front and back of the card for proof you own the card and to show the pin on the card and send it to them.

DuchessAourai

Rank 0
PostedOct 23, 2011 2:44 am

I'll try

I'll try that if the screen caps of my purchase history don't sway the customer assistance person. Honestly though, this seems like a common problem, and when I tried to bring it up in certain places (like facebook) my posts were denied or removed to cover it up. It all feels kind of back-alley'ish and I think I might just stop playing Aeria games at all. I've never gotten ripped off by my Perfect World MMOs, so likely I'll be going back to them.