FullChain109

Rank 1
FullChain109
PostedDec 22, 2011 1:42 am
nickytje wrote:
so eeeuhm i tought let's post again and make it a bit alive?
this is my latest work in progress Razz

tips, comments etc plsse ^^  

I wuv dragons Smile)

One of the treatments you can try would be the 'Smudge' tool or something similar like in Photoshop...I'll show you what I mean in a bit... first though I'll finish something I started this morning...brb lol

Advertisement

thefatkat

Rank 0
thefatkat
PostedDec 22, 2011 2:37 am
I wish I could draw like that, lol, I love art and graphics and all that stuff. My Wacom Tablet stopped working somehow though..still saving up for a new one.

FullChain109

Rank 1
FullChain109
PostedDec 22, 2011 2:52 am   Last edited by FullChain109 on Dec 22, 2011 2:54 am. Edited 1 time in total

WINDZSPIN!

finally stage 2 lol

making up details is always faster...

lets work together on this one though cuz I dont know what your favorite colors are.

put some colors you like on her armor (wow GM color of choice lol) and send it back to me, ill use your pallette XD

oh, it would be nice to put your PVP rank on her breastplate too just lemme know

FullChain109

Rank 1
FullChain109
PostedDec 22, 2011 2:53 am
thefatkat wrote:
I wish I could draw like that, lol, I love art and graphics and all that stuff. My Wacom Tablet stopped working somehow though..still saving up for a new one.  

hate it when the wacom decides to brat :/

pen and ink's fun too though Smile

FullChain109

Rank 1
FullChain109
PostedDec 22, 2011 4:02 am

Tips
First, we can lower the brightness and contrast both of the sketch so we have greys and whites to work with. Already you can see that you've made some nice metallic-ish effects here and there. Let the accidents happen.

The Smudge tool works just like finger-painting. We push the white areas closer to the lines so it gets 'cleaner'. In the reverse, you can smudge a darker area into a lighter one for shadow effects.

For final touches, you can use black color set to low opacity so it takes several strokes to make a harsh black line. (what i mean is im not sure and im scared so ill use a light black over and over on an area til im sure it should be there, like watercolor).
Highlights that tell you where the light source is can be put on later when you're sure where you want the light to come from too. I'm never sure myself. Usually I'll dab the whitest 'ink' on places where I think the subject's 'highest' areas are if it was a real thing.
Note the 'Opacity' of the brush is set rather low at 29%. The non-committal types won't find a problem with this.

There are many many, many really good free paint programs out there that can do these effects or better. Try The DogWaffle Project http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/ if it still exists cuz it was kickass and FREE Smile
I think 'smudge' is called 'finger-paint' there.
Simple is best so try to get used to and master very few tools instead of a whole lot of confusing ones. This whole process used only 2 tools: the smudge tool, and a normal round flat Brush (using diff size and opacity, black or white). Best to treat it like it's on paper Smile
Same in real life, use few tools that you can use well. I end up using a mixed media of ordinary cheap ballpens, Stabilo's, correction fluid if I had this on actual paper. Guerilla Art.

nickytje

Rank 2
nickytje
PostedDec 22, 2011 5:00 am

Re: WINDZSPIN!

finally stage 2 lol
FullChain109 wrote:

making up details is always faster...

lets work together on this one though cuz I dont know what your favorite colors are.

put some colors you like on her armor (wow GM color of choice lol) and send it back to me, ill use your pallette XD

oh, it would be nice to put your PVP rank on her breastplate too just lemme know  

omg!! o.o i will send you later today:D

nickytje

Rank 2
nickytje
PostedDec 22, 2011 5:01 am

Tips
FullChain109 wrote:
First, we can lower the brightness and contrast both of the sketch so we have greys and whites to work with. Already you can see that you've made some nice metallic-ish effects here and there. Let the accidents happen.

The Smudge tool works just like finger-painting. We push the white areas closer to the lines so it gets 'cleaner'. In the reverse, you can smudge a darker area into a lighter one for shadow effects.

For final touches, you can use black color set to low opacity so it takes several strokes to make a harsh black line. (what i mean is im not sure and im scared so ill use a light black over and over on an area til im sure it should be there, like watercolor).
Highlights that tell you where the light source is can be put on later when you're sure where you want the light to come from too. I'm never sure myself. Usually I'll dab the whitest 'ink' on places where I think the subject's 'highest' areas are if it was a real thing.
Note the 'Opacity' of the brush is set rather low at 29%. The non-committal types won't find a problem with this.

There are many many, many really good free paint programs out there that can do these effects or better. Try The DogWaffle Project http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/ if it still exists cuz it was kickass and FREE Smile
I think 'smudge' is called 'finger-paint' there.
Simple is best so try to get used to and master very few tools instead of a whole lot of confusing ones. This whole process used only 2 tools: the smudge tool, and a normal round flat Brush (using diff size and opacity, black or white). Best to treat it like it's on paper Smile
Same in real life, use few tools that you can use well. I end up using a mixed media of ordinary cheap ballpens, Stabilo's, correction fluid if I had this on actual paper. Guerilla Art.  

o.o nice xD i knew some stuff where missing but now i see it totally diffrend lolz

thefatkat

Rank 0
thefatkat
PostedDec 23, 2011 3:13 am
/JEALOUS

That's true, I like using pencil and paper too, but I find that using a tablet in Photoshop or something can give a better effect than on paper, unless you're sketching Very Happy

FullChain109

Rank 1
FullChain109
PostedJan 02, 2012 9:07 pm
thefatkat wrote:
/JEALOUS

That's true, I like using pencil and paper too, but I find that using a tablet in Photoshop or something can give a better effect than on paper, unless you're sketching Very Happy  

i always thought the 69 xbow was ugly and looked like a dead fish so i drew it as i see it in my head.

Media:
Red pencil (has to be Col-Erase Vermillion for me i dunno why)
couple cheap old-style ballpoint pens
different dillutions of india ink and Liquid Paper correction fluid
green, red and yellow Stabilos

Photoshop was for cutting out the rest of the paper but that's all I use it for on some sketches. I really like paper grain Smile

Zombilicious

Rank 3
Zombilicious
PostedJan 02, 2012 9:12 pm
LOL! i thought the exact same thing Rolling Eyes
nice drawings, man!