ChowRunner334

Rank 0
PostedMay 30, 2011 2:12 pm

ele top for 20-30 archer?

worth it?
Hello Smile

Im planning a 20-30 HM archer build. I plan on obviously linking eles into my bows, but...with the amount of dex I plan on having (almost 300), is it neccessary to link an ele in my top? Here's my reasoning:

With that dex, the only ones that can really hit me regularly are the ubers and sins. If you cant hit me, the benefits of an ele are moot, and it is less slots for stat lapis. Plus, an archer tends to try to stay at range anyway. Since I can never afford ele 2s, I don't think, considerin the massive damage thrown out by [16] ele 2 hellraisers, would any ele 1 even be worth it? Sure it can reduce some damage if its the correct ele, but is it really gonna matter to the uber linked, uber geared players with [15+] enchants? "Regular" pvpers im not worried about...its the uber ones that hit so high, that make even the damage reduction from eles seem like nothing. Or...am I overestimating the damage in 20-30? I haven't been there in quite a while.

Thougts? Comments?
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 30, 2011 2:49 pm
i think that you're underestimating the other's DEX.

i think that most people have above 200 DEX. while you have 300 atm, the accuracy rate of the opponent on your archer is surely not low.

if you have checked this discussion thread concerning DEX you can find out that, when you are 300 DEX

--> the player on 200 DEX will have 63% accuracy on your archer
( there is a limit of 95%, so capped it )

--> the player on 150 DEX will have 50% accuracy on your archer

and i didn't have counted in buffs which can help the another person, like
-> concentration
-> agility
-> sharp shooter

so, it's still risky to think that you cannot being hit regularly

signature of xybolt

ChowRunner334

Rank 0
PostedMay 30, 2011 2:54 pm
Ahh. Point taken. Pesky dex formulas >_>

Thanx Smile ele it is, then. Most peeps would have 70-80% chance minimum to hit me.